Advice and Liabilty
(15-01-2012, 02:58pm)cyndemgum Wrote: FFS. If this is the kind of American crap that this site intends on going on with, maybe it is time to bail out or just converse with members by way of private messages. Pretty sad shit really. Paul.

The really sad thing Paul is the club, for want of a better term, being threatened with legal action by people with their own agenda's. That is sad. That's why we are looking for some way to protect the guys giving the advice.

The fact that we have a number of excellent wrenches who are willing to give free advice to anyone who is stuck or needs a hand is what we are all about. Bikers helping bikers. That's the real value of our club.

Max
I believe every thing that is said here and thought it was legally binding.
Maybe I will have to make my own mind up as usual. Crap I thought it was going to be easy and blame some one else. Shit what bullshit.
(15-01-2012, 10:42am)fullbore busa Wrote:
(15-01-2012, 08:16am)fasterfaster Wrote: This is also the reason I asked many times over the past that one should be allowed two profiles ............ as at times what one would post as a business and what one would post as a rider is two different things.

Im a little confused why should the advice be different ? I have been in the motorcycle industry for 28yrs and business owner the past 12yrs and the advice i give customers ,friends & those that i ride with would always be the same .

Mark

Mark I agree with you .................. it's simply the repercussions being different (legally) depending on the source of the information ................ and sadly when things turn to shit often the culprit doesn't want to wear the consequences of their own actions and goes looking for a scapegoat.
Have i missed something??
Has a member or the club been threatened with legal action due to misinformation or are we just finding out where we stand with regards to this??
After being burnt financially by a few, I have become more warry of who i take advice from.
Yep it cost me, but I now know who I can trust, I will call him/them if I have a problem, I dont go asking on a forum for 50 different replies, where 49 of them will vary from either killing me or breaking the bank.
(16-01-2012, 04:29am)#CAS# Wrote: After being burnt financially by a few, I have become more warry of who i take advice from.
Yep it cost me, but I now know who I can trust, I will call him/them if I have a problem, I dont go asking on a forum for 50 different replies, where 49 of them will vary from either killing me or breaking the bank.

+ 10
Bit hard to sit back and watch some one be advised to spend money that you know will yield no result for their outlay, but then they say silence is golden. So be it.
Taking responsibility is what its all about,if my mechanic told me to do this or that and after I follow his advice something goes wrong than he is responsible as I am not only paying him for his work but for his "professional opinion/advice".On the other hand,free advice on forums or the sorts can be a double sided blade and one should take it with a grain of salt cause it could be all well intended but it could also be a future upsale from the good intentioned individual especially if he is in the trade.An example of this happened when I was at willowbank some time ago and there was a bloke who's GSXR"S engine blew up after advice/work done on it by his"mechanic"......When he went back for answers/repairs all the excuses in the world came up to brush off the responsibility...needless to say he was not happy.When asked why didnt you go legal he said that bad publicity is a silent killer and let me tell you that he was true to his word as yesterday I was viewing a bike and when this individuals name came up in regards to repairs "FCUK NO"I will never use that scheming dick head was the response I got.
OK Ive read this hole thread I'm not sure what to think of it , has someone threatened legal action against you personally Leonard for information you have given freely ?? ive always found with this forum i can call someone like leonard , bruce , pete or any of the members here for motorcycle advice and at no time would i consider legal action if that info didnt go the way if was supposed to

cheers guys
lightbulb 
(16-01-2012, 09:11am)big kev Wrote: OK Ive read this hole thread I'm not sure what to think of it , has someone threatened legal action against you personally Leonard for information you have given freely ?? ive always found with this forum i can call someone like leonard , bruce , pete or any of the members here for motorcycle advice and at no time would i consider legal action if that info didnt go the way if was supposed to

cheers guys
Lol3
VCM Cycle Seats,
......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'd guess the only thing you'd have to worry about would be ar*e traction Coolsmiley
(16-01-2012, 01:01pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote:
(16-01-2012, 09:11am)big kev Wrote: OK Ive read this hole thread I'm not sure what to think of it , has someone threatened legal action against you personally Leonard for information you have given freely ?? ive always found with this forum i can call someone like leonard , bruce , pete or any of the members here for motorcycle advice and at no time would i consider legal action if that info didnt go the way if was supposed to

cheers guys
Lol3
VCM Cycle Seats,
......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'd guess the only thing you'd have to worry about would be ar*e traction Coolsmiley

^^^ BWHAHAHAHAH you are so so right :P
(16-01-2012, 04:29am)#CAS# Wrote: I dont go asking on a forum
But you don't mind lookingClap

(16-01-2012, 01:17pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote:

Says the guy with no bike, or any bike that has ever seen a track. Doesn't matter how many sites you visit or links you post, you aint got any runs on the board, thats why you aint in the group who's opinion I value.
Let me guess the reply? It will involve the mentioning of drunk women drivers, the labour government, CTP green slips, QBE insurance. Have I forgotten anything??Lol3

lightbulb 
(16-01-2012, 02:56pm)#CAS# Wrote:

Says the guy with no bike, or any bike that has ever seen a track.
Have I forgotten anything??Lol3
Yes, you've forgot to mention that you are one blind muthsfu**er & incapable of reading. Those that matter know, you do not matter as you are just a low life who works as a stand over merchant in an immigration detention centre. My dragbike never seen a track cause I couldn't get an ANDRA medical due to the severe traumatic brain injury, & I'd be fuc* if I'd sell the parts to some penny pinching nickel n dime muthafu*er like yourself. Sooner or later, it'll see a track, but I won't be on it.
This is my current Busa being tuned by Australia'sNo1Busa Engineer who doesn't post on this site anymore cause of toera*s like yourself.

.gif   Have A Nice Day.gif (Size: 11.04 KB / Downloads: 132)
Wtf
Sorry Rod, the fuc*er just pushed his bullshi* too far

The Eyes are watching Coolsmiley
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(16-01-2012, 04:54pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote:
(16-01-2012, 02:56pm)#CAS# Wrote:

Says the guy with no bike, or any bike that has ever seen a track.
Have I forgotten anything??Lol3
Yes, you've forgot to mention that you are one blind muthsfu**er & incapable of reading. Those that matter know, you do not matter as you are just a low life who works as a stand over merchant in an immigration detention centre. My dragbike never seen a track cause I couldn't get an ANDRA medical due to the severe traumatic brain injury, & I'd be fuc* if I'd sell the parts to some penny pinching nickel n dime muthafu*er like yourself. Sooner or later, it'll see a track, but I won't be on it.
This is my current Busa being tuned by Australia'sNo1Busa Engineer who doesn't post on this site anymore cause of toera*s like yourself.

Wtf
Sorry Rod, the fuc*er just pushed his bullshi* too far

Who's your wrench Grunter?

Max