Anyone willing to show me how to ride a busa in wa?
(29-12-2012, 08:57pm)Ranger Wrote: Got to say mine feels a bit less nimble at anything less than 41 psi in each tyre. each to there own of course, nothing wrong with that at all. running dunlop super max11, very happy with them.

Steve..//

PS have hit the rev limiter many times, mainly second gear....
Hard to pay attention to road, rev gauge and awsome sound all at same time........
im sure everyone on here knows Nigel,aka MONO ,he runs Dunlops to the max ,and he shreds em ,that guy can ride,always fun chasing him,lol

Ward hit the nail on the head.the bus a can be flicked into corner hard.keep the throttle rolling smooth and take your tine getting used to the bike. Do CSS and you will enjoy riding more!
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

You should have kept your 600 it would have been perfect to learn how to ride faster
learning on the Busa will hold you back dont get me wrong you will end up going ok
with it but your potential as a rider would have been better served on the small bike
to start with 18 months is not very long at all buy another 600 get it on the track
my 2 cents
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Took the bike to Marty and he set up the suspension for me.
Now the bike is so much better to handle. I m more confident on leaning in corner.

Will continue practice tho
(31-12-2012, 03:49pm)Driller Wrote: You should have kept your 600 it would have been perfect to learn how to ride faster
learning on the Busa will hold you back dont get me wrong you will end up going ok
with it but your potential as a rider would have been better served on the small bike
to start with 18 months is not very long at all buy another 600 get it on the track
my 2 cents

I agree with Driller. Better to learn to ride a slow(er) bike fast before you jump on a fast bike. Just remember it's heavy. Takes longer to slow down. (think stopping distances between a truck and a car) Only commit 90% to a corner, leave yourself the other 10% for 'what if'. Corners..... 'slow in, fast out' is way better than 'fast in, oops I'm in the shit' out!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
The trick in the cornet to practice is once u flick the bike in, regardless of its size can you rill the throttle on progressively?the bike will hold its line. Its rider input that destabilize s the bike.Do CSS.then practice.or u will end up practicing wring technique.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Hey Connorl Marty Moose set my bike up as well and yes made all the difference he's very good at getting the basics done and then fine tuning from there.

Probably one thing to keep practising is and is something that I continually work on is to keep the eyes up and look through the corners to where you want go makes a big difference and will smooth the corners out and is one of the things that instructors and that will harp on about.

Glad to here that your feeeling more confident with the bike..

Cheers Rev004

(31-12-2012, 09:33pm)connorl Wrote: Took the bike to Marty and he set up the suspension for me.
Now the bike is so much better to handle. I m more confident on leaning in corner.

Will continue practice tho

Book in for some track days, people will help you there Coolsmiley
i am still alive after all these years.... Very Happy

i actually did the level 1 trakdayz at barbagallo.
it helps a lot.

wish i have more spare money to go back and do more.
stupid house and other commitments.

so back to the beginning.

who wanna go for a ride? i only can follow....
(17-01-2014, 11:03am)connorl Wrote: i am still alive after all these years.... Very Happy

i actually did the level 1 trakdayz at barbagallo.
it helps a lot.

wish i have more spare money to go back and do more.
stupid house and other commitments.

so back to the beginning.

who wanna go for a ride? i only can follow....

Is it not the most fun you can ever have!! Yes - after my 1st session on the track I spent 10 minutes looking over my shoulder thinking "something this much fun must surely be illegal!"
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(28-12-2012, 06:32pm)connorl Wrote: Hi there,
Have had my 2011 busa for a while now.
Would like someone who has a busa in wa show me how to ride it on twisty.

Mainly body positioning.

Thanks

That's not a really good question to ask around here !
There's gonna be a lot of activity on this one!
I think you'll figure it out ok yourself , mate !

(28-12-2012, 06:32pm)connorl Wrote: Hi there,
Have had my 2011 busa for a while now.
Would like someone who has a busa in wa show me how to ride it on twisty.

Mainly body positioning.

Thanks

That's not a really good question to ask around here !
There's gonna be a lot of activity on this one!
I think you'll figure it out ok yourself , mate !
Haven't actually read any other posts other than your initial question, but one one thing for sure I've learnt with a busa is that, it's entirely up to you.
For me....different corners yield different ways for my body position and throttle control. The busa isn't a bike that can be handled by suggestions on 'how to ride one'........it takes experience on one to figure it out for yourself and learn how you affect it. It's not a typical animal, so it can't be treated like one.... or expected that anyone can tell you how to handle it by yourself.
Fully agree there is no absolute correct way to corner or ride...any bike not just a Busa. Road conditions dictate what line to take, mid corner corrections, and the like. Often there are things to avoid...like bloody pea gravel.

You are most welcome to come on rides with me...I am down Mandurah way ATM but that will change in about 6 months or so. I am free most weekdays and weekends are usually OK too.

The inland rides to Dwellingup etc are very popular...roads are curvey rather than twisty so you can get an easier leaning learning experience....try saying that when you're pissed!!!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(17-01-2014, 10:44pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Haven't actually read any other posts other than your initial question, but one one thing for sure I've learnt with a busa is that, it's entirely up to you.
For me....different corners yield different ways for my body position and throttle control. The busa isn't a bike that can be handled by suggestions on 'how to ride one'........it takes experience on one to figure it out for yourself and learn how you affect it. It's not a typical animal, so it can't be treated like one.... or expected that anyone can tell you how to handle it by yourself.

Yes would have to agree the Big Bore Bikes like the Busa require some learning especially when pushing fast and the Busa is very good at sucking you in as it's very easy to get into some serious territory and not realise that you are there if your not paying attention.

I have found them to be very forgiving which has also surprised me but from my experience I've found that the lighter bikes are a lot easier to ride, I rode a 1000rr Honda just recently and couldn't believe how easy it was to ride fast and how easy they tipped in compared to the Busa yes completely different bikes but this come back to what BikerBoy mentioned you need to learn what the Busa is about and what works for you as everyone is different.

(18-01-2014, 01:09pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Fully agree there is no absolute correct way to corner or ride...any bike not just a Busa. Road conditions dictate what line to take, mid corner corrections, and the like. Often there are things to avoid...like bloody pea gravel.

You are most welcome to come on rides with me...I am down Mandurah way ATM but that will change in about 6 months or so. I am free most weekdays and weekends are usually OK too.

The inland rides to Dwellingup etc are very popular...roads are curvey rather than twisty so you can get an easier leaning learning experience....try saying that when you're pissed!!!

Yes Steve they are nice roads up there but I don't like riding them on weekends toooooo many dick heads I haven't ridden up there on a weekend since the run that I was on with you and Horndog and co when I just about had the head on with some clowns running too hot into corners coming the other way and just thank my lucky stars that I had slowed marginally coming into the corner because if I hadn't it would have been all over for me probably.

In saying that I do enjoy getting up there during the week when I do get out not much traffic and the roads are pretty much yours.

Conner do work shift as I know there is quite a few on here from WA that work shift and we keep talking about doing a weekday ride but just don't seem to pull it together. I can't wait for the school holidays to finish as I wouldn't mind getting out for a ride haven't been out since the Nov Busa Run.
I have an RC51 and a K1200S. If you can ride a BMW K1200, you can ride a Hayabusa. They are actually very responsive, but they can bite you. Just have to control that throttle SMOOTHLY!