tyres
(27-06-2012, 08:44pm)bazman Wrote:
(26-06-2012, 09:56pm)aussiemonster Wrote: ....I got about 120000km's out of mine....

Geez aussie....you must be floating those tyres thru the corners!?! Eek

Be very, VERY careful filling out your next tax return, dude.....

Lol3 Lol3

Ta for the help, whats a '0' or two between friends!Coolsmiley
(28-06-2012, 11:09pm)bazman Wrote: Hmmm....thanks for the tip, CeeJay, coz the last mob I tried to get them from gave me a whole heap of BS answers why they wouldn't do it!

Just curiously.......how long ago exactly do you mean when you say "recently"?!? Confused Undecided Confused

Coolsmiley

Motosport won't any more except for limited brands . & as far as I know Jackson Bro's own's them all & look's like have been Forced to stop shipping to Aust . Restriction of trade or What ? You can only access certain pages of their web site from an Australian Address .Three of us SA blokes have tried in the last 2 mth's & No go .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Yeah Pete....that's why I'm curious as to when CeeJay got his?!? he mighta juz scraped in b4 all the BS started? Undecided

If I knew WHEN this was gonna happen (...i kinda thought it might be on the cards at some stage), I woulda stock-piled a cuppla sets!! Yes

Frown
(29-06-2012, 12:02am)bazman Wrote: Yeah Pete....that's why I'm curious as to when CeeJay got his?!? he mighta juz scraped in b4 all the BS started? Undecided

If I knew WHEN this was gonna happen (...i kinda thought it might be on the cards at some stage), I woulda stock-piled a cuppla sets!! Yes

Frown

Yeah mate ,it suck's having to pay what we do here , twice the price .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(29-06-2012, 12:20am)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(29-06-2012, 12:02am)bazman Wrote: Yeah Pete....that's why I'm curious as to when CeeJay got his?!? he mighta juz scraped in b4 all the BS started? Undecided

Frown

Yeah mate ,it suck's having to pay what we do here , twice the price .

Come to New Zealand we pay more again you have deals over there for a set and thats what we pay per rear. The new bridgestone s20 $260nzd delivered from rocky mountain thats about 200 odd cheaper than here.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(28-06-2012, 11:09pm)bazman Wrote: Hmmm....thanks for the tip, CeeJay, coz the last mob I tried to get them from gave me a whole heap of BS answers why they wouldn't do it!

Just curiously.......how long ago exactly do you mean when you say "recently"?!? Confused Undecided Confused

Coolsmiley

In March this year Bazman (from Jake Wilson).......Michelin PR2's. I know that I had trouble with Rocky Mountain a while back, but from memory, Michelin & Dunlop told them to stop exporting, but that ban has been lifted from what I've been told.

(25-06-2012, 08:58pm)Lucky 85 Wrote:
(25-06-2012, 06:29pm)PostmanPete Wrote: I run Michelen Pilot Road 3's. They work well enough for me, and last between 12 - 15000kms. Biker

+1 highly recommend them
got a new set of them for the ol girl today. good reviews on then so i thought id give em ago

every corner tells a story
I'm currently running Road 3's but I find the front tracks a bit.

I was thinking of giving the Metzler M5 Sportecs or Z8 Interacts a try.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Ok, so I loved the M5's they are the best tyre for confidence, 3712km on the M5's (probably should have changed them about 3000 thought)

but I just got the Z8's fitted today. Going to change my riding style a little as the Missus is buying a 250 next week and I won't be riding like I normally do, so I thought I would get something that will wear a little better.

Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact claims best sports touring tyre crown - so I'll give them a shot.
http://www.uk.ridexperience.com/2012/05/...yre-crown/
Whatever Mick at MCBT recommends and has on special for me.
(30-06-2012, 03:37pm)Kaine Wrote: Ok, so I loved the M5's they are the best tyre for confidence, 3712km on the M5's (probably should have changed them about 3000 thought)

but I just got the Z8's fitted today. Going to change my riding style a little as the Missus is buying a 250 next week and I won't be riding like I normally do, so I thought I would get something that will wear a little better.

Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact claims best sports touring tyre crown - so I'll give them a shot.
http://www.uk.ridexperience.com/2012/05/...yre-crown/

Keep us posted on the Z8s Very Happy

Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Did a run down to Tyalgum today, round trip of 306km. Tyres are now nicely ran in, it was a little hard at first not to treat them like the M5's.

I must say I am very happy so far, they do feel confident in the corners, I have not been leaning quite as much as before but I think that is more my mental state not wanting to rely on they too much.

I'll post up some more as I do a few more rides.