info for Victorian riders
Hi all,

Some info that Victorian riders may find useful.

The Shell servo's (and KFC's) at the city side of the Westgate Bridge are closed. Not sure if they will be re-opened.
So if that was your meeting place for a ride, you'll probably want to find another place. (There's a servo on Williamstown rd on the other side of the bridge).

Also the police are going to be running highway patrol cars on the Eastern and South Eastern freeways 24 hours a day in a bid to reduce speeding etc.. They're not just targeting bikes, but they will be looking at lane splitting.

I ride the eastern each day and have already noticed an increase in police.
I went to that servo just a cupple of days ago and yep, totally closed shop. The kfc's I could see not doing great but the westgate servo...must be doing one up at a time I'd say. Thanks for the freeway tip to since I ride all over melb every week for work.
I've also noticed a motorcycle cop over the past 2 months pulling over bikes for lane splitting on the Westerport hwy and Monash fwy.
Only seems to be the riders that do it while traffic is slow but moving, and ignores the ones that creep through in stopped traffic.
Shy 
It's not illegal to lane split through stopped traffic.
Janelle used to use them two servos but there was a sign put up saying they were closing down
lease was proberly up and land is probaly worth more than a couple of servos and kfc Pi_thumbsdown
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Just got back from city the one on the inbound to the city has new signs going up United fuel nothing on the outwards side
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Outbound is now open as a United servo.

Inbound is still being refurbished.