Troppo rides the ZX14R
So in short, Kawasaki have only done what they NEED to do to bet the Busa... It's nice that they've done more than bump the cc's, but this will certainly be well and truly beaten by the next Busa. Bring on the Gen3! Nice report though Troppo. Shame they didn't do more...
(14-02-2012, 03:45pm)BEAU Wrote: So in short, Kawasaki have only done what they NEED to do to bet the Busa... It's nice that they've done more than bump the cc's, but this will certainly be well and truly beaten by the next Busa. Bring on the Gen3! Nice report though Troppo. Shame they didn't do more...

+1 Pi_thumbsup Clap

I've been up that hill to Kuranda....but alas, I was in a hire car...cursing continuously the whole time (....because I wasn't on the busa)!! Frown

Unfortunately, I've also never had an opportunity to ride any year model ZX, let alone this latest one....

All I can go on at this stage is the visual aspect Nerd of this obviously worthy competitor of the mighty busa.......and for me, personally.....I just can't work out the ideology behind why Mr Kawasaki feels the need to install venetian blinds on a motorbike?!? Confused

But this competition is great, in the sense that it will ultimately force Suzuki to bring the gen3 Busa to life maybe just a little bit earlier than they previously anticipated..... [shhhhhhhhh.....I can hear a giant monster awakening] YeeHaH!!!!! Yes
nice report but are you buying zx14r
see one today on parra rd with his girly on the it looks ok but big
wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
Thanks all.

The 14R is a great bike- a big improvement over the 14, but I will keep my Busa.

I have the Bus set up just the way I like it, and it actually feels a bit smaller than the 14.

Very interested to see what Mr. Suzuki comes up with.
Thanks Mr Troppo.

An interesting read.
Good read Troppo out of interest what tyres come standard on the ZX as a the Busa does tip in a lot better with different tyres on like the Michelin.

I'm currently running the Avons and reckon there in between the Michelin and the Bridgestone for the way they feel when you tip the bike in but I know I'ts very noticeable with the Michelins on the bike.
Very good writeup Troppo. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like quite a good ride but a real shame Kawasaki can't get their space shuttle to look a bit better.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Great unbiased report.. Unfortunatly for Kawasaki I could never own one.. Best Kwaka I ever owned and would own again was a 2 stroke and for its day at least looked ok. Handled like a pig though but back then anything with 2 wheels was the same unless made in Italy.
(14-02-2012, 05:39pm)Rev004 Wrote: Good read Troppo out of interest what tyres come standard on the ZX as a the Busa does tip in a lot better with different tyres on like the Michelin.

Sorry mate - not sure. But they are a BIG improvement over the rubber on the Gen 1 ZX....

I have pilot power 2CT on my Bus - they are great.
Good write-up Troppo, thanks for the read and the share. I have little love for Kumandsuckmes but they sound like they're kicking goals with this baby. C'mon Zook, give us an improvement over the current package, it must be time!!!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Might be the biggest, baddest, but its also the ugliest bike i've ever seen.
In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
Napoleon Bonaparte .
Interesting reading Troppo & thanks for sharing mate Pi_thumbsup

Regarding "Living with it" wouldn't that be personal choice & your size ?

If in fact it is a better bike (opinions will vary ) it's taking long enough to haul in the mighty Busa !!
Say's it all how good the Suzuki is hey Trophy

Competition is good , healthy & expected Very Happy
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
(16-02-2012, 08:43am)redkatana Wrote: Might be the biggest, baddest, but its also the ugliest bike i've ever seen.
+1 FUGLY ,exhaust looks like it's out of a cartoon and as Bazman said why the ugly venetians.

"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Black looks nice , I have to admit it has grown on me Scary

In the past I've never liked Kawasaki's gearboxes , clunky as Pi_freak

[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]