What's it like?
Question 
The first time you try a turbo busa?
Can't find any videos with commentary or reactions.
I'll never afford one, but help me dream!
yeah sutur.....that's a great question, for a long time now I've been wondering the exact same thing!?!
I would assume it's like the first time you rode a 'busa. Lol3
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I reckon it's all relative. I had never ridden a Busa. I had ridden an early R1. I had a smokin YZF750 haga. Which was like a dog down low. But had ridden Mental dirt bikes my whole life. Yz 465, 400f, Cr 500. The Busa with 10lbs just seemed like a big long Wr400F. Not as violent as a CR500 with 2mm over piston, pipe etc. It's about what your used to.Biker
Party-smiley-018 When your not Racing, your only waiting!
try an imagine a two-stroke busa, the power is very addictive and hard to go back.
(27-08-2012, 09:03pm)Chuffed Wrote: try an imagine a two-stroke busa, the power is very addictive and hard to go back.
Chuffed is right. I cant imagine having less now. Its all about more. Thats the issue with addictions.

First time I rode a big bike I though precisely these words: "HOLY SHIT! I'm going to have to be very, very careful with this thing".
Whereas I imagine a turbo busa to be more like: "HOLY SHIT! There's no place on earth for something like this"
(27-08-2012, 09:54pm)sutur Wrote: First time I rode a big bike I though precisely these words: "HOLY SHIT! I'm going to have to be very, very careful with this thing".
Whereas I imagine a turbo busa to be more like: "HOLY SHIT! There's no place on earth for something like this"

What we havent probably explained is that in my situation the kit used and the builder, Maj built something that feels like a stock bike. It is easier to ride than my old YZF 750. It's just that it is geared to run 394kph. The danger is that you are unaware of your approach speeds to corners. You have to be very vigilant. Bigger turbo's are entirely different. That's probably the perception people have.
Is it popular to install small turbos to address lower rpms? Power in the upper rpm range seem to be good enough...
(30-08-2012, 08:06pm)sutur Wrote: Is it popular to install small turbos to address lower rpms? Power in the upper rpm range seem to be good enough...
You just get more everywhere. Its a GSX1600. Ours spools up at 4500. Its stock up until then. Then it's just stronger all the way. You can run longer gears with a wider power band, because of the torque. People are realising that bigger isn't always better on the street. Smaller turbo's with internal wastegates are also cheaper to set up which is another reason why they are used..
Here's some onboard footage of a turbo busa going 0-281kph in 7secs Coolsmiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNuRHYjoko&feature=plcp
7.95@175mph, that's gota make me the quickest dog groomer in OZ Biker
Pro StreetBike Smitten
Thanks to my crew and sponsors:
IM Compsoite Technologies www.imcomposite.com.au/
Country Brewer www.countrybrewer.com.au
Hydrodog Cranebrook http://www.hydrodog.com.au/
(31-08-2012, 08:00pm)Matturbo Wrote: Here's some onboard footage of a turbo busa going 0-281kph in 7secs Coolsmiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNuRHYjoko&feature=plcp

And that footage is why people use bigger turbo's. Awesome Matt.
(31-08-2012, 09:48pm)the goat Wrote:
(31-08-2012, 08:00pm)Matturbo Wrote: Here's some onboard footage of a turbo busa going 0-281kph in 7secs Coolsmiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNuRHYjoko&feature=plcp

And that footage is why people use bigger turbo's. Awesome Matt.

Thanks mate, I'm planning a bigger snail next year Very Happy I'm bored of 350hp already Lol3
7.95@175mph, that's gota make me the quickest dog groomer in OZ Biker
Pro StreetBike Smitten
Thanks to my crew and sponsors:
IM Compsoite Technologies www.imcomposite.com.au/
Country Brewer www.countrybrewer.com.au
Hydrodog Cranebrook http://www.hydrodog.com.au/
On the road with 6 to 8 psi of boost is great for overtaking road trains but they don't really get up & fly until you really give it the throttle & it does spool up & develop the boost, other than that, just like normal Busa.

I reckon I'd go a Supercharger from TTS Performance next as boost is pretty well instant with more torque all the way up.
Well mine in street trim runs 17 pounds boost with Aquamist methanol injection mapped thru the Motec. Its got nearly 10 thousand K's like that and is the biggest pussycat to ride.

The blow off valve going PSssHHT doest mate you a bit silly round town.

Riding normally its just like a stocky but loaded up under full boost - no matter what speed its like a reverse bungie cord.