hoons will lose their vehicles forever
(05-03-2012, 08:37pm)jamdonut Wrote: Bizket,

What do you mean doing 113km/h in a 60km/h zone with no roadworks in progress. and getting booked. If you took photos and proved there were no roadworks in progress and took it to the papers and showed this in court , this would not of stood a chance in the wigs room. Sounds very wrong to be booked when there is no road works.

In Vic if 60 work signs are up work or no work thats the speed
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(05-03-2012, 08:00pm)jamdonut Wrote: You are exactly right, the cash cow, it runs society, from Maccas poisoning our kids to taxes for nothing done. It has always been written in plain writing that goverment and politics should never influence policing.... look it up it its there.... a load of crap.

Gillards partner 4 times over the limit and living at our expense at government house, biggest blind eye I have ever seen. When police reduce crime they have to justify themselves and staff numbers in other ways. Introducing the easiest way, the cash cow - traffic policing to bring up revenue and statistics for their station, very few people do 60km/h in a 60km/h zone otherwise they are driving too slow with the rest of the cars, good way to make money for exceeding the speed limit.

Now.... when you have some modifications without an engineers certificate and you get pulled over, maybe for even speeding a little the cash cow likes to milk you....

Vespas are now getting cheaper with the overseas competition, if you ride one your chances of speeding and defects are non existant. Looks like the way we are heading.

Only for now soon you will be able to loose your licence easy on a vesper.
I had a mate a while back who worked in the top ind of the rta. apparently on big holiday weekends it is common practice to set up strategic roadworks for no reason but to "manage traffic flow" but with no intention of doing any work. Then at the end of the peak period they just pull down the signs. I am sure vicroads play the same game. What I really don,t get about the hoon rules is how they claim it is a safety measure but then fail to to use any safety analysis in their definitions.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
Doing do-nuts and burnouts/street racing in the middle of Surfer's Paradise, Brighton or St Kilda would be considered "Hooning" and anti-social. Not in the public's best interests. That is granted. They also do just that in Parliament every day! Gangs peddling drugs on motorcycles and calling themselves this and that already have laws which deal with these and policing ought to be about using Intelligence as to where and how it's happening, much like the Custom and Drug Detection squads.
However, what we are seeing is that increasingly, ALL major expressways will be tolled and all minor roads leading off them and onto them will have radar revenue collection, so wherever you go, the State has a hand in your wallet. In some tunnels, there could be up to 6 or 10 radar revenue collection points, which mean that at the end of the tunnel, it's quite possible to have your licence and car/bike impounded, taken away and crushed!
Have you ever tried to drive from Brisbane to Melbourne and successfully avoid going on a tollway? It's harder than you think and impossible if not aware of the spots (exactly) where there is
"no return".
There is the Fuel Tax, plus all kinds of other taxes which are not called taxes, at the pump. Then when you buy tyres, chains, service and Insurance, there is the GST. So as soon as you press that starter button, you start paying except unlike poker machines, this is 100% going ONE WAY, which is away from your wallet. Give up and just want to sit down at home and have a cup of coffee? There's Water and Electricity Tax!
I don't see the Carpet Bagger Wilke saying a single word about THAT!
(05-03-2012, 10:01am)Rev004 Wrote: Well this is one of those discussions that makes the blood boil because there has to be a difference between straight out speeding and hooning and it would be good to see someone take these guys on in a court of law..
Just because someone is doing 45kmh over the speed limit doesn't mean that they are Hooning and when it's all said and done by todays standards is very easily done by 90% of vehicles that are built these days I honestly think that they have got and definition wrong in regards to what Hooning really is.......

For example if someone is out on the hwy somewhere in the middle if no where and they are sitting on say 160kmh minding there own business how can this be deemed as Hooning to me this is speeding....

If someone is tangled up in street drag racing or doing burn outs etc in built up areas or an illegal organised street event then chuck the book at them there is a time and place for everything. I honestly thought that the Hooning Law was brought in to get on top of all the street racing and get the general running a muck under control which in some respects I agree with, as some of the actions of a group of individuals these days is a lot to be desired and as usual everyone is being tarred with the same brush.

What is wrong with the generation that is coming through these days when I was younger if we wanted to do anything that would be deemed as Hooning we always headed bush away from the general public & built up areas so we wouldn't draw attention to ourselves but not these days lets show everyone how big a of a hero I am..

As I mentioned before there is a difference between Hooning and Straight Out Speeding and I would like to see the laws changed to reflect this but I don't like the chances of that happening..

Very well said mate Pi_thumbsupClap
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]

Have you ever tried to drive from Brisbane to Melbourne and successfully avoid going on a tollway? It's harder than you think and impossible if not aware of the spots (exactly) where there is
"no return".

[/quote]

Actually I think it is un Australian to have toll Roads Just as well I am in the West.