This is bad
Probably un Australian at the least, but police getting public to turn on each other ??? and who is going to monitor the Couriers as we all know they are perfect motorists

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012...-news.html

COURIERS will become police spies in a bid to lower the road toll.

About 700 Gold Coast couriers will report to police every second day on bad driving they have witnessed.

The state's road toll for 2012 is already 42 -- 10 higher than at the same time last year.

Ron Nightingale is acting president of the recently reinstated Independent Drivers Association and sees the worst while driving 12 hours a day, six days a week.
Have your say on the feedback form below

Mr Nightingale, who has been driving for 33 years, said tradies were the worst speeders and P-platers were the biggest hoons.

He said he saw many drunks stumble into their cars at Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach and Southport and drive home.

Mr Nightingale said couriers would report to police every second day when the trial started in a fortnight.

"With over 700 drivers on the Coast, hoons, speeders and drunks may be able to keep an eye on where police vehicles are but they can't avoid us," he said.

"We believe it's about time someone showed the way to stop the road deaths and accidents on our roads."

Mr Nightingale said safety wasa priority for couriers so they could go home to their families each night.
Your Say

"If I was a courier working on the coast I'd be asking the boss for danger money and the cops for a tazer after this idiocy."
Uncle Humpy

"The roads of Queensland are our workplace and we want to make our workplace safe so we will use our numbers to do that, for all drivers," he said.

"We just want to get home to our wives, sweethearts and families every night and not worry about the fools that put their lives at risk for cheap risks every day.

"We've been called the white-van army, here to make the roads safer."

Acting Gold Coast Superintendent Glenn Allen said police often relied on information from the public.

"Those sort of people, like taxi drivers, bus drivers and even truck drivers, often report incidents and are a great help," he said.

"Another set of eyes and ears will be great, as long as they can provide the right information."

He said police would need details such as car registration, make and model, time, direction of travel and a description of the driver.
What a completely retarded idea.
For starters the courriers are the WORST for chatting on mobiles, reading maps, eating maccas etc while driving.
Can't see any of it standing up in court.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
....any courier driver that takes this sort of work on for NO PAY >>> is a fool! Idiot2 Pi_tongue Idiot2
and I bet they wont embellish what they have "witnessed" either
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
hahaha couriers are the worst drivers ever!!! thats like asking alcoholics to report on breaches of responsible service at a bar hahaha
Regards

Dan
(06-03-2012, 11:10am)Buhjones Wrote: What a completely retarded idea.
For starters the courriers are the WORST for chatting on mobiles, reading maps, eating maccas etc while driving.
Can't see any of it standing up in court.

I agree Pi_thumbsup

How can they take there word for it - just stupid Idiot2

[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
[quote='Pommie' pid='261834' dateline='1330995003']
Probably un Australian at the least, but police getting public to turn on each other ??? and who is going to monitor the Couriers as we all know they are perfect motorists

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012...-news.html

COURIERS will become police spies in a bid to lower the road toll.

About 700 Gold Coast couriers will report to police every second day on bad driving they have witnessed. (Quote)

Dobbing bastards most of them could not push a shopping trolley, yet given the right to judge others driving?
OMG - let's just give swift and shift a badge
[Image: 354]
[Image: 27535_125512297482400_7285_n.jpg]TOASTY!
I doubt couriers will be booking anyone, exactly what reporting bad driving they have seen 2 days after the event is going to achieve I have no idea :P I think its all smoke and mirrors....
In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
Napoleon Bonaparte .
(07-03-2012, 03:03pm)redkatana Wrote: I doubt couriers will be booking anyone, exactly what reporting bad driving they have seen 2 days after the event is going to achieve I have no idea :P I think its all smoke and mirrors....

Pi_thumbsup