Introducing the two newest members of the shed
f*** me, have I lost count again?

The Cub is yours until I can pick her up, just be gentle. The postie successfully got rego, despite the fact it is sitting in a trailer in Sydney, with the mirrors on the front seat of my car, in another part of Sydney :)

Who wants to join my gang? Full leathers, nothing higher than 75kms/hr. We will OWN the footpaths.

I'm off the the farm at Tumbarumba (yes Indral the name is familiar, but I can't think why) in a few weeks. We've discovered the Postie is 110ccs, and the ride on lawnmower is 330ccs.

Can you see where I'm going with this?

Drag race up the top paddock, postie v ride on lawnmower, winner takes all. We will stop to cut laps of the house, put the blades down and mow around the front door and see how far we get without spilling our drinks. Going to the farm ROCKS when the parents aren't there!
Ive added to my collection too Heidi.
While searching for parts for the ST90 the other night I was looking at all the other CUB motored bikes, posties, Dax's, CT's, CL's, etc then I spotted a Sachs Madass for sale, the starting price was $400 and he had a buy it now for $450, a couple of email's back and forth and I got it for $420, so a quick trip to Queanbeyan last night and it was mine.
HOW FUNNY ARE THEY!! I've had a couple of goes on them, the L platers turn up on them from time to time. Great little bikes, and first time you put fuel in you will be scratching your head.
So today I took the postie out on dirt. I figure I'll have to learn to do it before I ride one Perth to Broome through the desert. Had a great day, corrugations, deep sand drifts, damp patches and loose gravel. Postie chugged along happily at 60-70kms/hr without missing a beat, the only reason we lost speed was occasionally I got too involved in the scenery :)

I made a list while I was out there. Things that are faster than a postie on dirt.
* 4WDs
* magpies
* horses

This list is in no way exhaustive, I suspect I will continue to find things that are faster than a postie on dirt.

Had a great day. Putting the bike away, I have to put the bike in first and go full throttle (the driveway is DIABOLICALLY steep) then brake hard at the top. The postie has a sticky throttle, so I went full throttle up the driveway, through the garage and smacked into the roller door at the other end. Pretty impressive skid the length of the garage Lol2 Lol2

Hoon
Hells yeah, I'm making that 7bhp work for me.
Needs Brembos .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Hang about, tomorrow is a big day on dirt. I'll set the trip meter, but I'm anticipating several tanks of fuel. All on dirt, out to Gundaroo, Gunning, Sutton and there is talk of Goulbourne. Holy crap, should I fit my sheepskin cover tonight? Still haven't pulled the christmas decorations and the ladder off the postie, she is snuggled up against the roller door still. Going to take some digging.
(26-07-2012, 09:00pm)Heidi1 Wrote: f*** me, have I lost count again?
The Cub is yours until I can pick her up, just be gentle. The postie successfully got rego, despite the fact it is sitting in a trailer in Sydney, with the mirrors on the front seat of my car, in another part of Sydney :)
Who wants to join my gang? Full leathers, nothing higher than 75kms/hr. We will OWN the footpaths.
I'm off the the farm at Tumbarumba (yes Indral the name is familiar, but I can't think why) in a few weeks. We've discovered the Postie is 110ccs, and the ride on lawnmower is 330ccs.
Can you see where I'm going with this?
Drag race up the top paddock, postie v ride on lawnmower, winner takes all. We will stop to cut laps of the house, put the blades down and mow around the front door and see how far we get without spilling our drinks. Going to the farm ROCKS when the parents aren't there!

Drag race I'm in, I'm off to E bay to get one, hang on I got a 90 in the shed someone forgot to pick up. I'm in Pi_thumbsup
EXCELLENT Simmo, you are ON! Today was brilliant. Did 200kms of dirt, postie was an absolute champion. I'm considering changing her name to Tank. SURE we struggled a bit keeping up with the big off-roaders, but she didn't put a foot wrong and sat on 60kms/hr everywhere, sand, wet clay, corregations and parrots. LOTS of parrots. Fitted the gopro for the maiden voyage, it stayed on for a while :) by the time I realised it was gone, we were 100kms away on some pretty rough roads so we gave it up as missing. I got lost going back to look for it, but by happy accident ended up at the lunch stop before everyone else. My only explanation is that the postie is so damn FAST!

The other riders were completely entranced by the postie, I suspect I have at least another three converts. One guy was blown away by the side stands on both sides, BOTH SIDES!! AND a centre stand. SURE she doesn't have a trip meter, a tacho or a fuel guage,but they spent a lot of money on stands. That was voted an excellent choice. Oddly enough the suspension got big ticks as well, she was solid as a rock, even steep downhill with corregations. What a great little bike.

Things I learned today;
1. going downhill, leaning back with slight positive throttle makes a huge difference to the stability of the bike
2. I am not going to fall off when I hit long strips of deep, loose gravel
3. You have to run through the gears to the very top if you want to hit warp speed, no short changes
4. You have heaps of time to develop a victory wave when you are traveling at that speed.

Feeling more confident about the postie challenge now.

OH! And on the way home coming into Gundaroo four hours later, we came around the corner and there was the gopro in the middle of the road. The mounting system was smashed beyond all recognition, the camera had come out of the casing and was a bit scuffed and the SD was missing and there is a chance it had been hit by a couple of cars, but turned on when I tried it.
By the sounds of it you`ll do great.Theirs a few guys get around here on the posties cheers
I fitted up a Postie bike for some challenge/desert crossing once and I'm sure we used an XR fuel tank to give it some decent range. I'm sure the Postie Bike forum would have all the mods required. Best of luck with it Heidi!
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

Yeah, I've looked at long range tanks Tex, but I find a milkcrate with a 10l jerry can in it does the job too!