Just saying HULLO
            Hi Folks, firstly, let me say I have MISSED coming here on the Forum since I parted with my beloved. I also MISS my Busa BIG TIME as well and have wondered on several occasions as to WHY on Earth did I let it go??? Anyway, with me, it's a learning curve, dealing with material things, attachment, money and so forth and the lessons seem to be repetitive. This probably means that I am not ready for Nirvana or Moksha just yet. In my search for a lighter ride-around that would in some ways make up(alternatively) for the Muhammad Ali Punch of the Busa, I think I have "settled" in my brain, for one of 2 options. One is indeed lighter, an 05 CBR1000 Fireblade, (which I like very much)or secondly, to remind myself to some way what my Busa was like, the 05 CBR1100XX Blackbird. This in itself will not be any lighter (if at all) to the Busa, but it will be reminiscent of the Busa and either propositions should not set me back that magic figure of $7.5K. The attraction to the 05-06 GSXR1000 has run into some trouble because the asking prices are much higher (for a good one) and people seem to beat me to the punch there as well. The FZ1 is a distant 3rd choice and I'd certainly consider it if everything fell into place perfectly. Not in a great hurry at the moment. In the meantime, whilst all this is happening, I have bought a Daihatsu TERIOS (named the Teriosurus by my son) just for taking the dog out for trips and walks, to the beaches and running around the concrete jungles and if frisky, mounting curbs as well. I have just come back from a trip
(BNE-MEL-BNE) and the thing went just superbly. At around 11-12 cents per kilometer on 98 Octane (some places in the country will charge more of course) it cannot be beat, if you happen to want to carry stuff like golf bags, tents, sleeping gear, esky and the like. I did the return MEL-BNE in one go straight, 22hrs via the Hume and New England HWYs. [Incidentally, the pub at Nerrandera served the absolute BEST Porterhouse Steak, cooked to perfection!] Just prior the trip, I had all the fluids changed, (including GB trans& diff & brakes) and changed the engine oil to Penrite Full Syn 10-60 and it's been SUPER smooth ever since. Steep hills around Tamworth-Guyra will knock the speed back to about 90kph in 4th, but otherwise, sitting on 100,110,120 was a piece of cake. I plan to use this vehicle to tow my new bike to tour SA and TAS (with camp-gear). OK, enough drivel from me. If you want to read more, go to MCT Magazine Aug22-Sept18 Edition, letter on pg 23 "Busa Fan" is from ME!
PS not confirmed, my Teriosurus was a COP CAR in it's previous life...
Best regards,
FP