Advice wanted from the tuning guru's
Noticed in the past 2 weeks my Busa has developed what I can only describe as an 'oscillating sound' in 5th gear only, and seems to be irreleveant to rpm but most evident when holding the throttle at a constant position. Still runs smooth and performs well in 5th, but I can hear somethings just not right.

I'm using ecueditor, and it'll be weeks before I can get on a dyno but thought someone might know what I'm talking about and can offer some advice.

Cheers, BB
Peter is away, I think, and he would be the best guy to talk to. You could try flashing the ECU with the standard map for your year model and see if it helps. That would not f%7ck anything up unless you had a modified maps from when Peter did the flash (just guessing that you had this done). It is possible that somehow the 5th gear map got corrupted somehow. (I am assuming you have the map switching enabled) I have few base maps for Australian models but have not tried them yet as I am still green and just learning it.

Oh, maybe Maj could help as well. I think he is into it a lot further than I.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Yeah, I'm going to load my base map back in and see what the result is. I did the tune myself on trial and error but really do need to get the bike on a dyno.
I'm still learning this stuff too, so would be great if someone like Maj could take a look. Unfortunately Pete is too far away for me, and no one
with a dyno in the Melbourne area seem to know anything about ecueditor.

It sounds almost like your IAP settings are lean and it's hunting in light throttle condition. Without any A/F readings you could chase you tail forever.
Contact Maj and if he has time would sort it for you no risk. Pi_thumbsup

Many of the tuners either don't want to learn flashing or are to busy making money out of selling pc's and other aftermarket devices that arn't half as good .....sadly
(18-03-2012, 08:40am)fasterfaster Wrote: It sounds almost like your IAP settings are lean and it's hunting in light throttle condition. Without any A/F readings you could chase you tail forever.
Contact Maj and if he has time would sort it for you no risk. Pi_thumbsup

Many of the tuners either don't want to learn flashing or are to busy making money out of selling pc's and other aftermarket devices that arn't half as good .....sadly

Thanks PetePi_thumbsup You're right about chasing my tail forever without an AF reading. I reckon I'm close, but no cigar yet.
Just sent a pm to Maj, so hopefuly he is able to have a look for me.

Cheers, BB