recommended tyre for busa
I run Bridgestone BT016s at present and love them but the down side is they will square off quick. In my opinion they are a great tyre if you going to spend all your time in the twisties but if you want to do abit of touring as well then you will pay the price.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Thought I'd go with REV on this one:

Bridgestone 003 and other battleaxe's - OK, Soft compound so 2 rears to a front easy. great for leaving black marks out of corners. and hada few front slides... though they were good till Balls (RIP) told me to try Pirelli's

Michelin Pilot Powers - Tried them - hated them - I found they didn't give good feel for what the front was doing and the rear I tore up with in 4,500km. Couldn't get them off my busa quick enough.

Pirelli's - For me - these are the shitz!

Diablo Super Corsa - used on a track day - med rear and soft front - friggen awesome tire and that was a wet track down - on the road they lasted about 5,000km

Diablo Rosso Corsa - and duel compound tire where the middles are a bit harder. I found them good with the front really letting you know what was happening. got about 5,000km out of them in summer and closer to 6 or 7 in winter.

Diablo Rosso Corsa 2's - These were the last set I had on my gen one. LOVED them!! The feel from both the rear and front was more then awesome and chasing super sports around corners was more than easy - same with passing them lol
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
(25-06-2012, 02:28pm)RyanG Wrote: Metzeller M5 Sportec

Awesome tyre IMO

Thanks for your input
(25-06-2012, 03:45pm)Ward P Wrote: I'm running the pilot pures (55) atm. Haven't found them to be anything special. Feed back is ok, haven't let go - (I found the road 2ct could break away pretty easily when pushed hard) the pures hold on, but have worn out pretty quick on the sides, and it's now very easy to see the different rubber compounds across the tyre. - Not unhappy, but will try something else next time.

BTW - If you're not into pushing the handling limits of your bike, and want great mileage, the pilot road is a great 'busa tyre.

Thanks for the input
(25-06-2012, 05:53pm)BEAU Wrote: Same as Wardy, I use the pilot power pures. And they do wear out quickly I also find, but never had an issue with them. I've also used the conti race attack's, like glue, but wear our fast...

Thanks for the input bloke
(25-06-2012, 06:18pm)Rev004 Wrote: Well this one question is asked so frequently but when it's all said and done we can recommend a tyre but you may not like the characteristics of the tyre and the way the bike feels so here is my 2CTs Worth

Tyres that I have used..

Bridgestone 016 - OK but don't last, great for leaving black marks out of corners.
Michelin Pilot Powers - found them to be just as good as the 016's but I reckon that they tip in better but I think the Michelin tip in better in general anyway.
Avon - VP2's Both Sports and Supersports, the Supersports I fell in love with them but 1800k's out of a rear one would say that they don't last Lol3. The Sports which I'm currently running have done 1 track day and if that's anything to go by that's not going to last very long as well but I also love them..

For me I like all 3 tyres but they all have their own characteristics so really comes back to a few things eg how many K's your hoping to get & what do you want out of a tyre.

So there you go the ball is back in your court.

Cheers Rev004 Pi_thumbsup

Thanks for the info very usefull feedback
(25-06-2012, 09:34pm)Skidmarx Wrote: very hard on my busa, pilot pures are a no go, front and rear i was lucky to get 2000k's, runing pilot powers now, feel great, not sure on k's yet but my housemate was getting good k's on his gen2 with them and he rides harder than me

Thaqnks for the input
(26-06-2012, 12:35am)bazman Wrote:
(25-06-2012, 05:53pm)BEAU Wrote: ....I've also used the conti race attack's, like glue, but wear our fast...

+1......I cannot rate this tyre highly enough!! This tyre will make you feel like you are Casey Stoner Trophy

If you don't need a tissue, when you're discussin' the mileage issue, IMHO....this is THE stickiest and most confidence-inspiring tyre I have EVER had on my busa!!! (Hmmmm, that reminds me to order a fresh set for lots of hoon-esque style summer riding coming up very soon!!)

Coolsmiley
if only the tires made me like stoner thanks for your input

(26-06-2012, 07:12am)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Pilot road 3's on one bike.

Dunlop Sportsmart's on the other.

Happy with both.

EDIT: Both in a 190/55 rear.

Thanks for the input
(26-06-2012, 10:29am)cyndemgum Wrote:
(25-06-2012, 12:19pm)weapon Wrote: Can anyone tell me what there running on there busa for hoops mine are bald and in urgent need of replacement
What sort of kms are you hoping for and what sort of riding are you doing?

i just ride it hard wherever i go like tipping it in
(26-06-2012, 11:22am)grumpy Wrote: I run Bridgestone BT016s at present and love them but the down side is they will square off quick. In my opinion they are a great tyre if you going to spend all your time in the twisties but if you want to do abit of touring as well then you will pay the price.

Thanks for the feedback
(26-06-2012, 04:02pm)RaZ Wrote: Thought I'd go with REV on this one:

Bridgestone 003 and other battleaxe's - OK, Soft compound so 2 rears to a front easy. great for leaving black marks out of corners. and hada few front slides... though they were good till Balls (RIP) told me to try Pirelli's

Michelin Pilot Powers - Tried them - hated them - I found they didn't give good feel for what the front was doing and the rear I tore up with in 4,500km. Couldn't get them off my busa quick enough.

Pirelli's - For me - these are the shitz!

Diablo Super Corsa - used on a track day - med rear and soft front - friggen awesome tire and that was a wet track down - on the road they lasted about 5,000km

Diablo Rosso Corsa - and duel compound tire where the middles are a bit harder. I found them good with the front really letting you know what was happening. got about 5,000km out of them in summer and closer to 6 or 7 in winter.

Diablo Rosso Corsa 2's - These were the last set I had on my gen one. LOVED them!! The feel from both the rear and front was more then awesome and chasing super sports around corners was more than easy - same with passing them lol
Thanks alot thats huge feedback thanks again if ron was around id be hassling him RIP

You have never lived till you have almost died, and for those that fight for it - life has a flavour the protected will never Know !
No probs. Nothing like pass a gixxer tho around the out side and having them ask... how the f*** did u do that!?!?!
I have run many of the sports tyres and road legal race tyres. 12 grands worth in 6 years. I keep going back to the power 2cts. That said all of the current top name sports tyres are good. A full sport front and a sport/touring rear may wheel suit your style. Eg power 2ct front/pilot road 3 rear or corsa front/angel rear. Plenty of real quick people running up Gingers Creek on these combinations. I am about to fit road 3s to my gen2 for a 5 week tassie tour. Not a real fan of sport touring tyres on the front, will be interesting to see what they are like. Imo definately go a 55 series on the rear, well worth the extra few bucks. Just purchased a pair of road 3s on ebay for $377 posted. Front and rear power 2cts will set you back about $380 with the 55 series rear. Looking forward to oneday giving the sportech m5s a go. Heard nothing but good reports about them. Hope this helps, Paul.
Niiice - I had wondered about the ct3's :)
But you hit the nail on the head - each of these tires is a personal thing, what may work and feel great for one person doesn't mean it will suit the next person :)