Rear fender 09
Well after a few months looking I now have a serious contender as a replacement for my trashed 06. Its an 09 low mileage but it has one problem that I can see from the pic...will be going to see it tomorrow in the flesh...The rear fender has been removed to just under the tail light and, as this bike will have to go over the pits once I relocate, it needs to be legal. I looked on Ron Ayers site at the tail section and it appears the final bit that hangs over the rear wheel is a removable section...anyone here confirm this?

I want to use this as a bargaining point...probably will need new rubber too so I expect to drop their price by $500:00 or so (hopefully)

Thanks guys

Steve
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
The rear fender section is 4 bolts and an easy remove/install (10 minutes tops). A suggestion if your going for a rwc would be to borrow one from a member.
If you were a local to me, I'd lend you mine no probs. I've done it for another member here before.

As a bargaining point, I wouldn't say it would give you much leverage....but still worth a mention that it isn't legal and you'll have to fix it.
Cheers for that BB...I would point out to them that fitting it would be an hours work...if I got it done elsewhere...$38:00 from Ron Ayers for the part +labour...I also exect they would do a deal if I asked them to fit two new good tyres and paid the asking price...after all they don't pay what they charge for the things so they would be in front more if its done that way.

Anyway I am quiet prepared to walk away from it should they refuse to budge on price. As for the fender I am moving to Tasmania from WA and the bike will have to be street legal for the re-registration inspection.
If you ask he will proberly have it in his shed Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Bike turned out to be a year older than advertised by a well known WA stealer. I ended up turning it down and he got shitty coz I realised it was a dodge. What is a fair price for an 08?....I have one more to look at and he wants 14 grand....seems a bit steep for a four year old bike...albeit with very low mileage also I really didnt want to go earlier than an 09
(01-05-2012, 01:18pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Bike turned out to be a year older than advertised by a well known WA stealer. I ended up turning it down and he got shitty coz I realised it was a dodge. What is a fair price for an 08?....I have one more to look at and he wants 14 grand....seems a bit steep for a four year old bike...albeit with very low mileage also I really didnt want to go earlier than an 09

PFFFFT Idiot2
There's my 2 cents worth Steve.
I bought a BRAND NEW 2011 Blue, 0 Kms, 12 months Reg, and my first service FREE......... $16000
Just do your homework, i wouldn't blow that kind cash especially if it's going to cost you more to get it legally roadworthy again.......
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Black 2010 for $14,500 probably get it for $14,000...14thou on the clock
(01-05-2012, 04:37pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Black 2010 for $14,500 probably get it for $14,000...14thou on the clock

Hey Steve check out the Busa on the website below, it's says it's an 07 but it looks like a GenII to me for $9900.. I can't see anyone going to all that trouble to put GenII Gear on a GenI

http://www.adrenalinpb.com.au/current_stock.asp

Rev004

It would be an '08 built in '07 so will say '07 on the ID plate.

Mines a '12, but was built late '11.
There a few gen 2 around for under 10k if you look hard
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Thanks guys Rod I havn't seen any of those in WA and one I did see had been sold six months earlirr but was still being advertised....looking at a sweet 2010 today and am willing to pay that little bit more for a low mileage late model.
Well the 2010 turned up but had damage down one side from a drop in the garage. I knocked it back but he told me about one exactly the same year and colour at Mack1...went to see and ride it bought it.....5000 klms on the clock, crisp condition... $13,490 with a $200:00 jacket thrown in to boot......whoo hoo!
Clap as the old saying goes "all good things come to those who ........go through pain in the ass after pain the ass, get missled a couple of times and then out of the blue a shit hot deal falls in their lap" Lol3

congrats on the new Busa Pi_thumbsup
(02-05-2012, 07:44pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Well the 2010 turned up but had damage down one side from a drop in the garage. I knocked it back but he told me about one exactly the same year and colour at Mack1...went to see and ride it bought it.....5000 klms on the clock, crisp condition... $13,490 with a $200:00 jacket thrown in to boot......whoo hoo!

U gonna post some pics of the new bike?
When I get around to it...had to change out the missus's alternator on her Hyudai yesterday...took all bloody day...stupid cars... I am currently figuring out how to make up my own rad guard for the new busa and will not be doing any country runs until this is done....need to get a couple of spools too...old ones got left on my wrecked 06 as did the knock off pazzo's and 2 Bros cans. Am currently leaning towards a couple of Yoshi R77 slip ons. Will take pics soon and post but basically it is a 2010 black with red decals in immaculate bog standard condition.