RPM settings for new shiftlight
Howdy Gents,
I am getting my shift installed this Wednesday Morning, ready for Drags on Wednesday night..New Shift I by eliptech. Dont know if many people have them or not, certainly looks functional in its packet at this point...Once installed I will need to program it for a reasonable RPM range which should give me consistency in order to consolidate and progressively lower my times..Current PB is 11.103 secs. Still a bit embarassing but at least they are coming down steadily. Am looking to crack the 11sec this time out Wednesday 29th at Motorplex. With Bears and Revits help I am getting my technique sorted out. No intention of adding any performance gear or strapping/dogging it until I can ride it reasonably consistant in the mid tens.
The shift light is designed to indicate a low RPM range (Round about where the power kicks in), graduated 7 light display which will flash when the upper RPM limit is reached. I need to set in some reasonable RPM settings. Anybody have a reasonable starting point for good inital Low RPM and Shift Point RPM settings for a stock 05 Busa. <i></i>
Try not to shift before 9500 if you want to get into the 10's.
Remember also that our tachos are not accurate and tend to show up to 1000 rpm more than what we do, so aim to shift at 10,000 or above indicated (check if the shift light works off the actual rpm or indicated rpm too!)
"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
This is from my 05 you should be able to use it as a guide, Personaly I shift as close to the red line as i can.

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>
Will set the first light (low rpm ) at 5K and the shift light at 10K rpm and see how I go. Will get the Busa dynoed a little bit further down the track once I have got exhaust and power commander organised (6-8 months).
Speedzalot, stock or Modified??That sure is one smooth curve...
Alcatraz <i></i>
It all depends on how fast you can react to the light. Set it at 10600.
Dont waste your time or money with a powercommander unless you intend to got radical with the motor. For a stock bore stock cammed motor the powercommander is a waste of money.

It's your cash spend it wisely. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
you need to spend $60 on a strap and your times & consistency will come down quickly. my light is set at 10800. good luck and i'm sure you will be in the 10's next time out. <i></i>
Alcatraz

Depending how comfortable you are with the clutch maybe look at 4-5000 Launch RPM and 10200-10400 Shift RPM to kick off with. As you get better both can come up.

Will be interested to see how the new light goes and fits as I may be swapping to one myself.

Shayne
<i></i>
Quote:Speedzalot, stock or Modified??That sure is one smooth curve...

Stock motor with airbox + TRE mod + yoshi RS3 slip-on's

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>