Michellin HPX
I'm after some feedback about Michellin HPX tyres.First and foremost in the grip dept',how do they compare with Bridgestone and Dunlop brands.I have found the Bridgestone to be the best so far,the Dunlop come close but don't seem to be quite as sticky,i.e. they spin up a bit more readily.The local Suzuki dealer reckons that the Michellin tyres are great but I am always reluctant to change tyre brands(the devil you know!).Please advise.

Regards Graeme! <i></i>
Love my Pirellis. Can't comment on the Michellin. In fact, don't know anyone running the new Michellin (a few swear by the old pilots, though). <i></i>
I run the mich and find the grip from them is pretty good.
And as i do a few miles im finding I get good life out of them.At the moment the back is up around the 10thou
I think or pretty close. <i></i>
Jamie,
Are you running a Pilot Sport?
I am due for a rear tyre have just clocked 6000 k on the Bridgstone.
Chris <i></i>
I think the Bridgestones are the best allround tyre, getting between 5,000 and 8,000 from them, but have just put on a Michy on the back as no bridgestones available and have 3,000 on so for including track day at Wanneroo.
looks like it will wear well and not to slippery.
Bridgestone is the most stable in hyperdrive(300,s) <i></i>
Well team Ive had my new Busa for 4 weeks and I'm really peeling the reat tyre, I have measured the tyre from new and have chopped 30% of the rubber in 1800 Kms?, is this somthing to expect?. This will cut into my drinking money in a big way...!! <i></i>
Cruisers (including myself) seem to get 8000-9000, and more aggresive riders seem to get 4000-5000, or even less... <i></i>
Skuzzbutt.........

GET USED TO IT !!!!...... It will only get WORSE

<i></i>
When I was running in my first Busa engine and being gentle on the road due to un-familiar bike, I only got 6000km out of BT56R rear tyre! Imagine putting new tyre on and fanging it straight away?! ....& then try a track day and look at tyre!! he-he-he
<i></i>
I just put two HPX 's on.

It appears J spec Bridgie 010 are not available here ?

Only J spec tyre was the HPX.

Is this of particular concern or only if you commute to work above 300 kph ?

The standard 010 was on the bike when I got it along with the oem Bridgestone front. Nice grip (even at the drags) but did not roll in that nicely towards the end of its life. Probably my fault for wearing out the middle

Will post any comments when I have put some km's on it

cya
Mal <i></i>
This is my second Busa, & I'm running the Pilot HPX which seems pretty good,although winter in Canberra doesnt provide a lot of traction so I havent really pushed them. I did get to push the standard Pilots on my first Busa though, & while they slid about more than BT010's, they lasted twice as long as the 010's (6000K's not 3000) & I liked their neutral steering. They dont seem to get ripped up as bad as other tyres on the Busa but still have adequate grip. I can tell you more about the HPX as it gets warmer here. My favorite tyre so far is the D207RR, just brilliant on my SP1, but I think a Busa would eat it way too quick as it only lasted 2000K on the SP. Maybe good for a track day though.
Bill
<i></i>
I've done about 1000 klm with the HPX. Very happy with it. Would not go back to a Bridgestone now. I can't wait to get rid of the front Bridgestone. (Just can't afford to throw a tyre with tread away) Will try a Perelli next. I'll let you know how many klms I get out of the rear HPX. I got 6500 klms out of the Bridgestone. (Fast touring)
Regards Phil. <i></i>
Averaging 11000 klms of touring out of the rear HPX. (3rd still on bike) Gotta be happy with that!
The front scrubs out the right side real bad, real quick. A few of us have noticed this. The old Bridbestone would last up to 20000 klms. (And still be roadworthy) Some of the HPXs have to be thrown away at 8000 klms. (Although I've got 14000 klms on mine and still going. Sort of!)
Is there anyone else out there not happy with front HPXs???
Keep in mind I commute 160 klms a day out in the country.
I'd be changing ulta sticky tyres ever month. (If I could afford it!)
Cheers, Phil. Riding not buying shares in tyre companies! <i></i>
Shit Phil,how do you get 11000kms out of a HPX??? When i first got the busa it had a new HPX on the rear and lasted about 4000kms and that included the first month when i took it easy getting used to the bike!I get about 6-7000 out of the bridgie 020 which i thought was good! Maybe you are riding so fast that your wheels dont touch the ground cheers Rod,riding and wearing out tyres. <i></i>
Maybe he's like me and runs em till they're squared off and baldy and so bad that they don't tip into turns whatsoever and then uses em for another 2 or 3 thou then changes em.

Viking <i></i>