2012 Tathra: Saturday Ride Briefing
Exclamation 
ATTENTION ALL TATHRA ATTENDIES

Hi All,

In an effort to provide a ride briefing for the Saturday Ride at Tathra next week end I have Google Mapped the route. Please follow this link:
http://goo.gl/maps/5z0NJ

It is the same ride we did the first year but in a clockwise direction.

Please have a good look at the map, and streetview points C & D in particular.

Point C is the turn off to Imlay Road about 25 google kilometres south of the roundabout at Eden. Eek

Point D is about 56 kilomtres from the Imlay Road turn off. This corner tightens up and and when you exit the corner you are facing a one-lane bridge. Scary

Also, be aware of wildlife on Imlay Road and the ride from Bombala back to Pambula.

I am not a fast rider so I dare say there will be lots of riders in front of me, so if you study the map, and streetview the various turn offs, Points C & D, and any other areas you may wish to as you study the map, you will know where to go.

I'm thinking a fuel and regroup stop in Eden at the servo near the roundabout. That way those who have bikes that use a lot of fuel you should be right to get to at least Pambula/Merribula on the way back before you need to refuel again. Also, at times Bombala has been know to run short of 98 premium fuel and only have E10.

A lunch stop could be at Bombala???

Departure time is open but I think 10:00 am sounds good.

So please study the route, and enjoy the "RIDE" on the day. Remember it is not a race.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
There's a bloody truck at the turn off sign to Imlay road!!! I'll just be looking for that Pi_freak !!
From Memory that Imlay road (in the opposite direction) was sheer cornering magic bliss!
Are there any any stray chrome bolts still laying laying about on that one lane bridge???? Lol2

[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
At least someone looked. At least you know what the approach should look like (minus the truck) so you can slow to impulse speed in time.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Yeah, that all looks good, Les Pi_thumbsup......& Bombala for lunch looks very do-able, too!! Yes

You've certainly been a busy boy with the google maps, mate!!! Clap

Coolsmiley
BUMP
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Good work Les.Pi_thumbsup

Thanks for posting this. Makes a HUGE difference when you know the roads beforehand.
Les looks good just one small question why clockwise (not that there is anything wrong with that)
Cheers
Wm Coach
Looks like I'll meet up with the pack at Bombala for lunch.

I will be leaving the Central Coast early Saturday morning. See ya dwn there... Hope to be in a group picture too. My son Linden is riding with me too, so I have to take it easy........This is going to be his first long distance run.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
(04-12-2012, 06:04pm)Coach Wrote: Les looks good just one small question why clockwise (not that there is anything wrong with that)
Cheers

Something different to the direction we went before thats pretty much it.

Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Wish I could be there for the ride guys, Les, looks like you're on the money with the route.
Be safe everyone and remember - don't get sucked into going hard, remember what happened last year.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Quote:Be safe everyone and remember - don't get sucked into going hard, remember what happened last year.

Is this a hardcore ride or a sensible speed limit ride ? Please advise.
I gather by posting it up for possibly every HWY patrol officer south of Canberra to read and see the route details and times it leaves little option other than to strickly adhere to speed limits otherwise risk Police
I posted the ride route so that riders would have a chance to study the route before hand. This way everybody would know where to go. With me being a slow rider I would not be in a position to lead the ride as I would hold everone else up.

I thought this would be the best option as we would not have the facilities to use googlemaps and streetview in Tathra.

Hardcore or sensible? ME personally, I'm going with the sensible option. Others can ride how they like.

1/ I am just offering up the route and providing the route details,
2/ I am not telling people how to ride,
3/ People make their own decisions as to whether or not they do the ride, and if they ride, how they ride,
4/ I am not responsible for what happens to you in any way.

If people want to plan another (secret) ride route, bring it to Tathra and feel free to do the briefing themselves on the Friday night or Saturday morning.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Hey guys,

Did the same run a couple of weeks ago. On Bombala-Cathcart Road, about 20 km heading before the Monaro turn off there is a hell of a pot hole. It trashed my mates rear rim and blew out his tyre, some of were lucky and received no damage. That day no blues were seen as well FYI.
(06-12-2012, 07:26am)jamdonut Wrote: Hey guys,

Did the same run a couple of weeks ago. On Bombala-Cathcart Road, about 20 km heading before the Monaro turn off there is a hell of a pot hole. It trashed my mates rear rim and blew out his tyre, some of were lucky and received no damage. That day no blues were seen as well FYI.

You better keep an eye out for that one Franko Pi_tongueCoolsmiley
Quote:Hardcore or sensible? ME personally, I'm going with the sensible option. Others can ride how they like.

Yes i agree with the sensible option . The last loop ride i did the year before last Tathra everyone road sensibly and within there own limits and we had a good ride Biker

Quote:On Bombala-Cathcart Road, about 20 km heading before the Monaro turn off there is a hell of a pot hole.

I have been told by a local the other week the Mt darrah to bombala road is broken up and rough in various places.