BT-015 OEM tyres - wtf ?
Just clicked over 4000kms on the original tyre's on my 6 month old Bike and , I'll give them a 5/10 , looks like I'm going to have to replace the rear next week in the trickiest week of the year as I'm planning on an 800km trip next week and the BT-015 plainly won't last the distance .

Almost worn down to the thread , anyone know why Suzuki does'nt dress the new 'Busa's with decent rubber ?

Front tyre is Ok so I'll leave that as is but will try and book in a Metzeler Z8 if there's one around given the time-frame ..damn

(26-12-2011, 05:30pm)Raphel Wrote: Just clicked over 4000kms on the original tyre's on my 6 month old Bike and , I'll give them a 5/10 , looks like I'm going to have to replace the rear next week in the trickiest week of the year as I'm planning on an 800km trip next week and the BT-015 plainly won't last the distance .

Almost worn down to the thread , anyone know why Suzuki does'nt dress the new 'Busa's with decent rubber ?

Front tyre is Ok so I'll leave that as is but will try and book in a Metzeler Z8 if there's one around given the time-frame ..damn
One person's idea of a decent tyre is often different to another. Suzuki don't know if the new owner is using the bike to near it's full capabilities or not. Imagine the uproar if they released their hypersport model with a compound that was sending hard riders down the road. Just my thoughts,Paul.

(26-12-2011, 07:09pm)cyndemgum Wrote:
(26-12-2011, 05:30pm)Raphel Wrote: Just clicked over 4000kms on the original tyre's on my 6 month old Bike and , I'll give them a 5/10 , looks like I'm going to have to replace the rear next week in the trickiest week of the year as I'm planning on an 800km trip next week and the BT-015 plainly won't last the distance .

One person's idea of a decent tyre is often different to another. Suzuki don't know if the new owner is using the bike to near it's full capabilities or not. Imagine the uproar if they released their hypersport model with a compound that was sending hard riders down the road. Just my thoughts,Paul.

Well said mate X2 Pi_thumbsup

"anyone know why Suzuki does'nt dress the new 'Busa's with decent rubber ?" - Raphel

I would consider if it last 4000km it's a bit decent rubber Coolsmiley
But I understand someone touring isn't going to be so happy .

The bike is advertised on Suzuki Oz Web Site as a Supersport & not in the Touring Section so I guess they have to cater a bit more for that .

Suzuki

[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
I have the OE tires - rear is at 70% at 6000KM.very light riding for the past 2 yrs. I had times (on my Gen 1) were I use to change rubber r every 2500 - 3000 KM as it was soft tires and use to ride it hard.

Usability and life of tires are equally proportional to the time you keep your licence and ride at legal limit.

;)
Bill
I liked the BT015 on the busa i got 8000 out of the rear i was told by another rider the way to get better milage was to accelerate coming out of the corner so that by the time the bike is up right you are at your speed that way it helps to stop the centre from wearing out as we all know soft compound and shit lots of throttle when the bikes straight up is not going to give the rear a long tyre life. I now run the new BT016pro on the front and the BT016 hypersport on the rear and i love them but i also know they not going to win any milage records but they will be fun while they last.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Little story that may be relevant. A few weeks back I did another couple of blasts up and down the Oxley. Heading east along the long straight section just above ginger's roadhouse. Came hooking into the first right hander, bike cranked over. countersteering left, shoulder and knee pointed towards the centerline. Next thing about half a metre of oncoming logging truck bullbar is across my lane. Big flick and countersteer to quickly get the bike upright, gassed it flat and raced towards the gaurdrail and road edge. Near the very edge of the bitumen another very aggressive left countersteer and cranked over far more than I have had the bike before and flew by the whole debarcle. Short of the initial brake application on entry the brakes were never used again. I can honestly say that if I had not been on hot sports compound rubber I would have been pretty much the f--ked article. It all happened so fast that I can only recall the alloy bullbar but did not even note the colour of the rig. I believe that it does not matter how you ride these fantatic machines, a time will come that you wish you had the best grip available and possibly at the most unexpected moment. I don,t insure my bikes and every cent that does not go to the insurance thieves is spent on fresh, soft rubber. Each to their own, Paul.
I found the OEM's took too long to warm up. Not a bad tyre but I wasn't confident at all with grip and the shit cold grip was a significant factor of my lowside a while back. Am I right by saying (been told) that the factory fitted 015's are not the same tyre you'd buy off the shelf?

