Paddock stand advice
My gen 1 didn't come with a centre stand. Am looking to buy a paddock stand but there seem to be a thousand different models available. Any advice on price, size, model, what to avoid etc would be appreciated. The bike already has the lugs.
Cheers
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
http://www.kaneg.com.au/categories/Rear-Stand/
Quite a few of us use the stands from Kaneg and Peter always looks after AHC members.

Instead of just getting a rear, have a look at his combo's of front and rear for $175 delivered.
http://www.kaneg.com.au/categories/Combos/
I was in that situation myself a while ago. Had a look at few, tried some and then made my own as I didn't like the flimsiness and crap workmanship on most of them. Most excuses were "it is made for the price" (???) whatever the f*^ck that means. I made them wider and strong enough so I can seat on the bike without worry about braking it or tipping it over. Used 3 wheels so I can move the bike around or push it sideways if needed.

Just mine 5 cents of wisdom Lol3
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(19-03-2012, 09:10pm)Shifu Wrote: I was in that situation myself a while ago. Had a look at few, tried some and then made my own as I didn't like the flimsiness and crap workmanship on most of them. Most excuses were "it is made for the price" (???) whatever the f*^ck that means. I made them wider and strong enough so I can seat on the bike without worry about braking it or tipping it over. Used 3 wheels so I can move the bike around or push it sideways if needed.

Have u got a picture Andrew?
(19-03-2012, 08:56pm)BikerBoy Wrote: http://www.kaneg.com.au/categories/Rear-Stand/
Quite a few of us use the stands from Kaneg and Peter always looks after AHC members.

Instead of just getting a rear, have a look at his combo's of front and rear for $175 delivered.
http://www.kaneg.com.au/categories/Combos/

+ 1
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

(19-03-2012, 09:53pm)06BUSA Wrote:
(19-03-2012, 09:10pm)Shifu Wrote: I was in that situation myself a while ago. Had a look at few, tried some and then made my own as I didn't like the flimsiness and crap workmanship on most of them. Most excuses were "it is made for the price" (???) whatever the f*^ck that means. I made them wider and strong enough so I can seat on the bike without worry about braking it or tipping it over. Used 3 wheels so I can move the bike around or push it sideways if needed.

Not a great one but I hope this wil give you an idea:

That bag of soil is not a part of it Lol3 just added to stop lifting it as the front wheel and forks are out and the whole bike is just supported on a jack Scary

You can see the swivel wheel there. Sorry for the quality of it. I am working now on the refined SS version as few of my mates want it as well. And the front ones to make a set. Will post pics once finished.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like a set of kanegs is my best option.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
I've got three sets of Kanegs, one of each of my bikes (not sure HOW, I think I might have 'acquired' the last set), they are great. My legs are too short for me to be able to cleanly climb onto the tracky, so I climb on it on the rear stand and have to get pushed off. Never had a problem with a bike slipping, regardless of which bike it is.

You get a discount from Peter if you say you are part of the busa club. He is a LOVELY man, and the stands will be at your door in less than three days. The service is incredible with that bloke.
(19-03-2012, 09:53pm)06BUSA Wrote:

And can you make us some free sets thanks Very Happy
(20-03-2012, 06:44am)Buhjones Wrote: Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like a set of kanegs is my best option.

use the words
Quote:HAYABUSACLUBVC
in your order to receive club discount Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com