Sayonara Hayabusa
(27-05-2012, 03:58pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote:
(26-05-2012, 02:01pm)cyndemgum Wrote: Hey mate, I have a gen2, a k61000 and a blackbird. Whilst the 1000 is the most fun and the blackbird is the most sensible, the gen2 is just brilliant. On real world roads light is not always best. For everyday use the gen 2 is far more user friendly compared to a litre bike or speed triple. All of my bikes are flogged and I do all of my own maintenance. I don't know how much 2 up riding you do but the busa is hard to beat for spirited 2 up stuff. If you really like the gen2 forget the depreciation factor and keep it. Paul.

I hear you man, but the fact is, my black mistress has left me. Gone. I do appreciate all her qualities which you mentioned, the kind that gets under your skin. However, I am quite a bit along the way, thinking that a GSXR 750 might suit me best and the 1000 is somewhere in between. It's about lightness and handling and not so much about sheer grunt and blistering acceleration, which Gen 2 had truckloads of. You are very lucky to be young enough to enjoy all of these with the road ahead long and fuss-free. It's quite different when you are in your 60's! I do very little to nil 2 up though I have pillioned madam on the back. She prefers a good book a comfy chair and a cup of tea at home. OK by me if I can get out of the house on my machine.
Shame you live a distance from me, you would be welcome to take the k6 1000 for a blast. You could pm steventh, he had a 60 km spin on the gixxer. If you have your heart set on a gixxer get the 1000. Only a fraction heavier than the 750 and massive grunt. Definately ride a k6 gixxer 1000. The seating position is the most user friendly. cbr1000 next then r1. The gsxr has a more old school riding position, in the bike rather than over it. A mate of mine track days his 05 r1 and is amazed by the power of the standard k6 1000. Hope this helps, Paul.

(27-05-2012, 04:25pm)cyndemgum Wrote:
(27-05-2012, 03:58pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote:
(26-05-2012, 02:01pm)cyndemgum Wrote: Hey mate, I have a gen2, a k61000 and a blackbird. Whilst the 1000 is the most fun and the blackbird is the most sensible, the gen2 is just brilliant. On real world roads light is not always best. For everyday use the gen 2 is far more user friendly compared to a litre bike or speed triple. All of my bikes are flogged and I do all of my own maintenance. I don't know how much 2 up riding you do but the busa is hard to beat for spirited 2 up stuff. If you really like the gen2 forget the depreciation factor and keep it. Paul.

I hear you man, but the fact is, my black mistress has left me. Gone. I do appreciate all her qualities which you mentioned, the kind that gets under your skin. However, I am quite a bit along the way, thinking that a GSXR 750 might suit me best and the 1000 is somewhere in between. It's about lightness and handling and not so much about sheer grunt and blistering acceleration, which Gen 2 had truckloads of. You are very lucky to be young enough to enjoy all of these with the road ahead long and fuss-free. It's quite different when you are in your 60's! I do very little to nil 2 up though I have pillioned madam on the back. She prefers a good book a comfy chair and a cup of tea at home. OK by me if I can get out of the house on my machine.
Shame you live a distance from me, you would be welcome to take the k6 1000 for a blast. You could pm steventh, he had a 60 km spin on the gixxer. If you have your heart set on a gixxer get the 1000. Only a fraction heavier than the 750 and massive grunt. Definately ride a k6 gixxer 1000. The seating position is the most user friendly. cbr1000 next then r1. The gsxr has a more old school riding position, in the bike rather than over it. A mate of mine track days his 05 r1 and is amazed by the power of the standard k6 1000. Hope this helps, Paul.

Well Paul, I might come to Melbourne just to take that up! You'll be sorry you made the offer! There are a couple for sale down there as well. Got to get more organized. Seriously, I will take the 06 Gixer1000 for a ride sometime. There are quite a few about up here but I suspect not all of them in buyable (read uncorrupted) state and I have to be ready (as well) to snap if I really see the one I must have too!
K5/6 look terrific and they have the gear indicator (I like) too which the 04's don't have. Having given away the pure grunt and power of the Busa, the issue (now) is really how easy my next bike is to live with and how great the handling it will be for me to enjoy daily without necessarily tearing up the tarmac.
I am currently looking at doing the same!
Busa is for sale and I've narrowed my selection down to either a k5/6 gsxr1000, or an 06/07 blade. Main reason for my decision is going to a lighter bike. Also the idea of something that I can squeeze through the door and keep in the study during winter is appealing.
I rode a 07 blade when they came out and was impressed with the power and handling. Power is not in the same league as the busa but plenty for my ability. I did find it a little heavy on the wrists, but heli bar should fix that.
Several weeks ago I rode a friend's 07 gsxr600 and was amazed at how comfy it is. The reach to the bars was short giving a more upright position than the busa where it feels like I'm reaching for the front wheel.
(27-05-2012, 09:11pm)ross79 Wrote: I am currently looking at doing the same!
Busa is for sale and I've narrowed my selection down to either a k5/6 gsxr1000, or an 06/07 blade. Main reason for my decision is going to a lighter bike. Also the idea of something that I can squeeze through the door and keep in the study during winter is appealing.
I rode a 07 blade when they came out and was impressed with the power and handling. Power is not in the same league as the busa but plenty for my ability. I did find it a little heavy on the wrists, but heli bar should fix that.
Several weeks ago I rode a friend's 07 gsxr600 and was amazed at how comfy it is. The reach to the bars was short giving a more upright position than the busa where it feels like I'm reaching for the front wheel.
06 1000 accelerates pretty much as hard as a standard busa. From 270 to maxed out the busa pulls harder. 06 gsxr 1000s are quite mad even when bog stock.