Dragons
whats the opinion on the dragon especially when compared to the 207 and BT56....
Richard, how is yours going? <i></i>
Very impressed. The rate of wear is quite low. However, the down side of this is that it still does not look like I have even begun to use the edges :"> <i></i>
Thanks Richard.
Lucas (debuckle) has a dragon rear with about 2200kms on it.
It appears he would be fortunate if it would last to 3000kms.
His riding style is similar in some aspects to mine ie. spinning it
up out of corners, but the tyre shows very little visible sign of
being worked hard. My 207, on the otherhand, looks like its been
shredded with a cheese grater after the same stretch of road.
Lucas mentioned that the dragon started sliding earlier than the
BT56 he had previously.
I am interested in your (or others) impressions with grip and turn
in into corners and what you would estimate the tyre life would be
with your riding style as compared to your previous tyres.
FYI-I have done 5500kms out of my rear 207 (its totally f****d now )
but they have (nearly) all been hard rides and with 174rwhp.
I am leaning strongly towards another 207 but want see what other
options are there.
<i></i>
Firstly, as you say, it is probably visible signs of wear that I should refer to. However, given that I have not even clicked up 1000 on the new tyre, and also given that my riding style is not like yours (and therefore not like debuckles), I would expect to get a few more k's out of it than he. Yes, I lean, and scrape the toes, but the pegs stay clear of the bitumen. But even with this style of riding, I got the edge of the 207 to show that I had the bike over, and even got it to ball up a bit at times.

Grip does not appear to be a problem. Turning, I notice a small difference, but I think it has something to do with the different profile.

Bottom line: I am anticipating even better mileage (kiometreage??) out of this than the 207 or the 56. And the 207 gave me 8000+ <i></i>
Done about 1500k on a rear Pirelli Dragon 190-50 ZR 17 &
find that it's much easier to change direction quickly compared to the old D207. A friend bought one on the same day so we were able to negotiate a "bulk" discount after shopping around of $290 fitted at a Keilor Road bike shop. (probably paid too much) !

For a single purchase in the City, Pablo's are pretty hard to beat. I've found Bob Jane in Elizabeth St to be very
slick & efficient for people pushed for time but not as cheap as Pablo's & Action Suzuki will negotiate if pushed. <i></i>
Has anyone tried the Pirelli front/ Michelin rear combination? <i></i>
(Scott W)
I had a pirelli Corsa on the front of ZZR1100 that was traded for the busa, what a noisy bloody thing sounded like a four wheel drive tyre(don't know if anyone else has had the same experience) . Had a pirelli GTS fitted previous to that and all in all a pretty good tyre good grip and K's ,I have one fitted to the front now with about a 1000 K's on it,with a dunlop 207 rear.
<i></i>
Thanks for your input. I have recently put a Corsa on the front of my Busa (only done about 300ks on it). Haven't noticed any excess noise, but it's probably going to be hard to tell as I put a new exhaust on it at the same time (as well as new front brake pads which definately are noisier).

Grip is my main concern. <i></i>