High pitched noise in fuel tank
Hey guys. Bought my K9 Busa new and its been faultless. Recently though it has developed this strange high pitched whining sound that is coming from within the fuel tank. Engine starts fine but the sound appears about a second later. It disappears after about 15 minutes of riding and doesn't reappear till next morning when cold again. No problems with power or startup. Can you tell me what's in there (fuel pump?) that could be responsible and is it hard to replace? Have lifted the tank on its prop and the noise is clearly inside the tank.
(20-10-2012, 08:37am)President Wrote: Hey guys. Bought my K9 Busa new and its been faultless. Recently though it has developed this strange high pitched whining sound that is coming from within the fuel tank. Engine starts fine but the sound appears about a second later. It disappears after about 15 minutes of riding and doesn't reappear till next morning when cold again. No problems with power or startup. Can you tell me what's in there (fuel pump?) that could be responsible and is it hard to replace? Have lifted the tank on its prop and the noise is clearly inside the tank.

It would definitely be a fuel pump. You might need to take it out and give it a good clean up. Lot of guys have flow problems lately. Can you get to the redline under load?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Yes Shifu it revs out freely with no missing or feeling short on power. I've not mucked around with it since new. Is it hard to remove?
Mine started out like that now just whines all the time, Had fuel pump checked out, tested, nothing wrong with it just noisy, its not effecting the bike at all, I still speed everywhere and evade police successfully and apart from some days being louder than others I ignore it Coolsmiley
(20-10-2012, 10:10am)BlackLilly Wrote: Mine started out like that now just whines all the time, Had fuel pump checked out, tested, nothing wrong with it just noisy, its not effecting the bike at all, I still speed everywhere and evade police successfully and apart from some days being louder than others I ignore it Coolsmiley

Mmmmm..Thanks Blacklilly. Not sure if I can ignore it. Glad it hasn't slowed you down though. Will keep an ear on it.
mine was whining and after 2 weeks did affect power....could not get past 7000rpm. Pulled the pump out, cleaned it out....did not change anything.
I used a fuel treatment for a few tanks which got me up to 9000rpm but even that was dodgy. Bought another pump from Ebay and all is good.

President, it's an easy job to replace the fuel pump.
Sounds like we need to put a few letters to Suzuki could end up being a safety problem if your fuel pump stops in the middle of high traffic .
BTW Suzuki want do anything just a thought
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(20-10-2012, 02:20pm)ROD Wrote: Sounds like we need to put a few letters to Suzuki could end up being a safety problem if your fuel pump stops in the middle of high traffic .

I'm questioning more along the lines of, WTF is going on with our fuel. Too many fuel pumps on this forum alone to be a coincedence now.

Considering that each bike is mixed Gen1 and GenII with all varied klm's it can't be a fault from Suzuki. It has to be the fuel causing problems.
(20-10-2012, 02:55pm)BikerBoy Wrote:
(20-10-2012, 02:20pm)ROD Wrote: Sounds like we need to put a few letters to Suzuki could end up being a safety problem if your fuel pump stops in the middle of high traffic .

I'm questioning more along the lines of, WTF is going on with our fuel. Too many fuel pumps on this forum alone to be a coincedence now.

Considering that each bike is mixed Gen1 and GenII with all varied klm's it can't be a fault from Suzuki. It has to be the fuel causing problems.

very good point, i only ever use BP ultimate or Vortex, i tried fuel additives, think i will have to just replace the pump Frown i ignore it but i dont trust that it wont just stop
my gen 1 has 108k on the clock and its running the original pump, and i only use vortex 98 as well.
hi pitched wining or squealing noise is probably the regulator , not the pump, they get a frequency up as they bypass fuel
some aftermarket stuff for turbo does it too, and i have similar on a hydraulic valve on one of my tractors
nothing to worry about, and any fuel pump problem would be a seperate issue
Love this forum Pi_thumbsup So much experience and knowledge that no matter what the problem is some guys here know it inside out Clap Have to say I started listening for it myself (just in case Lol3 ) Thanks Maj Trophy
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Fuel pumps, regulators, additives, vortexes? Will get my mechanic to look it over at next service and let you all know what he thinks. He's old school smart. Thanks for all your help guys.Clap
Mine just started a high pitched noise in pump.To weeks ago.still in warranty.Done 20 thou.a month and a bit warranty.left.Might see if I can score a new pump.
Mine is brand new.after100 kph as I accelerate it sounds Luke a turbo
No issues with power. I use whatever fuel is available. 98,95,91 if I have no choice.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!