Muzzy Fans
(12-01-2012, 12:21pm)Tyronm Wrote: Pi_freak
(12-01-2012, 07:17am)simmo Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 06:55am)Tyronm Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 10:20pm)alpal Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 12:27pm)Tyronm Wrote: How many people are ruinning Muzzy fans? Undecided
Are they worth the investment or not really required?
I think it can depend on whether you have aftermarket headers or not the original exhaust header is double thickness it has an inner tube (on Gen II anyway) which keeps heat in where aftermarket are single which are externally hotter and usually come out further from head closer to fans
Hmmm Well im running a full acro system and I never thought of this, It might pay just to upgrade to the muzzy for piece of mind...
Has anybody completed a write up on changing the fans?
Do I need to remove the radiator? (GEN II)
Thanks fellas....

You need sort of small hands it helps
good small 10 mm ring spanner & small 10 mm socket
& take your time, it wont be good if you punch a hole in your Radiator

You dont have to remove the radiator
Side fairings off
Drop oil cooler down a bit, 3 by 10mm bolts
loosen top bolts of the Radiator & take bottom bracket bolt out 10mm bolts again, you can move the Radiator forward a bit then so you can get a bit better access to the short 3 by 10 mm bolts that hold the fan in, opps unclip fan wires
When you get the new blades you have to just swap them over, just one bolt, follow the instruction it has a spacer & you could put the blade in backwards,
You will find like Bruce said the are a bit noisy when they cut in
I didn't melt my blades but I did cook one of the fan motors
It gets very hot in there

My hands are not suited to fiddly bits and hard to reach places... Pi_freak

Simmo, Did you say that you were happy to help out with this mod??? Clap Lol3

You better bring over a big bottle of Southern comfort then Pi_thumbsup
(12-01-2012, 01:46pm)simmo Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 12:21pm)Tyronm Wrote: Pi_freak
(12-01-2012, 07:17am)simmo Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 06:55am)Tyronm Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 10:20pm)alpal Wrote: I think it can depend on whether you have aftermarket headers or not the original exhaust header is double thickness it has an inner tube (on Gen II anyway) which keeps heat in where aftermarket are single which are externally hotter and usually come out further from head closer to fans
Hmmm Well im running a full acro system and I never thought of this, It might pay just to upgrade to the muzzy for piece of mind...
Has anybody completed a write up on changing the fans?
Do I need to remove the radiator? (GEN II)
Thanks fellas....

You need sort of small hands it helps
good small 10 mm ring spanner & small 10 mm socket
& take your time, it wont be good if you punch a hole in your Radiator

You dont have to remove the radiator
Side fairings off
Drop oil cooler down a bit, 3 by 10mm bolts
loosen top bolts of the Radiator & take bottom bracket bolt out 10mm bolts again, you can move the Radiator forward a bit then so you can get a bit better access to the short 3 by 10 mm bolts that hold the fan in, opps unclip fan wires
When you get the new blades you have to just swap them over, just one bolt, follow the instruction it has a spacer & you could put the blade in backwards,
You will find like Bruce said the are a bit noisy when they cut in
I didn't melt my blades but I did cook one of the fan motors
It gets very hot in there

My hands are not suited to fiddly bits and hard to reach places... Pi_freak

Simmo, Did you say that you were happy to help out with this mod??? Clap Lol3

You better bring over a big bottle of Southern comfort then Pi_thumbsup

No problem!!!!
Once I get them I will give you a yell. :) Yes
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
[/quote]

No problem!!!!
Once I get them I will give you a yell. :) Yes
[/quote]

Pi_thumbsup
On their way Pi_thumbsup
Simmo share it ...................... with the Legend Lol2
(11-01-2012, 10:20pm)alpal Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 12:27pm)Tyronm Wrote: How many people are ruinning Muzzy fans? Undecided
Are they worth the investment or not really required?
I think it can depend on whether you have aftermarket headers or not the original exhaust header is double thickness it has an inner tube (on Gen II anyway) which keeps heat in where aftermarket are single which are externally hotter and usually come out further from head closer to fans

FYI -Gen1 - even with the the standard pipes the fan blades will eventually melt.

First fan had the motor die 10 years ago as was always riding in city traffic.

2nd one still going, but 99% country riding and haven't heard it come on in years. (hope it still works?Confused)

Had bike apart the other day and noticed fan blades all melted at the ends.

You got another fan there Pete ??
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
If Pete's got none left, Schnitz are selling 'em for about $35 and roughly the same for postage.
Fan blades were all good, non melted yet...
The pipes on the Ackro system do sit very close to the fans and would assume they are putting out more heat then the stockies.

This mod just gives piece of mind! Yes

A HUGE thanks to Simmo for his help... Pi_thumbsup Enjoy the Southo!
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
(20-01-2012, 08:44am)Tyronm Wrote: Fan blades were all good, non melted yet...
The pipes on the Ackro system do sit very close to the fans and would assume they are putting out more heat then the stockies.
This mod just gives piece of mind! Yes
A HUGE thanks to Simmo for his help... Pi_thumbsup Enjoy the Southo!

No worries & thank you, when you ready for the stage two 50 HP sent me a PM Pi_thumbsup
(14-01-2012, 07:48am)CeeJay07 Wrote: If Pete's got none left, Schnitz are selling 'em for about $35 and roughly the same for postage.

Jeezus go easy Craig you trying to get me shot Knuppel2
Gen II fan set from Schnitz is $74.95 US plus shipping. The price I sold them at was less than I paid .................. and non left at that price.
Not at all Pete...Gen 1 I meant........just trying to point out an option in case you had none left.......exchange rate seems ok at the moment. No harm intended Pete.
(22-01-2012, 08:04am)CeeJay07 Wrote: Not at all Pete...Gen 1 I meant........just trying to point out an option in case you had none left.......exchange rate seems ok at the moment. No harm intended Pete.

Craig all good Pi_thumbsup Ask that Irish fella when he's comming up for a visit and a trip to fraser ? ................ he's a funny bugger Lol3