The new run around, My TL1000R
Hey guys jus bought a new run around bike, i cant help myself! 98 Model TL1000r, apparently it was in RAPID bikes, but dont kno what year.
She needs a bit of attention, ive already started re polishing bits and peices here and there, thinkin of giving her a new coat of paint also...
took the wheels and exhaust off this morning to get re polished, and me and my little bro gave the swingarm and underneath a good degrease and scrub!! just ordered new chain and sprockets, very keen to get her on the road! cheap lil project

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks pretty good.Nice to have a spare bike.I should not have sold my old bol dor.
Nice work. The TLR is a great bike.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
mono machine!! I love the TLRs
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
awesome bike - i still miss that stomping sound mine made sometimes.
you're right Ward P - they love to mono - especially with altered sprocket!
[Image: 27535_125512297482400_7285_n.jpg]TOASTY!
Rims and exhaust repolished :) swingarm extenions, chain and sprocket ordered :) :) doing a full fairing off detail over the weekend replacing lil bits and pieces here and there

sounds like you got a decent buy Jake. The bike looks awesome.
Just one little thing to be careful of. Front engine bearing will seize if you spend LOTS of time on the back wheel. (it is VERY addictive on a TLR)_
I must say I do miss my TLR :(
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
wheels both polished and back on, levers polished, now waitin on a lil somethin somethin from the states :) then over next week she is gettin a fairing off detail and the fairings are getting touched up, thinkin bout taking the stickers off.....THOUGHTS??

I like the no stickers look, only trouble is you'll have lots of people sayin' "nice Duke" when they hear it.
hahaha, wouldnt complain bout that! i think i might do it tonight, ill see how it goes, if it looks shit, i can just get more stickers made! i might be giving it a fresh coat of paint anyways so stickers can alwayz be put back on!

after this ones done and sold im goin for a gen 1 Busa
its next on my bucket list :)

(29-09-2012, 04:25pm)Ward P Wrote: I like the no stickers look, only trouble is you'll have lots of people sayin' "nice Duke" when they hear it.