Gen II Bembo Calipers
Has anyone done the swap to Brembo's on a gen II? I've just received the kit from Super bike toy store but it doesn't contain spacers or caliper bolts which I thought were required?
Is it a straight swap or am I missing parts?
Thanks in advance guys.
You may be the first doing this, so take photos as you go and educate the rest of us!
(03-01-2013, 02:36pm)pan Wrote: You may be the first doing this, so take photos as you go and educate the rest of us!

Will do mate Very Happy
Shiftu has brembo's on his Gen2
Looking at the kit looks like you need the spacers and bolts

[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...ght=Brembo
Are the brembos that good, I have the braided lines, wave rotors, ebc hh pads and it stops on the dime.
Can't you just measure the caliper against the std item?
All sorted, the bits were missing and were missing and are now winging their way to me! I'll post pic of the swap if anyone's interested?
(05-01-2013, 03:12am)crozzer Wrote: All sorted, the bits were missing and were missing and are now winging their way to me! I'll post pic of the swap if anyone's interested?

Please do mate .. Pi_thumbsup
(03-01-2013, 06:52pm)jamdonut Wrote: Are the brembos that good, I have the braided lines, wave rotors, ebc hh pads and it stops on the dime.

from my experience ( on my TLR ) the difference is Day & Night, i had wave rotors, brembo 4 pad 4 piston callipers,( off 998 ducati ) brembo radial master cylinder, hi temp fluid & braided lines. IMO from the stock tokico set up to what i had i could stop in 1/2 the distance.
Believe it or not there are callipers and there are callipers. if you get a chance to experience it you will know. Again my imo well worth the money.

when i buy my Hayabusa this will be one of my first mod's.
All done and the difference is instantly noticeable, far better feel and bite. Fro those considering it the included calliper spacers are crap! I used the 7.5mm spacers from this guy,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271061115058?ite...m=&vxp=mtr

To make them fit correctly I took 1mm off the aluminium dowel that sits in the bottom of the fork leg.
Okay, Im interested now in the Brembos, where do you get em? Will I have to strip some HSV Clubsport or GT Falcon in the carpark to get my hands on some or what?
(03-01-2013, 06:52pm)jamdonut Wrote: Are the brembos that good, I have the braided lines, wave rotors, ebc hh pads and it stops on the dime.

rembos on my Gen 1 took it from being a mediocre braker to a dime stopper. Yes they are that good. Lines, wave rotors and decent pads will help but the Brembo's are just the best you can get as a package and will give you the maximum braking system your bike can have.
What I'm trying to say is - the little things all help until you put calipers on and that completes and excellent package - you get what you pay for.. on a Gen 1.

Can't speak to the Gen2s as yet.

Max