Front Brake Shudders
Recently I hav enoticed a small shudder in front brakes when I am hitting them hard at low speeds (had to do a few miracle stops with xmas traffic goons).. Scary
Brake pads have plently of meat and look to be wearing the same.
Fluid was changed at beginning of summer
Lines look good

was wondering if this means I need to replace rotors? Not sure if they are original but they should have been checked for compliance thickness for rego inspection.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(10-01-2013, 11:58am)Batfink Wrote: Recently I hav enoticed a small shudder in front brakes when I am hitting them hard at low speeds (had to do a few miracle stops with xmas traffic goons).. Scary
Brake pads have plently of meat and look to be wearing the same.
Fluid was changed at beginning of summer
Lines look good

was wondering if this means I need to replace rotors? Not sure if they are original but they should have been checked for compliance thickness for rego inspection.

sounds like the rotors could be warped, jack the front end up, use a pencil held up againts the forks and line it up with the rotor, spin the wheel ull see if the rotors are warped that way. lol hope that makes sense.
pete
08 gen 2 grey
ths pete.. i got a lovely tool for checking warp for any rotors (car or bike) but haven't done it yet.. DOH

Didn't really think of tht cause high speed braking has no wobble at all
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(10-01-2013, 12:08pm)Batfink Wrote: ths pete.. i got a lovely tool for checking warp for any rotors (car or bike) but haven't done it yet.. DOH

Didn't really think of tht cause high speed braking has no wobble at all

yeah does sound a little strange, but i guess if its
only warped slightly u would tend to feel it at lower speeds.

pete
08 gen 2 grey
I was thinking the floating rivots were worn which might cause rotor plate to bounce when the roataions get to point of stopping??
any1 got other ideas?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

last time I had a shudder from the brakes, it was from a tiny little bit of air in the lines. After bleeding them again, shudder no more.
Mine was only noticeable while braking very hard and at the very last second of stopping....until that last second they were smooth all the way.
tht sounds more like what I have BB... thx
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Could be that the pads are glazed mate, remove them and rub them down with some decent sandpaper.

That should remove your shudder.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
will try tht this weekend too max..
re-bleed and pad de-glazing.. what a great Saturday
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1