The new ride
Hi Guys This morning me and the missus drove down to Mandurah and picked up my new(second hand) bike and rode home in shit heat that had me sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market. Some details on the bike......shes a 2000 model with a custom blue paint, 1397 big bore with brock d cams, pc3, full yoshi, polished wheels, polished frame, quickshifter and im sure theres other stuff ive missed but im sure i will find it over time. Plans so far are to sort out an issue it has with eating exhaust side buckets. Once this is done ill be getting some new front discs, brake pads, some braided brake lines, maybe new wheel bearings allround, maybe some heavier front springs, new exhaust like a full brock set up or maybe a HMF big bird to try suit the bigger motor better than the yoshi. and most importantly spend some time doing a full service, strip the fairings off and go over everything give it a bit of an inspection and clean, check the chain and sprockets and just spend some quality alone time just me and the bike. I have yet to name her but im sure something fitting will pop into my head. some pics below and ill get a few more tomorrow or day after.

Regards

Dan
That's a sweet ride well done
Congrats Dan on your new toy, tinkering is also half the fun, enjoy.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Congratulations on the arrival of your new toy Clap You will have soething to do in the new year by the looks of things. Enjoy Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Oh no!
Dan's really back now!
Sweating like a blind lesbian at a fish market........that's gold......can I use that one?
Nice bike Dan, by the way.
She looks beaut Dantheman, hope she looks after both of you.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Looks great Dan, be interested to find out why its eating the ex. buckets though??
Thanks guys im pretty excited by it all really! and yes Pan it is a bit of a worry isnt it!

Zoro. In the tech section ive posted up and had some good replies but it looks like there maybe be a number of issues. Possibly the incorrect springs being either to heavy or perhaps they are to light and may not be the 70lb ones, springs may be to tall and binding to quick, valve guides may be to long or incorrect installation/run in. so my plan is to take it all apart check it all over while its open replace guides and springs see how it goes. if the cam needs replacing i might chuck in a new ex cam and lube it right up and give it a good run in. then hopefully all my problems will be goneVery Happy
Regards

Dan
sweet Dan Welcome back to the busa world enjoy your new toy Pi_thumbsup
Cant remember but is this your first busa after the 109
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Nope this is the third since the man magnet 109
Fourth if you count a roller lol
Regards

Dan
another one I took yesterday

Regards

Dan
(03-01-2013, 11:10pm)Dan85 Wrote: another one I took yesterday

Hey Dan looks the goods mate would be good to get out for a run once you get everything sorted and then you can get ready for the Busa Run Very Happy