TRE....on a gen 2...do they work??
I'm sure Pete would accept your ECU for a bench flash.
Bench flashing is sufficient for removing restrictions, turning off O2, PAIR sensors, Ram air compensation, etc.
Best way is to flash your ECU with the bike on a dyno so you can tune the ECU to match the engine's needs. That way you can pick up HP; even on a stock bike.

I've got interstate guys sending me their ECUs via registered post for a bench flash, usually for buggy/car mounted 'busas. For off road you don't want/need 02, ram air compensation, etc. Its straight forward. For confirmation of changes I plug the ECU into my Gen II and check Air/fuel ratio as well as other requested changes, (but not to confirm that the top speed limiter is off!!).

Camel
Thanks to everyone that replied here ...its been an education!
Cheers again guys!!
JeffroVery Happy
Hello to al

Am in possession of an X-Tre for HealTech XTRE S01.
Works very well. 1N23456 gear indicator remain the same.
Mapping 4.5-6 and removal of 300 km speed limit.
Use of the original wiring with plugs .
Not too expensive.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/
(02-10-2011, 03:08am)Fester Wrote: Hello to al

Am in possession of an X-Tre for HealTech XTRE S01.
Works very well. 1N23456 gear indicator remain the same.
Mapping 4.5-6 and removal of 300 km speed limit.
Use of the original wiring with plugs .
Not too expensive.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/
Thanks Fester,
My X-TRE works OK too. So does the Speedohealer that one can calibrate with Healtech's online calculator & against the Cheetah C100 GPS Speed indicator as speeding fines & government revenue raising devices are a real problem here in Aussie. Was interesting to note the OBD Tool on Healtech's website. It may eliminate the requirement for the Suzuki SDS Tool which is rather expensive;
09904-41010 SDS Set
&
99565-01010-012 CD Rom Vers 12
http://www.bikebandit.com ...Search Suzuki SDS
.....but they reckon if you have a PCV with Wide Band 02 Sensor & Autotune, you can use one of these;
http://www.orientexpress.com/Suzuki/Spor...+ONLY.html
...... in which case you can remove the XTR-E

Grunt not sure it would be a can do ? The SDS needs to firstly hold the ICS closed whilst synching throttle bodies and then again the SDS is used to reset the ICS base idle. Have found units around that will hold the ICS and in fact pretty sure flashing software can do this at this time, but at this stage nothing that can reset the base parameter for the ICS. If not reset it brings up a F1 light after synching throttle bodies.
(03-10-2011, 12:44pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Grunt not sure it would be a can do ? The SDS needs to firstly hold the ICS closed whilst synching throttle bodies and then again the SDS is used to reset the ICS base idle. Have found units around that will hold the ICS and in fact pretty sure flashing software can do this at this time, but at this stage nothing that can reset the base parameter for the ICS. If not reset it brings up a F1 light after synching throttle bodies.
ICS ? Sorry, but understandably, as usual, I'm confused. Do you mean Idle Control Speed ?
I looked in the manual Read & this is what I found under "I";
I:
IAP Sensor: Intake Air Pressure Sensor (IAPS)
IAT Sensor: Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IATS)
IG: Ignition
Ignition Control Module (ICM): --
Intake Air Temperature (IAT): ----(IAT), Air Temperature
Idle Speed Control (ISC): ----
ISC Valve: Idle Speed Control Valve

Surely one can just increase the idle speed with the throttle cables from 1150rpm to 1500rpm if there is an unmentionable requirement ?
Cheers
Grunt no probs Idle Control Solenoid / Idles Speed Control Valve same same. On Gen II idle speed is ECU controlled / set / held via this solenoid thru SDS software.
(03-10-2011, 04:33pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Grunt no probs Idle Control Solenoid / Idles Speed Control Valve same same. On Gen II idle speed is ECU controlled / set / held via this solenoid thru SDS software.
Thanks Pete,
So do you think, after reading the Healtech OBD Tool FAQs, do you think it would be OK for increasing idle speed. I'm not asking you to guarantee your advice, as you do not have the OBD Tool. But what do you think ?
You would have to use editor to turn off the isc if you wanted to manually set the motor idle speed, or the poor ecu gets confused ,
Is the obd interactive or just for reading the stored faults and current status including live info
Thanks for your help Pete n Maj.
Looked @ FAQ #8 & 9 & that confirms the "Flash".
Cheers
Anyone bought SDS through Bike Bandit?
(04-10-2011, 10:41am)Camel Wrote: Anyone bought SDS through Bike Bandit?
Would only take an email with S------ xxxt#sConfused
I took the X-TRE off mine today just to see what difference it made (its been on so long I can't remember what is was like before). So much smoother without it, but lost a lot of that instant 'faaaarrrrrkkkkkk' I had got used to. Plan is to get the flash/retune done soon. Hopefully then I'll have the faaaaarrrrkkkkk factor back with some of the smoothness!
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
lightbulb 
(03-10-2011, 05:54pm)Maj Wrote: You would have to use editor to turn off the isc if you wanted to manually set the motor idle speed, or the poor ecu gets confused ,
Is the obd interactive or just for reading the stored faults and current status including live info

This should stop the "ECU confusion" with any luck;
http://www.mototechdiagnostics.com.au/bi...%20isc.php
(06-12-2011, 01:24am)GRUNTMAX Wrote:
(03-10-2011, 05:54pm)Maj Wrote: You would have to use editor to turn off the isc if you wanted to manually set the motor idle speed, or the poor ecu gets confused ,

This should stop the "ECU confusion" with any luck;
http://www.mototechdiagnostics.com.au/bi...%20isc.php
No SDS Tool Required either for synchronisation of throttle bodies