Sayonara Hayabusa
Hi ALL,
The time has come to say goodbye. With a heavy heart but also the possibility of another new beginning. After 2 years (from new) the depreciation would take a big dive if I left it any longer and luckily, I returned enough to think about another bike. The other thing was that had I hung on to it, I would NEVER be able to even look at another bike as a substitute. Definitely I can say that I will never again ride anything quite as beautiful and quite as powerful all rolled into one. I now need something lighter, so maybe a GSXR1000 or even the GSXR750 might fit me perfectly. Not sure. I still cannot believe that for the 2+ years that I have owned it, the bike has been totally captivating, like a mistress that is all consuming and inspiring. I am missing it very much already, but have decided to take some time before re-committing to another motorcycle, which I will do. It's got to be just right and every bit as captivating as my departed. It won't be easy, I can see that!
I'll probably take a small OS trip and check out the scene after Christmas/NY, early 2013 and see what I can bring home to park in the Busa's Haloed spot. Wishing you all the very best,
Falco
Hi Falco,
Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

Enjoy the memories!

The voices in my head may not be real, but they come up with some dam good ideas!Scary
Hey Falco, it will be hard to say never again!

Others have said that and returned.

Don't be a stranger anyway!

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Hay Falco. I know where your coming from as i also have mine up for sale same sort of reasons as you and the same thoughts. It is a bike that will never be able to be replaced no matter what you end up with. They are great fun to have but the time has come. Good luck with whatever you end up with next. Mine will either be a yamaha thunderace or an R1.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Thanks Fellas, I will just hang around if that's OK and as the 007 movie says, "Never say Never" is a very good way to stay young. Yes the possibilities are enormous but in my heart of hearts, I do still prefer a sport bike, even though I ride them on the road and not on the track. So the R1, CBR/GSXR1000's are in my sights. [Even a great looking GSXR750 will put my wallet into a jumpy state(!)]
I could get a new one but most likely will end up doing the sensible thing and get a one-owner 2006 model(GSXR1000) that hasn't been thrashed or bent. Even slightly older ones seem very good value if they have been well maintained and this should offset the eventual depreciation by cutting it to a minimum. I'll adjust the ergonomics to suit and probably end up trying to creat my own version of the Suzuki "Virus 1000" just for fun. Finally, I don't think of myself as having "loved and lost" anymore than I regard my departed Parents that way, because they are very my still here with me in my heart. Have a great week!
Can't you just fighter your busa? Or is it just the weight?
(18-05-2012, 10:29am)sutur Wrote: Can't you just fighter your busa? Or is it just the weight?

Partly the weight and partly the aspect of getting as much money back as possible. My legs are not getting any stronger as I hit my mid 60's so a lighter machine is going to help. To me, the Busa is too beautiful to either tart up or fighter-up. Something around or under 200kg wet would be ideal...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(17-05-2012, 10:41pm)JOCK Wrote: Hi Falco,
Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

Enjoy the memories!

Well said Jock.....and by the way, my old man wants to know who gave you permission to steal his nickname (his real name's John but gets Jock coz we are Scottish....by birth anyway).

(18-05-2012, 03:47pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote:
(18-05-2012, 10:29am)sutur Wrote: Can't you just fighter your busa? Or is it just the weight?

Partly the weight and partly the aspect of getting as much money back as possible. My legs are not getting any stronger as I hit my mid 60's so a lighter machine is going to help. To me, the Busa is too beautiful to either tart up or fighter-up. Something around or under 200kg wet would be ideal...

2003/2004 Kawasaki ZX10R.

I think (please someone correct me) that it's STILL the lightest superbike ever. Replace a few pieces and WOW.

I have a mate that just bought a Daytona 675, and that thing is featherweight too.
**EDIT** Yup, 2004/2005 ZX10R still the lightest 1000cc sportsbike ever.
The Daytona is light to it's detriment . The wiring is so light & small gauge, the wires Don't carry enough juice to even charge a flat battery,useless .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(18-05-2012, 05:21pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: The Daytona is light to it's detriment . The wiring is so light & small gauge, the wires Don't carry enough juice to even charge a flat battery,useless .

f***! Better warn my mate then Pi_thumbsup
(18-05-2012, 05:06pm)sutur Wrote:

I think (please someone correct me) that it's STILL the lightest superbike ever. Replace a few pieces and WOW.

I have a mate that just bought a Daytona 675, and that thing is featherweight too.

Zx10-170KG dry
CBR 954-168KG dry
(18-05-2012, 06:37pm)bioDog Wrote:
(18-05-2012, 05:06pm)sutur Wrote:

Zx10-170KG dry
CBR 954-168KG dry

I'd pay 2Kg for 50cc more...but OK, point made :)
Falco,

Busa with custom pipes, carbon fiber wheels and carbon Kevlar body can surely make your machine around 200 kg wet

Here you go: Currently weighing in at 188kgs with 2 litres of fuel!

[Image: TrackieRHS.jpg]

Stick on a headlight and blinkers. Another 3kgs maybe...?

Sorry to see you're letting it go... glad you'll stick around though! Pi_thumbsup