HI from a new busa ownet
Day guys and gals.I bit the bullet and bought a bus a.I come from the gixxer 1000 crowd, so am a bit apprehensive.I pick up the bike on the 24 Dec 2012 from penrith and ride it to newman WA.(:am single and can do whatever I want).lol. the route has to be point to point as I will have a travel permit. So its through the twisties to rockhampton them to NT via Mt Isa
.Katherine to Brooke to newman. Its DD from 24rh.are the putty and other twisty roads heavily policed? Unlike 5 yrs ago? Also fuel range what might I expect if I behave myself?.
Knowing its festive season and ppl r busy if I get a chance to have a coffee with any of u it would be great
Merry Xmas and a super new year to everyone!
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Welcome aboard...
I am jealous of your first ride.. it wont take you long to feel out the bike and get ass sores LOL

from what I know a gen1 can get high 300's to 400's per tank on a open cruise.. u will have to ask gen2 ridiers about theirs..

when I got mine last year it was only getting 200's from a tank as the injectors were dirty ass and it was running MAJOR rich
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Welcome to the AHC storm,

What a time to buy a busa, DD week Police Lol3

What model bus did you buy?, brand newy or pre-loved ??

Enjoy her, and I hope to catch up with you someday Pi_thumbsup

Cheers .. Dale
Brand new:2012.wanted black but the decals etc look dull and couldn't wait so got the candy red. I visit my daughter in nsw and love riding so here we go.any recommdations for better brake pads?

Congrats on the new purchase Storm Clap

EBC HH pads get recommended a bit here - plan on putting a set in mine soon with some braided lines

Cheers
Welcome. Pics when u can. Nice color choice
ps i will say a little prayer that u dont get bitten by the BLING BUG. It's very catchy around here. lol
Welcome to the club
Should be able to achieve 400 out of a tank no worries.

Safe ride mate, go easy.... It's not the cops that will be your biggest problem... It's all the tools that are out and about for the holiday period.
Welcome mate, You can lose points on anything regardless of what it is.
I have not lost points on my bikes ever, neither on my SS dunnydore with the HSV kit and kaboodle, nor my WRX.

However I did lose points when I sold my Hilux on the spot and was left carless and out of urgency bought an immaculate 1989 red Pulsar Q from an old granny. This damn F*&^%$ car, got crashed twice, I got done by a speed camera, and it finally got written off. Responsible person for that was a granny who had a seizure when she left Ford's service driveway and went onto the main road at Brookvale and did a U turn into my parked shitbox and wrote it off. It had a good aftermarket CD stacker which I miss to this day.

Putty Road, full of police, you would get done there some days even if you sped in a Mazda 121, as well as that you might even get defected the way it is there at the moment, etc... aftermarket speed stripes on it, police are going overboard there with entrapment and defects.
Welcome to the Club. Watch out for the Police on the busa especially this time of the year.
5 years ago I 'ran in 'my bikes on the putty, mangrove mountains etc.my mech always told me to ride it like I stile it to thermal cycle the components. Jeez its a different world now eh? The plan was go from y mangrovemountains to Gloucester to armidale to Grafton to byron as I have to pick up my wet weather gear and a few new items I have kept there.murwillambah to nerang to beau desert to towoomba to long reach to boulia to my is a.then on to NT and its a straight run weather permitting.seems like I might need new tyres if I make it so far without cop hazzle. What's the weather in qld like now?
Off topic I went shopping for m/c gear.MC accessories in auburn.cheap as chips great stuff.

Hope you enjoy the new toy. I still reckon you have to ride em in pretty hard, but don't flog them, and don't sit at constant revs - pretty hard with the trip ahead of you.
After the Gixer the 'busa will feel easy, but that's how it catches people out, watch that speedo!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Hey Another Westy Welcome to the Club Storm...

Mate nice way to tun the bike in.. Enjoy the run home and if you like riding maybe you should catch up with some of us WA Guys for the Busa Run later next year... Nov 2013.

Anyway have a safe run mate and enjoy hope the weather turns it on for you.

Cheers Rev004
Give us a heads up when your nearing beaudesert. Will be happy to catch up and soak up a few Km's with you.
Sure Ryan.will let you know.looking forward to the ride and catching up with like minded folks.!