Two Brand New 2012 in store.
We have 1 of each colour brand new 2012 busa's in the shop at the moment. The black one is sold and is supposed to be picked up today but its flogging down with rain here in Newcastle this morning.
I hope the guys leaves it or takes great care.

"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I was in there about 2 weeks and I couldn't see any Busas. That explains why. They must have been waiting on the 2012 models.
/
That Red is really hot Drool
Dont go much on the Graphics But each to there own Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
The red looks good.
Waiting on the Gen-III. :(

'Bold new colors' is getting old.

The graphics are crap. No idea what they were thinking! Still a beautiful new Busa though...
Agreed, new colours are horrible, waiting on the new version for sure.
Considering Suzuki waited 10 years to significantly update the Gen 1 (1998) to Gen II.(2008). I would not be holding my breath.
Unlike Kawasaki who try to improve every year, Suzuki worked hard to get the busa in pretty good shape before putting it to the public and if a colour scheme update is all that is needed to retain top billing, why would they puck it up?
Some small things could be improved of course but heck, it's the best value bike on the market as it is.

"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(23-01-2012, 08:04pm)BUSGO Wrote: Considering Suzuki waited 10 years to significantly update the Gen 1 (1998) to Gen II.(2008). I would not be holding my breath.
Unlike Kawasaki who try to improve every year, Suzuki worked hard to get the busa in pretty good shape before putting it to the public and if a colour scheme update is all that is needed to retain top billing, why would they puck it up?
Some small things could be improved of course but heck, it's the best value bike on the market as it is.

+1. But I hope they don't wait the 10yrs befor releasing the lll.
I cant for the life of me understand those horrendous mufflers. Surely with the technology available they could come up with something stock more aesthetically pleasing to the eye
Standard pipes are one of the first things I replace on a new bike anyway Pommie, so doesn't matter to me .
Found your post funny cos a lot of people dont find the whole bike "aesthetically pleasing" never mind the pipes Pi_tongue .

Me, i love'm Coolsmiley
Saw a new red in the flesh a couple weeks ago, very noice!
I do get the general feeling that the 2012 Busa is not going to make the World skip a heartbeat and sit up to be noticed. The era of Hayabusa supremacy is either regarded as over or at the very least, put to serious question. So yes, if Suzuki keeps the 08 Gen II model much the same except for colour scheme, that's like announcing loud and clear that playing 2nd fiddle is quite OK.
For me, my Busa will always have that extra bit of "Magic" which I don't find elsewhere, but new potential owners might not think that way, especially when they look in the direction of the S1000rr and the new ZX1400.
The 4 into 2 OEM (Busa) mufflers definitely make a monumental droopy impression, even though they sound quite silky and OK. If Suzuki simply brings in a proper 4 into 1 system as OEM(similar to the Akra full 4-1 system I put on mine) + better brakes and handling it would make a huge difference, but so far they seem totally disinterested which is a shame as it's relatively simple and it will gain 2 things.
Visual appeal and weight-loss. I think that if one is not actually striving to improve the product or oneself, you may as well give up altogether. Right now, I think the Busa is in danger of actually getting tossed out of the ball-park.
Perhaps Suzuki need some younger blood on the design team it looks as if the designers are old and want old looking graphics on the bike with plain colours on the bikes. They need people that want to think outside the square and flash them up make them bright and standout after all the biggest buyers are the youngens in the states and they flash them up to be bright and stand out. Only a thought because these 2012 ones dont stand out like a busa should.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Suzuki have not spent alot in GP, a few new bikes but nothing major. There either still being thrifty from the GFC, or they were close to going bust. If it wasnt for there great history of road bikei think they would be alot worse for wear. Let's just hope they come out firing soon...