Broken city footage ..
Update on the demolition status for the Christhurch CBD 06.11.11, still off limits to the general public , of the 1200 + buildings that are slated for demo they're about halfway there so plenty more to go down ...unbelievable ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2azyPwWr...re=related
Wow, Raphel....very interesting footage! Eek

I guess if there is anything good to come from all this carnage at all.....all the demolition and then re-building work should provide lots of employment and help to stimulate the local economy?!? Undecided

Coolsmiley

[quote='bazman' pid='254768' dateline='1320826860']

I guess if there is anything good to come from all this carnage at all.....all the demolition and then re-building work should provide lots of employment and help to stimulate the local economy?!? Undecided

Cheers Bazman , in theory, yes there should be some stimulation of the economy although there's currently a shortage of manpower to help with the demolition work . One problem is there's been an exodus of skilled workers from the city but there has been a lot of overseas assistance arrive to give us a hand , most welcomed.

7 months on now from the big rattle, the 're-build' for the CBD is'nt due to start until the 3rd quarter of '012, or thereabouts.

Here's some recent footage from last week that's quite interesting ...

http://cera.govt.nz/cbd-red-zone/vid...-cbd-bus-route

Coolsmiley

[/quote]

[quote='Raphel' pid='254846' dateline='1320901037']
[quote='bazman' pid='254768' dateline='1320826860']

Cheers Bazman , in theory, yes there should be some stimulation of the economy although there's currently a shortage of manpower to help with the demolition work . One problem is there's been an exodus of skilled workers from the city but there has been a lot of overseas assistance arrive to give us a hand , most welcomed.

7 months on now from the big rattle, the 're-build' for the CBD is'nt due to start until the 3rd quarter of '012, or thereabouts.

Here's some recent footage from last week that's quite interesting ...

Try this one ......

http://cera.govt.nz/cbd-red-zone/video-a...-bus-route
(09-11-2011, 05:31pm)Raphel Wrote: Update on the demolition status for the Christhurch CBD 06.11.11, still off limits to the general public , of the 1200 + buildings that are slated for demo they're about halfway there so plenty more to go down ...unbelievable ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2azyPwWr...re=related

New Footage from the Bus trip around the CBD in Christchurch, note the abscene of traffic and pedestrians = eerie ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9g_a7uPeps

Incredible its like a ghost town
(11-12-2011, 07:13pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Incredible its like a ghost town

It is a Ghost town mate ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3-Kdt5XpHo
Where is all the rubble being dumped?

Cheers Ruffy
(13-12-2011, 06:26pm)Ruffy Wrote: Where is all the rubble being dumped?

Cheers Ruffy

We have A and B train trucks - High Side and mostly side- marked in big words 'DEMOLITION' tracking through to an area North-west of the city to an area where the public is excluded still, and dumping there. Running 24/7 .....

Did you see the Vid mate ?

I was watching it at work and got distracted - will look at it again now.

Cheers Ruffy
(13-12-2011, 08:35pm)Ruffy Wrote: I was watching it at work and got distracted - will look at it again now.

Cheers Ruffy

Apologies Ruffy, I have no idea why my link was deleted = Wtf ?

Pi_thumbsdown
Here we go again .....

We were having our break-up for Xmas today when the first big rattle hit , car's were bouncing up and down and dust everywhere ... the second, bigger one, had me on the floor .. the TV that fell off the table missed me but only just .

Good news is the 'Busa was Ok so I'm relieved.

Maybe not so good for other residents and home owners here in ChCh, this may be the fabled straw that lands on the back of a camel.

Rigged up with plenty of water and torch's etc , might be a bumpy night - fingers crossed Ha ha
(09-11-2011, 06:21pm)bazman Wrote: .....all the demolition and then re-building work should provide lots of employment and help to stimulate the local economy?!? Undecided
Coolsmiley
Well, without even looking at the video, and having worked with heaps of Kiwis, they all tell me that the Kiwi construction / labor market is flooded with heaps of Chinese immigrants & you can't even get a job unless your name's Who Flung Dung or Chow Che By.
Yeah, even our neighbours across the Tasman have a Kevin Crudd look a like problem Roll

Thats just crazy.....
Unreal to think that could happen in place like ChCh or anywhere in the 1st world!!!

Best of luck with the recent rattles Ralph...
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
(24-12-2011, 06:53am)Tyronm Wrote: Thats just crazy.....
Unreal to think that could happen in place like ChCh or anywhere in the 1st world!!!

Best of luck with the recent rattles Ralph...

Cheers Guys, 29 + aftershocks today so we've cancelled the Christmas thing tomorrow at our pad , had a few cancelations today for some reason so.....

We're jumping on the 'Busa tomorrow and heading out of town to sit by a river somewhere and have a picnic ...Can't wait

Take it easy and Merry Christmas !

R
Not to mention that some of the riders over there are having to secure their bikes to the ground when parking them so they dont tip over during these aftershocks, I know thats the least of their problems but still, more stress, worring about seeing your toy lowsided when you get of of bed in the morning. Yikes.