Custom Brakes (updates)
(04-09-2012, 08:18am)big kev Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 08:13am)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Well done Kev.

I ride a Gen1 with better pad's/fluid/braided lines etc back to back
with a stock B-King with its factory everything including rubber lines.
B-Kings radials (same as Gen2 are waaaaay better) Not sure how much
you'd gain from a radial master ? Gen2's isnt radial, B-King is, but is
designed for flat bar's and looks odd anyway.
Maybe a late model GSXR1000 radial master ?

yeah spot on tony im going to look at a few models of the GSXR radial , took the bike for a short spin again and the brakes are amazeing

If you guys after a master cylinder I got one from GSX-R1000 08 model. Done only 340 km so it practically new. $80 plus postage.

Cheers
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(04-09-2012, 11:57pm)Shifu Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 08:18am)big kev Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 08:13am)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Well done Kev.

I ride a Gen1 with better pad's/fluid/braided lines etc back to back
with a stock B-King with its factory everything including rubber lines.
B-Kings radials (same as Gen2 are waaaaay better) Not sure how much
you'd gain from a radial master ? Gen2's isnt radial, B-King is, but is
designed for flat bar's and looks odd anyway.
Maybe a late model GSXR1000 radial master ?

yeah spot on tony im going to look at a few models of the GSXR radial , took the bike for a short spin again and the brakes are amazeing

If you guys after a master cylinder I got one from GSX-R1000 08 model. Done only 340 km so it practically new. $80 plus postage.

Cheers

i will keep that in mind mate thank you
Thanks for posting this Kev. Looks like a much simpler (and cheaper) way to upgrade the brakes than swapping the whole front end for a Gen II.
(05-09-2012, 09:36pm)aussiemonster Wrote: Thanks for posting this Kev. Looks like a much simpler (and cheaper) way to upgrade the brakes than swapping the whole front end for a Gen II.

thats the hole idea to show all members that there are afordable ways of upgrading your bike , the general attitude here is sell it and buy a GEN II from a lot of members but this shows you that you can make your bike brake and preform just as good as a GEN II
(04-09-2012, 11:57pm)Shifu Wrote: If you guys after a master cylinder I got one from GSX-R1000 08 model. Done only 340 km so it practically new. $80 plus postage.

Cheers

I'll take that off your hands without even thinking about it, unless you want to see if Kev want's it first that is.
(06-09-2012, 08:08pm)stunva Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 11:57pm)Shifu Wrote: If you guys after a master cylinder I got one from GSX-R1000 08 model. Done only 340 km so it practically new. $80 plus postage.

Cheers

I'll take that off your hands without even thinking about it, unless you want to see if Kev want's it first that is.

Kev, please let me know what you've decided before Sunday. Otherwise Stunva got himself new master cylinder.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(07-09-2012, 09:11am)Shifu Wrote:
(06-09-2012, 08:08pm)stunva Wrote:

Cheers

Kev, please let me know what you've decided before Sunday. Otherwise Stunva got himself new master cylinder.

all good sell it to Stuntva

thanks
A question for you Kev, are you still able to access the suspension adjustment?
The damping screw is down there and the new brakes sit a bit lower than the originals.
(07-09-2012, 01:30pm)aussiemonster Wrote: A question for you Kev, are you still able to access the suspension adjustment?
The damping screw is down there and the new brakes sit a bit lower than the originals.

Yeah I can adjust them with no hassle what so ever
Hi Kev,

Do you know if the brackets will work with GSXR1000 calipers (eg 2008)?

I've sent a message to the seller on ebay but had no response. Was just wondering if in part of your research you found out which calipers other than B king will work?

Well I've bitten the bullet, bought a set of brackets and 2nd hand calipers off ebay. Will have to wait a few weeks for them to come through the post.
More info for anyone looking to buy these brackets.

There are 2 types:
1 for Haybusa style 108mm bolt spacing (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320984988537?...1423.l2649)

1 for 100mm GSXR1000 bolt spacing (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221126566357?...1423.l2649)

Worth checking with them before buying the brackets (and the brakes). I bought the wrong sort, but they picked up my mistake before shipping and emailed me to check which ones I really needed. They were very helpful and they've shipped me the correct parts.
Big Kev
I'd like to have a go at this too. Sounds like a good move. But I am a bit unsure what calipers I should be looking for. Looks like there's a few options, but which brand of calipers would be best for this conversion - would some be better than others, do you think? Thanks, mate
Well my bikes in the shop today, getting the new calipers fitted, so will let you know soon how it all goes.
Just bought the brackets $129 and some used 2009 Busa calipers $127 today so away we go! Thanks big Kev