Poll: Are you comming
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes Booked
55.88%
19 55.88%
Not Sure
14.71%
5 14.71%
Cant make it
29.41%
10 29.41%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

S.A Normanville 2013 Busa Bash
(25-08-2013, 07:56pm)Madmax Wrote: We have a wedding in Bali the weekend before. Not getting home from that until Tuesday.
We have asked Heidi if we can borrow her bike trailer as my wrists will be a long time recovering unfortunately. Went for a short ride to Bungendore with Les and a few mates for lunch and drink. The wrist didn't do too well bugger it. Fingers crossed it's going to get better!! Will be watching this space to see if we can make it or not.

Max, if you're passing through Sydney, you're always welcome to grab my trailer and ramp... strong, new tyres, and would do the trip easy with 2 Busas on the back
All booked on the boat.. Will be landing in Melbourne Friday right before Normanville w/e.. Hope to meet up with busdriver on the way...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Geez Tony....

You're leaving your run a bit late, mate!!

Depending on which way you go (inland or via GOR)....you're looking at a SOLID 8-10 hour ride from Melbourne to Normanville!!!

The problem you are going to have if you ride all day Friday to get to Normanville (unless you are absolutely SuPeR-DooPeR-FiT) is that you'll more than likely be TOO BUGGERED on the Saturday to do the loop ride....which in my humble opinion is 100% ESSENTIAL (...especially THIS year...being a memorial run dedicated to Peter Green, aka Greeny_SA)

We need ALL BUSA's BikerBikerBikerBikerBiker that make it to Normanville for the BB to ATTEND the loop ride / memorial run this year.....it isn't a mandatory requirement >>> but it is a COMPULSORY one....
Baz.. No need to worry mate, I will happily do 48 hours straight riding if needed..
I had a great day with ROD and crew doing the strath gorgon dam run, only 600k with plenty of time to have fun... 800k on the mainland roads is a piss in the bushes. LOL
Plan on having a good feed and brushes on Friday night and be up Brit n early sat for a full day of riding...
Also planning a big night before the ride back on Monday LOL. Nothin good is ever easy
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(18-08-2013, 07:17pm)bazman Wrote: Heya Les....
what happened to the Adelaide component?!?

Hey Bazman,
I had to change some things about. Now staying the Sunday night at Normanville, and heading to Melbourne Monday morning.

I've got a shit load of roads on and I had to cut back on parts of some to do others.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
if anyone on here suffers from cramps after long haul rides ,like i do ,take magnesium tabs with water for the big rides,itl stop cramps,just a hint as im not youngish anymore
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
cramps ain't too big of a worry for me.....but lots of butt and sciatic nerve pain certainly is!!!

I think I've found a good solution (...for me anyway).....airhawk seat pads!!

tried it out on a 3 hour run from W'gong to N'castle recently, and it feels pretty good first time out!!

waiting to give it an even longer test very soon, just to see how everything holds up!!

Roll on November and the BB....Pi_thumbsupYesPi_thumbsup
(25-08-2013, 11:21pm)pan Wrote:
(25-08-2013, 07:56pm)Madmax Wrote: We have a wedding in Bali the weekend before. Not getting home from that until Tuesday.
We have asked Heidi if we can borrow her bike trailer as my wrists will be a long time recovering unfortunately. Went for a short ride to Bungendore with Les and a few mates for lunch and drink. The wrist didn't do too well bugger it. Fingers crossed it's going to get better!! Will be watching this space to see if we can make it or not.

Max, if you're passing through Sydney, you're always welcome to grab my trailer and ramp... strong, new tyres, and would do the trip easy with 2 Busas on the back

Thanks for your kind offer Pan, I think going down less than a week after spending a week in Bali is going to be trying our luck.

The wedding came out of nowhere, my sister's youngest daughter, at 33 is getting married, my sister's first child's wedding. Going to cost a bomb, we'll have a great time but then heading to Adelaide will be just too much on our bank balance mate.

We will probably end up waiting out for Tathra next year and hoping the wrist improves with time.

We'll be thinking of you all down there! Be safe and have a great trip.

Max and Mrs Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Sad 
Hey guys,
It is with much regret and sadness that I am going to have to give Normanville a miss this year. I've been looking forward to it so much, but unfortuneatly, funds are just not going to allow it Frown

I hope everyone has a safe trip over and that the party for Peter is a grand one. I still think of Peter every time I jump on my busa and look at the green ribbon on my keyring that I carry with pride.

Have a great time everyone .. Pi_thumbsup
That's not good, Dale Frown ....hopefully circumstances will change for ya for the better between now and Normanville-time!?!
Bookings made for Dinner Saturday Night at the Normanville Hotel .........30 odd people at 7PM ..... People down there were very good and understand who we are and what we are doing....they are ok if there are more of us.
BikerPi_thumbsupBiker
If it doesn't feel good........Your doing it wrong !!!
I reckon I could get there... It is my home town afterall.
My Crazy Plan.....

Leave Rockhampton early Sat 9th Nov for a long day in the saddle, no plans on accomm just see where I get to.Biker
Sunday 10th another early start may go via Putty Road. Might make it to Albury/ Tallangatta for the Sunday night. Catch up with the VIC crew early Monday for the run to Warrnambool via the GOR. Tuesday Normanville. I guess I will be pretty thirsty by then!Very HappyBeerBeerBeer

Getting to Normanville early to relax and quench my thirst!
Anyone from Bris or NSW is most welcome to come along if this fits in with your plans.

Sunday 17th or Monday 18th leave for the return leg. Around a 5500km round trip.Yes

Cheers

Triffstar
WoW Nath, that sounds like an awesome plan!!!

If your run stays close to that, it sounds VERY similar to ours!! We are due to arrive at N'ville on the Tuesday arvo, via GOR on the Monday.

We might be just a little bit in front of you before that section....but probably not by very much at all!?!

Keep in touch...and we'll see if we can ride some of the way with ya!!
Holidays approved , leave Wednesday travelling with Doug. Start getting everything ready.