Speedo accuracy
Anyone had any experience with the accuracy of the gen II? My car (sold to part fund the Busa Yes) always read 5% high which annoyed the hell out of me and added untravelled k's to the clock. My 09 seems so far (only 2500 k's) to be about 10% over just judging against general traffic. I have two GPS's but have yet to sticky tape one on to see how it fares. I know the accuracy of the GPS can vary with conditions and satellite availabllity but it is worth a try.

Any experience?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Cant speak to the accuracy but you been doing about the same kms as me, I put mine in for a 6K km service tomorrow and I had it about twice as long as you. Nice ying yang animation as well.
My K8 speedo was accurate on GPS with a 41 tooth sprocket for the trip around Australia.

Stock its about 10% out on GPS.

Its out even further now as I'm running 17 - 45 on her just for fun in traffic. Bout time to fit my old speedo healer I think.
Or a veypor to read your speed/fuel mileage etc and unplug the speedoVery Happy.The gen1 reads close when you fit an 18 tooth front from a 17 and it actually reads high if you then add a 55profile rear.So when that speedo hit 300 on that track day it was really only doing about 265-270.
my gen 2 is spot on in relation to speedo and the odometer appears to be right.

reason i know is i got my 1st ticket in years on my gen 2 back in jan 08 and then checked it against the rifle/gun and i had no arguement other than the cop only taking 1km off.

on std gearing.

will get a speedohealer once sprockets are changed as per my gen 1 it read higher with gearing changes.
mine was 8% out origanally - I think thats the closest I have ever had on a bike usually it up around 12-15% out
Egos; everyone got one
Thanks for the responses.

Found the ying yang last night and it stood out to me as the best one. Most of the k's done are to Brisbane and back which would be OK except for the hour of idling at 2 kph for the next hour to get to the office. Don't know about the filtering except where there is a good verge at this stage so quite frustrating trying to balance for an hour at 2 kph.

I plan to get a Garmin bike GPS when $$ are right and maybe look in to this speedo healer toy.

What happened to the days of speedo pickup off the front wheel? I am guessing from the feedback that it is now final drive related so gear ratios play havoc with accuracy? If that is right it seems like a step backwards if recalibration isn't a standard feature on the bike.

I am a better person now armed with your collective feedback. Onward and upward! Thanks !!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
The speedo on my L2 is around 15 kiloflogitz out up around the 150 kiloflogit mark (efing anoyingWtf ). Was checked with two different GPS'.
Went for a ride with some blokes from kal (Members) and got the Twisted Angel up to- Speedo needle on stopper and Rev's at about
11,500. Anyone got any idea of how to work out groung speed?
OEM tyres and gearing.
Can this discretion be remidied?
Any help very welcome.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
the speedo on my 99 is so far out ,it points to 145ks when the gps tells me im doing 80k
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
You need to replace that speedo rev. Lol. Or stop leaving the GPS in the woman's car
Most vehicles, bikes included are produced with a 3+% reading on speedo as speed and speedo is actually a different thing (read up on physics)... The gov and manufacturers did an agreement many years ago to have this difference as standard to try to reduce speeding and ( believe it or not) the fines we get from speeding. It also allows a deviation of manufacturing accuracy that still leaves the speedo reading more than the actual speed. If at any stage a speedo is found to be reading LESS than the actual speed the vehicle is instantly given a defect notice that requires a full inspection.... Personally I don't care if for every 10,000 ks my speedo says I done 300 more.. That's only an extra 3k over a 100,000 k life....
The 3+% can be the difference between a fine or not!!!!!
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
When we were over in USA last month the bikes and car we hired were checked on the GPS and were found to be spot on! I'm guessing the states don't have that agreement?
I think our government believes the average Joe Blo is very stupid and must be protected from his/her own actions... And they make agreements with others to do this. Then again when you look at the defences of criminals I can understand why they think that way... "Wasn't my fault cause I had a bad upbringing/is addicted to.../the school I wagged didn't/no one stopped me.... Etc"
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(31-08-2013, 05:51pm)Batfink Wrote: I think our government believes the average Joe Blo is very stupid and must be protected from his/her own actions... And they make agreements with others to do this. Then again when you look at the defences of criminals I can understand why they think that way... "Wasn't my fault cause I had a bad upbringing/is addicted to.../the school I wagged didn't/no one stopped me.... Etc"

Nail on the head Tony.
Biggest problem of society these days, very few want to be responsible for their own actions. It's never their fault becauseViolin blah blah blah

If you are gonna do wrong just man up and own it, because no one made you do it.

Sorry fellas I'll step down off my soapbox now.Beer

BTW, my Gen 1 reads about 8% over.
My bike, being a hayabusa, is 100% accurate .. Coolsmiley

I just can't understand why everyone else on the road travels below the speed limit .. Pi_tongue