Cost of shipping from overseas
Ever wondered why it cost so much to ship things from overseas? Below is the tracking record for my Quickshifter from UK.

It looks like instead straight to Australia (as you would naively expect) it went on a country trip in UK then to Germany and after some sourkraut and sausage Smitten it went to USA. There after short trip through two states it arrived in Melbourne. But then instead a short trip to Adelaide it realised that USA is a nice place, so it went back, this time to Hawaii for a short rest. It seems it is Australia now but who knows where it will end up next. Hopefully in Adelaide but then again there is so many places to see....Lol3

Botany, Australia 20/10/2012 10:59 Departure Scan
Honolulu, HI, United States 19/10/2012 8:38 Departure Scan
19/10/2012 6:20
Arrival Scan Louisville, KY, United States 19/10/2012 3:51 Departure Scan
Melbourne, Australia 19/10/2012 9:24 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance
Louisville, KY, United States 18/10/2012 11:09 Arrival Scan
Philadelphia, PA, United States 18/10/2012 9:28 Departure Scan
18/10/2012 7:48 Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany 18/10/2012 5:33 Departure Scan
18/10/2012 0:04 Arrival Scan
Castle Donnington, United Kingdom 17/10/2012 21:55 Departure Scan 17/10/2012 21:03 Export Scan 17/10/2012 20:50 Arrival Scan
Sheffield, United Kingdom 17/10/2012 19:37 Departure Scan
17/10/2012 15:30 Collection Scan
United Kingdom 17/10/2012 2:44 Order Processed: Ready for UPS
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Wow, that's incredible ..
Maybe when it got to Melbourne it was raining (as it always is Pi_tongue), so it thought f@ck this, I'm off to Hawaii ..

Shifu, do you want me to quickly rush up to Sydney and grab it before it decides to board a plane to the Bahamas .. Lol2
(20-10-2012, 11:41am)Dale Wrote: Wow, that's incredible ..
Maybe when it got to Melbourne it was raining (as it always is Pi_tongue), so it thought f@ck this, I'm off to Hawaii ..

Shifu, do you want me to quickly rush up to Sydney and grab it before it decides to board a plane to the Bahamas .. Lol2

Not sure what the fcuk is going on. Maybe they can not find Adelaide? By the time it gets here it will be like a second hand item with 100K on a clock Lol3 The thing is we are paying for it Pi_freak as the shipping companies no doubt claim cost inreases and blame it on the global financial crisis Wtf
What a efn joke.Lol2 someone needs to sort there crap outKnuppel2
every corner tells a story
I buy heaps from oversea's only had 1 problem I put the wrong post code in but it when back to US got fixed all was then ok it turned up, some US stuff has turned up in a few days most of it takes about two weeks
I had stuff from Germany at the door in 4 days by DHL. They seem to be the best.
Package travel update - it went from Sydney (Botany) to Melbourne today Pi_thumbsup

Melbourne, Australia 21/10/2012 14:37 Import Scan
Botany, Australia 20/10/2012 14:22 Arrival Scan 20/10/2012 11:00 Departure Scan
Lol3 Lol3

Heya Andrew...

sounds like your new quickshifter is a bit of a s'lut Eek........she wants to "do" the whole world, before she finally commits to settling down with you!?! Smitten

But that's ok, coz with all that extra action under her belt, she be heapz more "experienced" and when she eventually makes it home to you....she'll shift super quickly for you!!! Yes

Coolsmiley

(21-10-2012, 10:47pm)bazman Wrote: Lol3 Lol3

Heya Andrew...

sounds like your new quickshifter is a bit of a s'lut Eek........she wants to "do" the whole world, before she finally commits to settling down with you!?!
But that's ok, coz with all that extra action under her belt, she be heapz more "experienced" and when she eventually makes it home to you....she'll shift super quickly for you!!! Yes

Coolsmiley

You could be right man. This morning itracking says that it departed Melbourne but no indication as to the direction. Hopefuly not the Canary Islands Lol3
I did not realise NQX could influence parcels & destinations outside Australia as well....Scary

To say the least that is an incredible journey
How's the distance it travelled in only 3 days. That's surely gotta be a new world record......they sure did quickly shift that parcel.
I call bullshit.

Look at the time stamps as well as date.
listing not in chronological order.
how can it get from Melbourne to the states in 5 hours.
Space shuttle not flying anymore
(22-10-2012, 09:45am)Shifu Wrote:
(21-10-2012, 10:47pm)bazman Wrote: Heya Andrew...
sounds like your new quickshifter is a bit of a s'lut Eek........she wants to "do" the whole world, before she finally commits to settling down with you!?!
You could be right man. This morning itracking says that it departed Melbourne but no indication as to the direction. Hopefuly not the Canary Islands Lol3

Shit it just turned up at my place I'll send it back out Lol2 Lol2Lol2

Just Kidding
(22-10-2012, 03:42pm)tomrux Wrote: I call bullshit.

My guess would be that they can be nearly 24 hrs behind us so, it may be possible, not going to sit here & work it out though, time to go home & have a beer Very Happy.
(22-10-2012, 05:35pm)Zrex1200 Wrote:

My guess would be that they can be nearly 24 hrs behind us so, it may be possible, not going to sit here & work it out though, time to go home & have a beer Very Happy.

The time stamps are the local times at the locations. So go and have another beer
(22-10-2012, 07:51pm)Shifu Wrote:
(22-10-2012, 05:35pm)Zrex1200 Wrote:

The time stamps are the local times at the locations. So go and have another beer

And that is exactly what I mean't Very Happy
Too late for another beer now gotta start work & they won't let me...