I ended up changing to 016's and am yet to fault them.
(27-12-2011, 01:04pm)BikerBoy Wrote: I found the OEM's took too long to warm up. Not a bad tyre but I wasn't confident at all with grip and the shit cold grip was a significant factor of my lowside a while back. Am I right by saying (been told) that the factory fitted 015's are not the same tyre you'd buy off the shelf?

I agree , a couple of occasions I've had the rear slip out when the 015's were cold and only moderate cornering which has never happened with any other tyre I've had. I've read that the BT-015's are available off the shelf in other locations but they're almost a different tyre to the Oem's - the protype BT-016?

Reading a pommie thread i hear that a few guys when they get their new Bikes insist on a new tyre on the rear before they take delivery , maybe that's just the poms ....

Going shopping for a new tyre tomorrow , might stick with the 015 on the front and go for a 55 profile on the rear - I've been reading the thread on here, very interesting .

(27-12-2011, 03:04pm)Raphel Wrote: Reading a pommie thread i hear that a few guys when they get their new Bikes insist on a new tyre on the rear before they take delivery , maybe that's just the poms ....

I used to do that in the 70s, when Yamahas came with Yokohama or Inoue tyres that were pure crap. Mind the only choice was Dunlop TT100 or Avon Roadrunner. Spoilt for choice we are these days.

Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Raphel if you going to stick with bridgestone give the BT016 a go i agree that the 015 took abit of warming up but i,m of the old school where you get your tyres warm before you give them the throttle. the 016 is dual compound so the middle is alittle harder but the grip is great and give the 55 a go i found the turning in alot better.
(27-12-2011, 09:53pm)grumpy Wrote: Raphel if you going to stick with bridgestone give the BT016 a go i agree that the 015 took abit of warming up but i,m of the old school where you get your tyres warm before you give them the throttle. the 016 is dual compound so the middle is alittle harder but the grip is great and give the 55 a go i found the turning in alot better.

A good point mate Pi_thumbsup
I like to warm my tyres up a bit too before I give it the beans Biker
Doesn't take too long Pi_tongue
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
Note that for anyone sourcing overseas that the BT-016 and the BT-016 Pro are different. The Pro is what is currently being sold in Oz and is the latest model. Seems to work fine for me.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(27-12-2011, 01:04pm)BikerBoy Wrote: I found the OEM's took too long to warm up. Not a bad tyre but I wasn't confident at all with grip and the shit cold grip was a significant factor of my lowside a while back. Am I right by saying (been told) that the factory fitted 015's are not the same tyre you'd buy off the shelf?

If you run reccomended pressures in the OEM tyres (42psi)you have a little hope of them ever getting to the temperature - 70-85 deg which would be ideal. I run mine at about 32-34 psi with a much better result. Also noticed that the Australian models came with BT016 as standard while the US models have BT015's fitted as standard. The reason I know is because I bought a set of brand new wheels with tyres from there and they came with 015's on them. Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Who buys a Busa to save money on tyres?
I've had BT 016's on mine and although probably getting about 5k out of them I'm happy.
(01-01-2012, 12:23am)Shifu Wrote:

If you run reccomended pressures in the OEM tyres (42psi)you have a little hope of them ever getting to the temperature - 70-85 deg which would be ideal. I run mine at about 32-34 psi with a much better result. Also noticed that the Australian models came with BT016 as standard while the US models have BT015's fitted as standard. The reason I know is because I bought a set of brand new wheels with tyres from there and they came with 015's on them. Biker

Shifu i had my bike out the other day and the arse end was all over the place in the corners so before riding yesterday i checked my tyre pressure 36 in the rear pumped it back up to 42 and the ride was as sweet as did not move in the corners so for me the recommended trye pressure of 42 works i love these BT016s and i will run the BT016pro rear for my next set. only put the 016hypersport on the rear because i got it nearly $100 cheaper than the pro.