Boxing Day Ride Melbourne - Wed 26th Dec
All welcome.
Heading off to meet Tim and others at Healesville Beechworth Bakery at 10am. From there you can choose to go on for a longer ride or come back from there. Your choice. Sing out if interested and we can meet others along the way or at Healesville.
Apologies for the late notice.
Dammit..... didn't see this post till 11am......... maybe next time. Next time I'm in Vic that is!!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
just me and Tim rocked up, Healesville Alexandra Yea and home. A quick 350ks. And a forum member popped over before we left at Healesville to say hello. Nice to meet you Rob (Hope I got the name right!)
Top day for it. A few cops around but we were well behaved anyway.
[Image: 40943651301997205164715.jpg]
Everyone would've been slowing down seeing two white bikes at a distance I bet.
(26-12-2012, 01:47pm)DjPete Wrote: just me and Tim rocked up, Healesville Alexandra Yea and home. A quick 350ks. And a forum member popped over before we left at Healesville to say hello. Nice to meet you Rob (Hope I got the name right!)
Top day for it. A few cops around but we were well behaved anyway.
[Image: 40943651301997205164715.jpg]

Nice to meet you guys too!
Had a great ride home; didn't want to get off - know the feeling?
Beau, i didnt notice that but we sure got a determined stare from an undercover cop on a bike as we went past at legal speed just before Yea. His bike was unmarked and no uniform but he had police badges on his jacket, maybe its compulsory to do this now. Yeah Captain it was a great day for riding not too hot, no wind, hopefully catch you at the next one.
Great day for riding DJ
finally got out of the harvester for a day and blew off some steam
we did a lap of Eildon started in Wang, then Whitfield, Mansfield , Jamison, Eildon, home.

stopped twice for breathtests, roadblocks at Mansfield and Eildon but otherwise the roads were fairly quiet, barely a car from Mansfield to Eildon
then struck traffic hell for the 30 or so kms on the Maroondah hwy from Yark to Merton

Back harvesting today :(
Gooday Maj. I would have thought those salt runs would be enough to let off steam! Hows that all going? You must be running out of space for all those trophies. :-)
Harvesting and racing. You have the yin and the yan there in balance.

We almost went to Whitfield too but Tim felt sorry for me and my bung finger so he shortened it.
What are you riding on the road these days? Still the blue black?
(27-12-2012, 07:39am)DjPete Wrote: Gooday Maj. I would have thought those salt runs would be enough to let off steam! Hows that all going? You must be running out of space for all those trophies. :-)
Harvesting and racing. You have the yin and the yan there in balance.

We almost went to Whitfield too but Tim felt sorry for me and my bung finger so he shortened it.
What are you riding on the road these days? Still the blue black?

Greg sold the Blue/Black to me Pete, I wrapped it around a tree in Tassie early last year. It's now back at Greg's place getting it up and running minus the turbo. Greg has a Gen 2 and I think a ZX14.
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
oh thanks for the update Pete. Hope you're ok? See I told you accidents DO happen. :-(
Yeah i should be able to put some time into Petes bike next week, he has been very patient while i have been busy
i was on the 08 ,
The 14 is another race only , making its first salt meet in mid feb as a naked turbo bike with our Californian buddy Jim riding

Thats the third time we have gone around Eildon, first in 06 when there was 30 km of dirt, but since then they have finished the tar
and its a good ride
appreciate the update Maj. PS Nice avatar pc