New ZX14 out today
The Kawa bikes are good machines, trouble is they can't style anything any good above the 600s.
Carpe Diem!
From what I read, there aren't too many changes....
http://www.mcnews.com.au/2012_Bikes/Kawa...nounce.htm
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
flames.... I am sold
I was going to say something along the lines of "They can't design shit!" but it appears they have!

Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
It has ABS and traction control....looks good.

Little things...gradual improvements...like buttons to scroll the modes on the switchgear, so you don't have to reach forward...

My ZX14 was a nice bike.
(11-10-2011, 08:05am)bigjay Wrote: i think pete everett ran a 9.8 off the factory floor with a gen 2.
I never ever tried my gen 2 with the stock cannons on it big jay as I took them straight off.

The best I went at stock height and swingarm was 9.69 @ 150mph on my gen 2. Pipe and air cleaner only.

The 14R will put down some good numbers with a decent system on it as well. I will be bold enough to say that it may get into the 9.50's if not close at stock height and swingarm with a system on it, if you can ride it on the right day. Give Gadson a bit more time with it I think it would of run 9.60's out the box. He went 9.71 @ 147.9mph best on it out the box.

Seen a stock height, stock length B-King run a 9.9 at
Willowbank so the ZX should be a few 10th's better at least ?

http://motoaus.com/road/road-bike-featur...eview.html
Kawasaki has had the reputation of Rust Bucket since it's conception. Either they have improved or you young blokes have not heard of it.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(11-10-2011, 08:24pm)Streeter. Wrote: [quote='bigjay' pid='252828' dateline='1318284313']i think pete everett ran a 9.8 off the factory floor with a gen 2.
I never ever tried my gen 2 with the stock cannons on it big jay as I took them straight off.

The best I went at stock height and swingarm was 9.69 @ 150mph on my gen 2. Pipe and air cleaner only.

The 14R will put down some good numbers with a decent system on it as well. I will be bold enough to say that it may get into the 9.50's if not close at stock height and swingarm with a system on it, if you can ride it on the right day. Give Gadson a bit more time with it I think it would of run 9.60's out the box. He went 9.71 @ 147.9mph best on it out the box.

Sorry about that PeteVery Happy Still good numbers mate without the stock cans thoughTrophy

Would have been good to been fair dinkum & put Gadson on the Busa & the oter Guy on the Kawwa & see what he runs, he is no ordinary rider Gadson
Maybe the the Kawwar may give us a little run for our money after all,
Can we fit Busa body work on a Kawwa Lol2
The video I watched swapped riders. Forgetting ET's if there wasn't 3-4mph between them for the extra CC's and all the other changes of the ZX14 there would be something wrong. It will be interesting to see what Suzuki strikes back with.
Shayne
(12-10-2011, 12:50pm)abusa Wrote: The video I watched swapped riders. Forgetting ET's if there wasn't 3-4mph between them for the extra CC's and all the other changes of the ZX14 there would be something wrong. It will be interesting to see what Suzuki strikes back with.

interesting that Gadson ran a 10.25 on the busa and mystery man ran a 10.11. Gadson must have took off in 2nd to make the busa look slowLol2RollLol3 When the other rider ran the 14 they didnt show his time!!!! Clearly a BASH THE BUSA clip and also Gadson is in bed with Kawasaki anywayBoobies4Boobies4 Nice bike it maybe but i ain't changingFatman
I wouldn't read to much into that video of the busa and 14R against each other. Lol3 Love the 14R just power standing though. The busa times were a bit of a beat up. Pi_thumbsup

I think the new styling changes look much better.