Ride to motogp 2012
As usual I make no promises....if I'm sober enough ill catch up...
(09-10-2012, 07:20am)Vellaterra Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 07:16am)Busa Boy Wrote: Iam heading down on the tues staying jindy1st night, bright 2nd night,we booked a house at San Remo.

Hi John,

I'll keep an eye out for you at the Island.

I am leaving on Tuesday and heading down to Canberra, 1st night via Nowra, then meeting others at Yass the following day, riding to Tallangatta staying at the Hotel for the night then the following day riding via the Black Spur to Kilcunda.

Will do see you there.

I,m heading down Wed from Myrtleford..as long as i,m in cowes that night i have no set start time or direction..went thru Benalla and Yea last time..might try something different this time as long as it has lots of corners Very Happy .
(13-09-2012, 10:03am)Vellaterra Wrote: I am leaving on Tuesday and heading down to Canberra, 1st night via Nowra, then meeting others at Yass the following day, riding to Tallangatta staying at the Hotel for the night then the following day riding via the Black Spur to Kilcunda.

Which Hotel in Tallangatta? Both pubs are only a short stagger from my place. Contact me 0419691210, it's a small town & both publicans know me Pi_freak Will be available after 8pm but would love to catch up for a beer. Pi_thumbsup
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(09-10-2012, 08:18pm)Ward P Wrote:
(13-09-2012, 10:03am)Vellaterra Wrote: I am leaving on Tuesday and heading down to Canberra, 1st night via Nowra, then meeting others at Yass the following day, riding to Tallangatta staying at the Hotel for the night then the following day riding via the Black Spur to Kilcunda.

Which Hotel in Tallangatta? Both pubs are only a short stagger from my place. Contact me 0419691210, it's a small town & both publicans know me Pi_freak Will be available after 8pm but would love to catch up for a beer. Pi_thumbsup

G'Day Ward,

We are staying at Herb's joint.

Its the place we stayed 3 years ago and all decided that we should revisit Herb & Jo again. I would like to catch up Ward, I will be wearing my Blue Suzuki shirt with the AHC Logo.

Mate I will call you when I get into town....

" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
(10-10-2012, 07:50am)Vellaterra Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 08:18pm)Ward P Wrote:

G'Day Ward,

We are staying at Herb's joint.

Its the place we stayed 3 years ago and all decided that we should revisit Herb & Jo again. I would like to catch up Ward, I will be wearing my Blue Suzuki shirt with the AHC Logo.

Mate I will call you when I get into town....

Jo and Herbie have just sold the pub, Cathy and I had a few celebratory drinks with them last Saturday night. Official handover hasn't happened yet, so they should still be about on the GP weekend. These things always take time.

Yeh, My mate just told me about Herb yesterday when he got a call confirming our booking.
" Live the Vision "
Heading down for the GP & was wondering if anyone knows how bad the 2 unsealed sections on the Omeo Highway near Mita Mita are? Is it Busa friendly!!! or should we go via Bright/Mt Hotham?

Hi Busa Boy, I was chatting to my Cuz from Victoria who has a mate that drives a truck through that region. He tells me that they got a start on it but he doesn't think it completed.

I had done this road 5 yrs ago and what a road once you get south of the dirt road. One of THE BESTEST ROADS. As long as there are no logging trucks, your in for the ride of your life....
" Live the Vision "
(11-10-2012, 05:51pm)Busa Boy Wrote: Heading down for the GP & was wondering if anyone knows how bad the 2 unsealed sections on the Omeo Highway near Mita Mita are? Is it Busa friendly!!! or should we go via Bright/Mt Hotham?

The 26 km of dirt is Ok if dry, in the wet it's like ice skating! - I wouldn't do it in the wet no matter what!
If looking for an alternative to Mt Hotham, why not try going from Mt Beauty to Falls Creek, then across the Bogong high plains to meet the Omeo highway west of Anglers Rest. All sealed, pretty quiet, lots of corners.
Heading down in a group, staying in cabins somewhere, dunno the details, someone else has organised it. I'm just paying my share & tagging along.
(11-10-2012, 06:51pm)Ward P Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 05:51pm)Busa Boy Wrote: Heading down for the GP & was wondering if anyone knows how bad the 2 unsealed sections on the Omeo Highway near Mita Mita are? Is it Busa friendly!!! or should we go via Bright/Mt Hotham?

The 26 km of dirt is Ok if dry, in the wet it's like ice skating! - I wouldn't do it in the wet no matter what!
If looking for an alternative to Mt Hotham, why not try going from Mt Beauty to Falls Creek, then across the Bogong high plains to meet the Omeo highway west of Anglers Rest. All sealed, pretty quiet, lots of corners.

Thanks for the info sounds like the way to go.
(12-10-2012, 04:03pm)Busa Boy Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 06:51pm)Ward P Wrote:

Thanks for the info sounds like the way to go.

Yeh, I'm chatting to my mate about this way round and avoid the Black Spur. The Mexican Policia are hitting it hard still.
" Live the Vision "
So oct 26th friday general entry $ 45.oo
Practice day-27th Saturday $75.oo
Race day 28th sunday. $95.oo

3day season pass $160

I hope our casey boy does well

If all go's well I'll be there saturday ,

Hey guys, I'm only new but hopefully I'll see a couple of you guys around the track or on the way down. I'm riding from ACT for the race, managed to pick up a holiday house right near the track for the entire weekend, can't wait!!
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"