Touring cases for busa????
Hi all.. Looking at kitting up my baby for some long distance riding with my woman.... Can't seem to find any hard cases for back and sides that look any good on the busa, anyone found anything good?
Need to keep the curves of the girl going so all those boxes won't do, it will be like making Halle berry wear a hessian bag. Still look god but no where near as sexy LOL

If nothing is it there I will just have to get some styrene and fibre glass to make my own...

Hints, ideas and requests happily taken for is project
Yes
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Seen several different option.
Some ugly universal, some Busa specific.
Mostly US and not cheap.

Such as:
http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/sgsx13r8bag.shtml

[Image: busabox.jpg]
Yeah I've seen the Corbin "Beetle Bags" before too but you don't see any change from a couple of grand from memory!!!
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
I think I will makes a template for some then..they do look like they belong and have given me some shape ideas
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I have these for sale from my K6.

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=19094

3 x 47 litre cases (think 2 full face helmets each case). Krauser brand. Maybe not as flash looking as the Beetle Bags but they hold a shit-load more.

Mounts will fit 99-07 model Gen 1 Busa

pm me if you are interested
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Not sure if soft luggage would work for you, but even after 10 yrs of use, I still like the ability to pull the luggage off. Ventura Rack on the rear has proved a quick favorite

These are the RKA expandable 50L models.

[Image: 7941464662_3aa12bc093_b.jpg]
I have looked and looked... The beetle bags are really nice but seems there lines are set up for the Gen2 only :(
Thanks for the offer on your bags Bus, sry I was so slow in getting back to ya (life gets busy but always can ride).

So............ time to get out the sketch pad, get some block of styrene and start playing with designs. So far I am thinking one of to ways to go
1. create a subframe on bike to handle cases and leave seat as it is. This will make it relatively easy and I only need to think of box shapes but you know us busa riders.... easy ain't the only way LOL
2. remove seat and create a complete new seat assembly with moulded cases tht clips into existing seat latches and probably hooks to exhauste brcket somewhere (still scratching head over this). Bonus is that with a couple of modified alligator clips the whole thing should come off with 2 screws and the seat key... maybe even add a light coupler so all lights can be on new seat??

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

hey batfink if you're looking at long distance with the missus on the back, have you considered a bike trailer. Seen some awesome ones on Busa's
crop up in the past few years, and also I think that's what BusyBusa has just done. Would be good for making things a liitle less cramped for you both.

here's a few quick pics from google images of what I mean.

[Image: shown_open.jpg]
[Image: 155098d1250920697-uni-go-trailer-hitch-b...ailers.jpg]
[Image: 146741d1245620819-busa-trailer-hitch-trailer-hitch.jpg]
What cool little things, looks like the busa's had a baby......

"A Busa took my baaaaby.." sry bad joke LOL

The missus has not been on bikes before, so it will be a while before "long" rides are planned so I got time to play with ideas. Looking also at making the back seat feel a bit more supportive so she can relax a bit, she keeps looking at Harley pussy bars... and I will NOT give up my busa for a hog!!!!
Trailers have ne thever really appealled to me, always had the attitude "if it wont fit on the bike, it can't come", but thx for ideas. I guess as we get older we get more flexable in mind and less in body LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(18-12-2012, 09:56am)Batfink Wrote: The missus has not been on bikes before, so it will be a while before "long" rides are planned ..

Tony, You are in Tasmania ..
seriously man .. How far can you go ??? Lol3 .. laps ?? Lol2

Actually mate, I'll be down there in Feb for a cruise with Rod and the Tas boys, so I hope to catch up with ya Pi_thumbsup. I'll be putting my girl on the boat .. that 400k jump doesn't sound too appealling Pi_tongue
all we nned are a few more and we might be able to line em up nose to tail form Lonnie to Hobart LOL

but seriously.. I have a bro in Fremantle and wanna ride over there plus friends in Darwin and Townsville.. hehehehe is tht long enough for ya?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(18-12-2012, 08:54am)Batfink Wrote: I have looked and looked... The beetle bags are really nice but seems there lines are set up for the Gen2 only :(
Thanks for the offer on your bags Bus, sry I was so slow in getting back to ya (life gets busy but always can ride).

So............ time to get out the sketch pad, get some block of styrene and start playing with designs. So far I am thinking one of to ways to go
1. create a subframe on bike to handle cases and leave seat as it is. This will make it relatively easy and I only need to think of box shapes but you know us busa riders.... easy ain't the only way LOL
2. remove seat and create a complete new seat assembly with moulded cases tht clips into existing seat latches and probably hooks to exhauste brcket somewhere (still scratching head over this). Bonus is that with a couple of modified alligator clips the whole thing should come off with 2 screws and the seat key... maybe even add a light coupler so all lights can be on new seat??
Gen 1
http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/gsxr1300bags.shtml
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Hi

You can look at the brand Givi fits the two models Gen1 and Gen2 just another container.
Givi V35 side case

See photos
Gen2 holder of SW-Motech

Greetings Fester

once again I hav ebeen proven wrong LOL thx Wardie.... Being a cheap ass I don;t like the price tag ($1699 + delivery) probably end up getting them after I have wasted $500 or so playing with trying to make my own. But wheres the fun in just buying something????
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(19-12-2012, 08:13am)Batfink Wrote: once again I hav ebeen proven wrong LOL thx Wardie.... Being a cheap ass I don;t like the price tag ($1699 + delivery) probably end up getting them after I have wasted $500 or so playing with trying to make my own. But wheres the fun in just buying something????

coupla milk crates, some duct tape and a tarp....$30 at Bunnings Pi_tongue