Tyres and the Touring
G'day,

have returned from Phillip Island with one shagged D207 after only 3400K's.

After getting 5600K's from the OEM 010, I will have to go back and leave Dunlop alone.

As I need touring emphasis tyres and not outright sporting ability I am considering trying the new D220ST. Has anyone tried these out yet or is there some other tyre worth considering for the 'Bus when touring?

Poh <i></i>
Check out the BT020's. They now come in a 190 width.

Retailed for $261

Cheers
Ardvark <i></i>
Thanks for the lead. Liked the Bridgestone so I will try them out. The Little Lady does not share my view that periodic changes of rubber is a good thing so anything to slow the rate of change down is worth a try. <i></i>
Met a fellow busa rider at MT white on saturday.He had a BT020 on his bike,I enquired what they were like.So far the tyre had only done 30 laps at eastern creek and he commented grip was good.No wear evident,and from what I saw this guy is a hard rider. GREG <i></i>
The 020's go on this weekend. Will stick to the OEM on the front but I figure if the 020 is good enough for the GSX 1400 I should be able to use the same tyre on the 'Bus.

Have followed a mate on the GSX 1400 to PI and last weekend to Bathurst via Wiseman's, Lithgow and Oberon. tyre looks like new and seems to hang on in all conditions.

Will report progress as it comes. The 207's can go in the bin. <i></i>