G'day from Mackay
G'day all, Well I should have an 08' Gen 2 'Busa in the house by this afternoon.
My current ride is an 01' ZRX1200 with mods that has just clocked 107,000 klms & done a fair amount of dragstrip time, owned from new.
The 'Busa was offered to me by a friend @ a price to good to refuse, so I didn't, just had to get it past the missus, & I did, no idea how that happened Smitten.
'Busa has less than 10,000 k's on it, so I expect this to be my ride for the next decade, as my ZRX has been & my 87' CBR1000FH prior to that.
Photo's when I have a chance & it's not raining, must say I am more about riding & very rarely even think about photo's, they just waste time which could be better used riding Lol3.
Basically she is a stock Orange & Black '08 model, strangely I have not been able to find my licence since negotiations started, I think it is in hiding Police.

Welcome
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Welcome. You have the color we here refer to as 'Jaffa'. You'll bloody love it to death when you ride it!
G'day and Welcome to the AHC, mate!! Very Happy

Congrats on the purchase of your new busa dude Yes, and like they always say....."pics, or it didn't happen"!! Read

keep it fun,
bazman
Coolsmiley
Welcome aboard Zrex1200,

Not a good sign mate, losing your licence before you even GET the busa Confused

Hope to catch up with ya someday mate ..

Cheers .. Dale
welcome, pretty sure we have met before, i do a spot of scrutineering at the track and am usualy working on the burnout pad or prestage during most meetings/tnt's, we ride the area often and have some big rides coming up in the next few months, let me know if ya interested in tagging along for some spirited riding with a variety of busas, 14's and a string of litres that think there gods gift :)
Thanks for the welcome all. I am pretty sure I will love the 'Busa, just need to tame the right hand a bit more on the public roads I guess.

Skidmarx, yes mate we would have met. Also I was the one who offered you a bottle of bourbon for your 'Busa on the CQRiders forum when you had your little indiscretion. I also have photos of my ZRX @ Palmyra that have your watermark on them.

Well bike is locked inside the house now with the ZRX & my 2 x Rotties for company, shame it's still bloody raining...., see how the weekend shapes up. I will do a couple of lone rides to familiarize myself with the new machine before I go group riding, especially with an unfamiliar group, but thanks for the offer Pi_thumbsup & I will take you up once I have some time alone to settle in to my new beastie Very Happy.

small town hey :)

not a drama, let me know when ya ready, we have quite a diverse range of riders with us, from learners on 250s to busas and 14's, starting to think im going to get cobwebs on the bike with this bloody weather though :(
WelcomeZrex. If your stil into drags, we will meet as we are looking at bringing our bus up your way to compete. May see you there.
Party-smiley-018 When your not Racing, your only waiting!
Welcome hope you like the Jaffa.
I skipped the kwaka step and went from the '87 CBR1000 to the 'busa. Idiot2

Pi_thumbsup Enjoy it Yes
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
the goat, mate I will run the bike on the strip @ some point, though after riding it I feel she still needs to loosen up, with only 10,000k's on the clock she still feels tight.

Ward-P, How long ago did you change from the CBR, thre getting thin on the ground these days. My boss just sold an original '88 FJ model with only 8000 klms on the dial & I put 2000 of those on it.

Finally got a photo (in the carport cause it's still raining)...

[Image: IMAG0001-1.jpg]
Love the new bike looks great, the can sits in nice too.

(17-07-2012, 10:42am)Zrex1200 Wrote: Ward-P, How long ago did you change from the CBR, thre getting thin on the ground these days. My boss just sold an original '88 FJ model with only 8000 klms on the dial & I put 2000 of those on it.

Sold the CBR back in '99. Had about 120,000km on it. Commutted from Central Coast to Sydney on it every day. Used to take the old Pacific highway at least 3 days a week. Nothing changed when I got the 'busa, except the times.

Cathy had the little turbo capri, that went when the baby came, so she got a new car and I got a new bike. You gotta love that!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(17-07-2012, 09:09pm)Ward P Wrote: Love the new bike looks great, the can sits in nice too.

(17-07-2012, 10:42am)Zrex1200 Wrote: Ward-P, How long ago did you change from the CBR, thre getting thin on the ground these days. My boss just sold an original '88 FJ model with only 8000 klms on the dial & I put 2000 of those on it.

Sold the CBR back in '99. Had about 120,000km on it. Commutted from Central Coast to Sydney on it every day. Used to take the old Pacific highway at least 3 days a week. Nothing changed when I got the 'busa, except the times.

Cathy had the little turbo capri, that went when the baby came, so she got a new car and I got a new bike. You gotta love that!

Thats the same paint scheme as the boss's[img][Image: 1987CBR1000FHin1991.jpg][/img] old '88 model. Mine was the Candy White & Red. Photo was taken in Mt Isa around 1992 I think. She had 160,000 k's on her when I traded her on the brand new ZRX. Other than the Honda camchain bugbear it was a very nice bike in its day & they still are not to shabby.