Hot bodies exhaust
Ok guys its time to think about replacements for the twin cannons sitting out the back of my new bike. I am leaning towards a set of hot bodies GP replica megaphones and wondered if anyone here had fitted some. They are the short ones that finnish just after the rider pegs and are remarkably quiet for such short pipes.

I will be asking the seller about tuning and the like but there is nothing in the sales pitch that states you need do anything more than fit them and ride off into the sunset. I suspect it would be a mistake to assume nothing else needs doing and have a fall back position of the Yoshimura R77 slipons. Neither set of pipes require the cat or oxygen sensor to be removed so I am hoping the sales blurb is correct.

I do have an original set of gen1 pipes that I am going to cut up and experiment with...anyone do this??

Thanks for any help.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(10-05-2012, 12:50pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: I do have an original set of gen1 pipes that I am going to cut up and experiment with...anyone do this??

Thanks for any help.

I've seen that done with Gen II pipes. If it wasn't here, then it was on one of the US Busa sites. He shortened them and it improved (???) the look somewhat.

Go R77........
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Yeah Ian I took another looksee on the web and the Hot bodies suggest a remap of the fuel maps so it looks like the R77's are the way to go....now all I need to do is choose between carbon fibre or ss....the black suits the bike better but I do like the shiny ones!...we will have to go for a spin sometime soon hey?
I have _read_ that the hotbodies slip ons are...very bad. Loss in power, horrible note. Just take the cannons off and ride like that, and pocket the ton you would have wasted.
I was saving for R77 Carbon duals for my Gen2, picked up a set of DanMoto Carbon GP Shorty's for $63 on Ebay HAHAHA BARGAIN!
They are available from DanMoto direct on their website for $160 plus shipping.
Seriously, stock pipes MEGA HEAVY Pi_freak as we all know
New ones 4kg TOTAL

SOUNDS GREAT
LOOKS GREAT
STILL HAVE HEAPS OF DOSH FOR OTHER MODS :)
At this stage i am more than happy to just keep these :)

I will post a VID with audio and some pics of the pipes for you this arvo when i get back form work.

HD Video will be posted after next weekend's Drag racing too Drool
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Ok guys thanks for the input. I do like the short pipes ...its a personal thing I guess I am sort of over the racing can look but the R77s are quiet small so don't give the same look as the big cans.
There's also the R55 from Yoshi with a removable baffle - not sure if they make slip ons but the full system is supposed to be great. fasterfaster has/had one on his bike.
M4 retros are pretty cool slipons. That wicked green busa with the gsxr1000 tail had them fitted.

[Image: CIMG3684.jpg]
[Image: 08-Hayabusa-RetroTwin-black.jpg]

Just for looks though, nothing looks as good as brocks CT system - but a ridiculous price tag.

[Image: 08_Busa_CT_Dual_Titanium_Product_Zoom.jpg]
Actually the R55 looks great but it looks to be a single system and I wanted twin....also I don't think they do a slip on...will look into it.
(10-05-2012, 07:16pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Yeah Ian I took another looksee on the web and the Hot bodies suggest a remap of the fuel maps so it looks like the R77's are the way to go....now all I need to do is choose between carbon fibre or ss....the black suits the bike better but I do like the shiny ones!...we will have to go for a spin sometime soon hey?

I'll be back from the North on Tuesday, so maybe Friday? Can't do Thursday due to issues that the cook has with that day.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(13-05-2012, 10:47pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 07:16pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Yeah Ian I took another looksee on the web and the Hot bodies suggest a remap of the fuel maps so it looks like the R77's are the way to go....now all I need to do is choose between carbon fibre or ss....the black suits the bike better but I do like the shiny ones!...we will have to go for a spin sometime soon hey?

I'll be back from the North on Tuesday, so maybe Friday? Can't do Thursday due to issues that the cook has with that day.

'K'