isle of man
anyone interested in goin to isle of man,it"s on my bucket list so just seein if anyone else is interested.
(21-01-2012, 07:56am)gggsxr11 Wrote: anyone interested in goin to isle of man,it"s on my bucket list so just seein if anyone else is interested.
Yeh mate I am keen to go back in August 2013. Spent a month over there last TT. You won't be disappointed. Got to know some locals at Laxey and they clued me up about the Manx GP that runs in August of each year. An even better event for spectators and it also includes some classic bike racing. Can put you on to a cottage that sleeps 6 people for around 500 pound per week. Paul.

(21-01-2012, 08:20am)cyndemgum Wrote:
(21-01-2012, 07:56am)gggsxr11 Wrote: anyone interested in goin to isle of man,it"s on my bucket list so just seein if anyone else is interested.
Yeh mate I am keen to go back in August 2013. Spent a month over there last TT. You won't be disappointed. Got to know some locals at Laxey and they clued me up about the Manx GP that runs in August of each year. An even better event for spectators and it also includes some classic bike racing. Can put you on to a cottage that sleeps 6 people for around 500 pound per week. Paul.

I was there in 2010 for the TT. We rented a house in Douglas, you find a lot of the locals go on holiday while the TT is on and rent out their houses. It cost us 150 quid a head for 10 days in a house that slept 8 people. Close to the track, pubs and all the action.
On my bucket list too,but, and it might be just a little off topic, just found out about some New Zealand street races in latest AMCN vol 61 issue 14; 18-31 jan 2012.

First I've heard of them, apparently its been going for nearly sixty years.

So, air fares are what, a quarter of UK, 3 hours (ok so that was when they did direct from adelaide, looks like they dont now) in air instead of 30..
Must be a down side here somewhere...

Wonder what it costs to send busa over, hmmm twisty bits hmmmm

Midlife Crisis? What Midlife Crisis!

I've always had these needs and desires!
Yeah Greeny going in 2017 when I turn 50 but i suspect you will want to go earlier than that there is possibly another Island event comming up again as early as Feb next year.
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
(22-01-2012, 02:58pm)Ranger Wrote: On my bucket list too,but, and it might be just a little off topic, just found out about some New Zealand street races in latest AMCN vol 61 issue 14; 18-31 jan 2012.

So, air fares are what, a quarter of UK, 3 hours (ok so that was when they did direct from adelaide, looks like they dont now) in air instead of 30..

interesting . . . north or south ??? I've never been to the north, might be just the excuse I need.

Ok. found they do a race in Paeroa(north Island)
and one in Greymouth(south)

Wikipedea doesn't have too much on history of either.
is it one of them ???
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(22-01-2012, 04:46pm)Ward P Wrote: [quote='Ranger' pid='259588' dateline='1327208320']
On my bucket list too,but, and it might be just a little off topic, just found out about some New Zealand street races in latest AMCN vol 61 issue 14; 18-31 jan 2012.

interesting . . . north or south ??? I've never been to the north, might be just the excuse I need.

is it one of them ???

don't think i wanna go to new zealand for one event thanks for the info any how.
yes driller i wanna go before 2017,can't you bring it forward and go sooner,why wait that long??

why wait till tommorrow may never come,the sooner i get the plan together the sooner i go,i don't wanna go alone it would be boring,my missus won't go not that that idea has any merrit anyway.
How soon are you talkin and are you going to ship the Busa over?

Don't think I would go if I couldn't ride depending on price of course.

Is there a GP round we can pick up around that time ?

Racing this year Tassie next year how about 2014?
ship the bus,i wasn"t gunna do that,2014 sounds like it could be the go,that should give us enough lead time to plan and get some others on board,i was just gunna fly over and back just for isle of man but maybe we could program a motgp race in if there is one around that time.
(22-01-2012, 04:46pm)Ward P Wrote:
(22-01-2012, 02:58pm)Ranger Wrote: On my bucket list too,but, and it might be just a little off topic, just found out about some New Zealand street races in latest AMCN vol 61 issue 14; 18-31 jan 2012.

is it one of them ???

Last post from me about our neighbours.
So here's what I can work out with my dodgy wireless internet connection; Suzuki sponser a three race series which became ;

2011 Suzuki International Tri-Series Schedule
Hampton Downs 9/10 Dec Manfeild 16/17 Dec Cemetery Circuit 26 December, Boxing Day

As far as I can tell, the first two rounds are on circuits, but the third one is a street circuit near/in wanganui, and if the pictures can be believed, there's only a mesh fencing stopping spectators patting the riders! (note that spelling of manfeild if you want to google it)

http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/

or here for 47 minutes of 2010 footage

http://speedbox.tv/content/2010-cemetery...highlights

Looks like its put together and dismantled over a week, I guess that means you dont get the lead up fun that is the isle of mann.

Midlife Crisis? What Midlife Crisis!

I've always had these needs and desires!
have heard of those nz races but never seen any footage before,looks like they have a lot of fun,and appears as though andrew stroud is the dominant rider,stauffer and bugden had a look in there as well from aus.
thanks very much for that will keep it in mind.
still serious about the isle of man as well.
(23-01-2012, 05:12pm)Driller Wrote: How soon are you talkin and are you going to ship the Busa over?

Don't think I would go if I couldn't ride depending on price of course.

Is there a GP round we can pick up around that time ?

Racing this year Tassie next year how about 2014?

Yeah mate, i went 97, still remember vividly, but my parents went this year just gone and yes, you can tie it in perfectly with Silverstone MotoGP, lots of the MotoGP/Moto2 riders etc attend IOMTT on the thursday too, they have a "VIP" day, some of them even hit the track for a look around......
Was hoping to attend again this yr 2012 but just bought a house so IOM on the back burner till next yr i think :(
OH Well, hanging for Tathra instead :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
there you go driller,it ties in with silverstone,thanks alchemist for that info.
(25-01-2012, 05:40pm)gggsxr11 Wrote: there you go driller,it ties in with silverstone,thanks alchemist for that info.

Ok let me know when you get some dates sorted would still like to ride over there

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/nurburgring.htm

Some of the places I found very interesting over there were, The British bike museum at Birmingham, The national transport museum at Beaulieu Hampshire, The Tony East bike museum at Kirk Micheal on the IOM and the Castletown bike museum on the IOM. The science museum in London is a spinout. Been their twice and could easily spend another day their. There is a Joey Dunlop museum in Northern Ireland however sadly we drove staight past it without knowing it was there. Met a nice old bloke on the IOM and did some work on a Rudge engine for him. In return he lent me a little gs 125 to fang around on for a month. We had a bloody ball. Did 600 plus miles exploring every nook and cranny on the ilse. They are really nice folk and if you hang around after the tt they really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Aside from the bike racing, it really is a special part of the world. Once you see the tt guys Silverstone MGP won't seem that impressive. Have a blast, Paul.