Yoshimura R77 Slip Ons
I am considering a pair of yoshi R77 slip on's for my Busa, and understand the different appearances (SS, Carb fib, Tit etc), then i noticed there are different types ie:
- Some are available with removable noise baffles
- Others are EPA approved (for USA i'm guessing).
Has anyone saw any comparisons between Power curve of both, and are they much quieter (The EPA type claim 80 dB, but i believe that is around idle). The standard pipes are below 91 dB around mid 4,000 rpm
I'm leaning towards the EPA type cans due to the annoying buzzing in my ear (too much workshop noise in the past).

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Biker
The voices in my head may not be real, but they come up with some dam good ideas!Scary
I've got yoshi tri-ovals on my K6. Used to run it without the baffles.

Then I pick up some "low volume inserts" (baffles) from the USA. I don't know what the figures are but it actually feels better with these things in.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Jock,
The R77 Slip on's in Stainless with carbon fibre end caps used to always come with db killers that were removable, but my last pair came without them. They were identical in all other respects. In all honesty the 77s without db killers are NOT loud but just a pleasant background rumble and a sweet roar under acceleration.
Some bike colours look better with the carbon fibre casing. EG. any of the white or gold busas. In Black, Red or Blue, I reckon that the stainless with carbon end caps are the go.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Wrong Busgo....carbon with stainless endcaps (unbiased opinion of course).
I bought a set of Yoshimura R77 S/Steel slip ons from the US cost me about $700 to the door. I tried them without the inserts but I found they droned too much for my liking.
lol.... everyone has their opinion of course. No two busas should be allowed to be the same!
Regards BUSGO
Thanks everyone for your feedback (and of course your humour). It looks like I will be placing an order for the stainless / Carbon fibre ends to suit my Busa (it goes without saying...every Busa should be BLACK!).
The voices in my head may not be real, but they come up with some dam good ideas!Scary
Happy with mine, they are pretty quiet actually.

[Image: 6828233501_a464534fba_b.jpg]

[Image: 6828233709_c0776e758a_b.jpg]
(22-03-2012, 02:10pm)pashnit Wrote: Happy with mine, they are pretty quiet actually.

[Image: 6828233501_a464534fba_b.jpg]

[Image: 6828233709_c0776e758a_b.jpg]
Very nice, i placed an order today for mine. Hopefully i will be able to walk without crutches (torn calf muscle) Violinwhen they arrive!
SIGHHHH Blue/Black K8 ----- Had one of these with those pipes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Regards BUSGO
And you went and sold her Busgo!!!!! Onto "greener" pastures with the Trumpy?
Mybe a silly question but...

If you get a set of slip ons do you need to get the bike re-tuned?
I would like to get some of the carbon r77 slip ons but don't have the cash to spend having new mapping/jets etc.
If I get new pipes will the bike run crap until I do get it tuned?

OK 2 questions.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
(16-04-2012, 05:38pm)Buhjones Wrote: Mybe a silly question but...

If you get a set of slip ons do you need to get the bike re-tuned?
I would like to get some of the carbon r77 slip ons but don't have the cash to spend having new mapping/jets etc.
If I get new pipes will the bike run crap until I do get it tuned?

OK 2 questions.

My first mod was to put R77 SS/carbon fibre ends with no DB's and the bike runs perfect with no remapping or tuning.
BUSA there is no Substitute
I agree with Lucky 85. My k8 ran better, smoother and had much more torque with just the slip ons and no electrical changes.
I stuck to 98 octane fuel though and economy stayed the same.

@ CeeJay. The Triumph has gone to a new home and I am now jockeying a VFR.
Regards BUSGO
Thanks folks

Sounds like I can upgrade the cans, get a bit more grunt and not have to mortgage my grandmother in the process.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary