Accident on the Old Rd, Cowan
Just wondering if anyone knows if this person is from our club. Apparently the rider was riding an 08 Ltd Ed. I had calls on Saturday from family checking on me. The only other Ltd rider I know on this site is Busa Boy, but he was logged in earlier this morning and I guess he is OK.

http://hornsby-advocate.whereilive.com.a...-at-cowan/

He is a 24 Year old person:-

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/media_...YWxsPTE%3D
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
His name is Glen Spinks, search down the posts, we've been trying to check on him. Cheers
Thanks Heidi,

Not good when anyone goes down. My regards to his family.
" Live the Vision "
post deleted, due to confusion on my part....Coolsmiley
(22-05-2012, 05:40pm)bazman Wrote: post deleted, due to confusion on my part....Coolsmiley

You're not confused Baz. 2 different crashes. The white busa that got cleaned up by the red 675 was on Saturday. This acco was on Sunday. If Glen Spinks crashed on Saturday, then crashed another one on Sunday within 24hours, he needs to ask himself some serious questions when he is able to!
The reports don't say what sort of Suzuki motorcycle for the Sunday crash. I have photos of the Saturday crash on my Phone MMS'd to me from the 675 riders close mate who was out but had been km's ahead when the acco happened.
Here's prayers for the Sunday crash rider! Hope ya get well soon.
Heidi, that was another one on Sunday, glens was on Saturday. It's been pretty crazy up there of late...
Regards,

John

2fast4u
Yeah, RATS has been talking about it, apparently it was madness out there on the weekend. Guys talking about hanging up their road riding boots because it isn't worth coming around the corner and finding some idiot on the wrong side of the road.

TWO busas, that is too many.
Hey vellaterra...
I have a limited 08... It's humbussa's old ride.

I caught the nbn news on Saturday and whilst it was a white busa, it wasn't a limited 08.
Well not the accident on Saturday anyway... Not sure about Sunday.

Either way, not good to hear any of our fellow riders have gone down.
Bell 
(22-05-2012, 07:47pm)John Wrote: Heidi, that was another one on Sunday, glens was on Saturday. It's been pretty crazy up there of late...

Been a bit crazy down our way [mac pass] lately, too....

2 w/ends back....a group of riders from sydney travelling down the pass, the last one colliding with a car! Riders leg totally severed on impact....I've since heard that if it wasn't for one of his riding buddies immediately applying a makeshift tourniquet, he would have died a very quick death at the scene!!

Unsure as to this riders current health status....

And we all know what happens DIRECTLY after these kinda mishaps on our favourite twisty roads, don't we.......Police Biker Police Biker Police.......so take it easy out there, fellas and fella-ettes!!! Pi_thumbsup
OK, sorry for confussing everyone.

I try to steer clear of the Old Rd during the "peak" time of the day on weekends. Its a shame really. The cops are doing their job, thats for sure. I think due to the rained out summer all the weekend worriers are out to strech their legs and are not thinking of the bigger picture. We have had great weekend whether of late and yeh its great to get out and take advantage of it, but when I see these riders out with their low K's super bikes out for a blast, well, you can sure bet there are going to be Off's.

Riders, Keep safe.
" Live the Vision "
The 675 rider is going OK. Massive scars for the left leg I've never seen more stitches and I ve only got a photo on my phone. I've bailed him up on my Kat a few times and he has never tried to come back. He's always been very careful and never thought for a second that he is a GP star. He just ran wide and made the novice mistakes you make when you are not as experienced and havent had the enivitable real scare. Fortunately everyone is relatively OK. Heart goes out to the young family from the Putty road fatal crash. Shit I've run wide through a left hander and fortunately there was nothing coming the other way. Just shit luck but on the other hand, at least it wasn't a truck he hit! He has learnt, but pretty big cost. Nothing beats a good lesson that you get through unscathed and thats how ive learnt in the past (well except for smashing into that truck as an 18yr old on my GSX1100EFE down bellbird all those years ago!!)
PS. The Busa rider and pillion have visited the 675 rider at hospital in a pleasant way. That's gotta say something doesn't it?
(24-05-2012, 07:31pm)Katana2 Wrote: The 675 rider is going OK. He has learnt, but pretty big cost......
PS. The Busa rider and pillion have visited the 675 rider at hospital in a pleasant way. That's gotta say something doesn't it?

Yeah, that IS a nice gesture Pi_thumbsup, considering the circumstances!
I only know Glenn via f/book, but a few of our members in the Sydney city area ride with and know him well.
Give our best wishes to red 675 trumpy rider.....I hope both him and Glenn make a good recovery and are back riding again soon!!

Coolsmiley

Thanks Bazman. I'll let him know when I finally get him on the phone. That will give him some great support.
Can't wait to get the R/B 99 back on the road but it'll be a while. I reckon You, B1, Pan and me should run out to bathurst and catch up with Glen. 5 99 R/Bs!! How good would that be?
That would be a top run....Never been out that way on two wheels before!
But my r/b '99 is actually two-tone black atm (half gloss/half matt)!
The man is in coma at North Shore Hospital with severe head injuries, same as I was.
Run off the road by an incompetent cage driver ? "Zero Contributory Negligence" On his part.

I shot QBE's appeal against my CTP Green Slip CARS Award down in flames in court.

Now, take note: If anybody knows this man's wife or parents, please send me a PM with their contact details, as from day one, the legal bullshit will start. The best thing I ever did was sack my first lawyer and then I got a good one who is now an expert with Busa riders with severe traumatic brain injuries.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)