NRMA (Qld)
Insurance is due so thought I'd look around.
I'm currently with CGU & this yr they've increased my premium by $100 for no reason.
I know NRMA are always WAY expensive, but I thought I call anyway.
Over 40, $400 excess, $11,900 value, Rating 1, yadda yadda.....
They first quoted $1685.00
I told them what my curent premium was & told them what I had paid previously. They asked me to send a copy of my current renewall notice ($484 with CGU)
Within 10 mins NRMA rang me back & said they will offer me full comp for $435.00

Absolutely amazing how they can reduce the premium by $1250.00 at the drop of a hat.
I always get a cheaper quote to bash my insurance over the head with. QBE have been OK with me so I will stay with them for as long as that remains the case. Insuremyride has always a good company to get a quote from to do the bashing with... to date.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
It just shows what a con artists they all are.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(18-12-2012, 09:14am)Louwai Wrote: Insurance is due so thought I'd look around.
I'm currently with CGU & this yr they've increased my premium by $100 for no reason.
I know NRMA are always WAY expensive, but I thought I call anyway.
Over 40, $400 excess, $11,900 value, Rating 1, yadda yadda.....
They first quoted $1685.00
I told them what my curent premium was & told them what I had paid previously. They asked me to send a copy of my current renewall notice ($484 with CGU)
Within 10 mins NRMA rang me back & said they will offer me full comp for $435.00

Absolutely amazing how they can reduce the premium by $1250.00 at the drop of a hat.

UPDATE:
Yesterday NRMA neglected to tell me that they have a marketing campaign on now.
They will beat any confirmed renewal by 10%. So you have to provide them with a copy of your renewall notice.
Not just a quote from someone else.