BKing or Bus
It's been raining non stop up here, so here's a worthwhile question which will pass the time, especially if people who have both BKing and Busa chime in.
Recently in the MT Mag, the Bking was considered above the Busa for possible " top ten Collectable" status at no. 10. I am wondering what everyone (on this forum) thought, before they parted with their money. Did anyone really consider the B King seriously? What was it that made you chose one way or the other.
For me, I know the BK is considered to be "way out there" and there is a certain attractiveness in the raw vulgarity (if I may be so rude) to it's bulk and shape. However the Bus suited me like a glove and I thought it to be more sexy.
Interestingly, BK owners seem to hate Busa's. The case of the jealous, ugly twin perhaps? There's probably not a lot in it up to 260kph. What do you think?
FP
The BKink std is a little more fun... Wheelies a lot more,

Of course when flashing and tuning them, they will be the same!
I really like the BKing, its so different.. (Except the bloody pipes..... But then I hate the busa's pips too)

Of Course there is no wind protection, which is a factor on a bike that is capable of stupid speed..
And I found that on the freeway here in perth, she didn't like to cruze at 100, the wind would blow us all over the place, but she was stable as excellerating, even just a little..

Just me thoughts!

Axe
I've had 2 faired Gen1's, still have a naked Gen1,
have one of the 1st B-Kings in AU, hope to have
a faired Gen2 next.

B-Kings are fun. Motor is 100% Busa, any minor restrictions
are external, pipe, airbox, ECU.

B-King is slightly heavier and longer than a Busa,
but its really not that noticeable.

I was running regular 10.3's on a Busa, full height,
mirrors, 40psi tyre, no burnout. I ran a similar 10.3
within the 1st few run's on the B-King.

Naked bikes dont bother me. Its what i've always had.
Happy to chase sportsbikes or do 2000k weekends.

The pipes are an easy fix.
Staintune, Yoshi, Two brothers, loads of options.

Tank side pods can be changed but the options arent that great.

Down side?

**Not much leg room under the tank for long legs.
Buell pegs help but I didnt want lower pegs.

**Fuel tank is only 16.5ltr. Not great when your
pushing hard, miss the Busa's bit extra.

**Awful for pillions. No grab rail, seats not great,
bodywork makes it hard for them to grip with their legs.

Shredder would be a good one to ask.
He has had both for a while,
and put in more k's and rides harder than most.
Tony could not have said it better and I have/love both but the king is a little special.
and some more
OK, I guess the CULT status of the BK is confirmed!
In the way of the Diavel and the Vmax, the BK is certainly unique!
Is it true that the 2012"Final Edition" BK is upon us, or it it just the closing and opening of a new chapter?
Also, I like the preconceived and manufactured Suzuki Virus 1000,
which though currently presented/made in Switzerland, may well be the GSR 1000 of next year, that is the logical extension to the GSR 750.
It's certainly a bike I could get very interested in...
(26-02-2012, 12:09pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: OK, I guess the CULT status of the BK is confirmed!
In the way of the Diavel and the Vmax, the BK is certainly unique!
Is it true that the 2012"Final Edition" BK is upon us, or it it just the closing and opening of a new chapter?
Also, I like the preconceived and manufactured Suzuki Virus 1000,
which though currently presented/made in Switzerland, may well be the GSR 1000 of next year, that is the logical extension to the GSR 750.
It's certainly a bike I could get very interested in...

IMO it looks like the Z1000 and I don't think Suzuki will come out with anything different when it comes down to the King for 2012...if they even put one out that is

I have owned both - BK first.

BK pros:

Much, much more comfortable
Front brakes are MUCH better.
Dash is interesting.

BK negatives:

Looks bloody ugly
Small tank
Small pillion seat (no prob for me)
Stock, the Busa goes harder - yes, it does. Only slightly, but it does.
Busa induction roar sounds nicer (bigger airbox?)
Poor mapping in 4th gear noticeable - my Busa is smooth in 4th, no problem.

I just never bonded with the B-King, whereas I love my Busa.

No regrets about mine.
Had a lot of fun with it.

[Image: hf1b.jpg]

[Image: hf2lr.jpg]

[Image: hf3b.jpg]
...or ask Shawn Giles....

[Image: amcnbk.jpg]
.... or one of my favorite Bike Trader ad's.....

[Image: demoking.jpg]
(26-02-2012, 12:09pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: In the way of the Diavel and the Vmax, the BK is certainly unique!

Its funny that the B-King is often grouped with the Diavel,
V-Max etc. Sometimes even the 109 or the V-Rod.

The B-King is the only one running chain drive,
sportsbike size wheels and tyres, radial brakes, etc.

It is what it is. Very much in a class of its own other than the
BMW K1300R if you dont mind its shaft and forks.

I love mine ! I don't own a Busa but have ridden both the Gen 1 and 2 ,but for me , it's the B King. I just like naked bikes . Arms and neck muscles get a work out at times.
Yes the fuel tank capacity can be a worry but I did manage to do the trip to Cairns and Cooktown with the rest of the Busas last year . Apart from that it's got everything for me. And mine is solo rego so I don't have to worry about pillians.
I've done 900 - 1000k days no worries. Mine had a little "accident " last year but Pete's Pitstop put it back together for me , mainly plastics.
Mine's got Yoshy pipes ,a ECU fllash from Pete , a gel seat insert from Big Kev and pretty stock after that.
Bought mine s/h from Adelaide with 800k on the clock and now have 36,000k.
They were expensive from new but good buying second hand ..... have a look now and see how many s/h ones for sale .Drool