Hard Compound Tyres??
I've still got the Michellen HPX on the rear after 11000 klms It's done 90% touring klms. I slowed up on the big power take offs, it's really payed off with tyre life. It has not quite touched the wear marker. Best life I have ever got out of a rear tyre. There not a bad all rounder for touring and a bit if scratching. Never keep up with the Super Corsa's for grip in the corners though. (Life's one big compromise!) Just my 2c worth.
Have a good trip. Regards Phil. <i></i>
I've had my busa for only a month and the hpx's i wouldn't say give a great service life.The rear(which was new) has done just over 3500klms and is just about to the wear block. The riding i have done has been a mixture of winding roads,open road touring,city work and pillioning.Personally i'de go for the 020's.I ran these on my previous bike(not a busa)and got good milage and grip.The trick is to warm them up first before thrashing.My 2c worth Rod. <i></i>
I've been thinking that I always like a stickier front tyre so............ from anyones experience, I'm thinking of putting the BT-020 on the rear, and D208 on the front (or a similar gripping good front tyre) ??!! Suggestions?? Peter <i></i>
G'day,

For the past three changeovers I have gone for the Briggies with an 010 on the front and a 020 on the rear.

6 to 8000 seems to be my limit on the rear. just getting one front for two rears. Obviously not fast into the corners but a little quicker out!

Have done 24000 since May 01.

Lots of Newcastle riders going to this combination.

David <i></i>
I'm with you on this one Dave <i></i>
I have just removed a Dunlop 220 as it was down to the inner bands and replaced it with the BT020. The front still has plenty of tread but is cupped like hell.

Overall I got 4000k less out of the Dunlops so it's back to Bridgstones. My original bridgestones didn't cup either.

By the way my current bike is a CBR1100XX. I'm checking out the Busa site with a view to swapping and naturally tyre life is of interest.
<i></i>
Yes Jim i'm currently running a bridgestone 020 rear,010 front.The rear has done 6,000ks and is about 60% worn,so i should get about 8-10 out of it.Hangs on well on the road once warmed up,but if you do a lot of track days go for something softer.The front seems to be hanging in well also....cheers Rod. <i></i>
G'day Jim, I've the same set-up as Rod. I found the 020's to be just as good, and I ride my bike hard sometimes - like to have some fun when I can .... Anyway, my tyres handled brillantily across the Nullabor and the tight twisty country down south of W.A. with my bike fully loaded. Tyre pressures stayed solid and no slippage at all - and still perfectly round after trip would you believe!?!?! I'm going to stick with them cause they have great mileage for value, but have a tinkering to try the new sports Pirellis for some sick-arse action on the track soon!

Cheers, Peter <i></i>
Have just gottent 15000kms out of a Macadam rear, it is dual compound and the shoulders tend to cut away on the tighter sections but no worse than the Dunlops.

For open country riding I have finally found a tyre that stands up especially in the heat of summer... <i></i>
<i><b>I wish I could get that much life out of a tyre........</b></i>
(I think rolling burnouts may have something to do with it) <i></i>
Be careful on the Macadam tyres. I had a impressive highside on the Putty Rd due to a rather hot and slippery rear Macadam. Sorta sucked the confidence out of me in regard to them (not like it had anything to do with my heavy right hand ) <i></i>
A few blokes mix the front and rear, I do as well for economic reasons more than anything else. I was wondering if this affects wet weather performance of the rear. Different compounds have different tread patterns. Apparently the front tread pattern is designed to remove water from the road and rear tread pattern is designed to deal with what the front couldn't do. If you mix your tyres, does the rear perform less in the wet? Are tread patterns more about ease of manufacture rather than actual specific shape design? Would you have to be Valentino Rossi to distinguish between tread patterns? <i></i>
Stick--------With Bridgstones. Halls Gap great spot for a good ride just make sure you look out for skippy & his friends, have a good trip.(*_*) <i></i>
I'm actually running BT001s on my Bus.. Their life expectancy isn't that great You have to warm em up.. but OMG once you do the bike handles like it's on rails..

Closest tyres I've found to slicks <i></i>
Well I put a diablo corsa on front and the diablo on rear, I believe the front is were the most stress is on hence thats were I need the extra grip the rear is not as important than the front in my opinion. <i></i>