Evaluation
I took my 99 red/black (14,600 Km) to a dealer today and was offered seven grand. Maybe I need to keep this bike!
Any opinions?
Yes, you do need to keep it, but more than that......you need to RIDE it more often!! Pi_freak Pi_tongue Pi_freak

Coolsmiley
Unless you just want a new bike or no longer wish to ride then its a good bike to keep. It's provably not going the depreciate much more and from new price you have not lost that much on a per year bases. Thats only 1000 kms / year. You need to ride it more often.
(09-01-2013, 10:40pm)Dennis Wrote: I took my 99 red/black (14,600 Km) to a dealer today and was offered seven grand. Maybe I need to keep this bike!
Any opinions?

There are some very keen collectors who would pay much more on the East Coast.
Maybe you could float it on BikeSales for a figure around $10,000 and you may get it if you can afford to wait!
(like others have said, I would keep it at that exchange rather than part)
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Dealers will (obviously) always give you peanuts. I'm with Busgo. Advertise it... it's definitely worth more. It's just a matter of getting the details in front of the right buyer.
Its a buyers market at the moment and you will only have some nut trying to knock you down on price.
But you could be lucky also you don't have to sell the bike if you get insultedKnuppel2
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
Keep the thing, with so few kays on it, it's not even run in yet! You have the fastest Gen 1 Busa with the most street cred. Why part with her!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(16-01-2013, 03:30pm)pan Wrote: Dealers will (obviously) always give you peanuts.

They will for '99 red ones anyway .. Boobies4

And, as it turns out, '01 blue / silver ones .. Embarassed
You do have to be realistic, sure we are all big fan's of the Busa, and it broke my heart to have to sell mine.
But in real life it is just a 14 year old bike no matter how well it has been looked after or how much bling you have added. You can ask any dealer, no colour scheme is worth more than any other, the only people that say they are collectable are the people that own them.

As Max said, you want to get real value out of it, keep it and ride it. It wont gain any more value but it certainly wont loose any either.