Oil filter change without removing fairings
Is it possible. I heard it may be on Gen 2 by getting up from underneath the exhausts?
Nope, not possible. Did my change yesterday and there is no way to do it with out taking the right side faring off.
appreciated
Yes it is possible - i did it for the first oil change on mine.Split fairing underneath & spread lower to access filter with a cup type filter remover & 3/8 ratchet. Bit fiddly but can be done.
ripper. Will give a try when due in a few more k's. Thanks guys
(26-01-2013, 04:59pm)mozza24 Wrote: Yes it is possible - i did it for the first oil change on mine.Split fairing underneath & spread lower to access filter with a cup type filter remover & 3/8 ratchet. Bit fiddly but can be done.

Yes canbe done. As above go through the scoop to undo filter.
Good to know. I can get the fairing of in 5 mins but still PIA &
waste of time.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Can not understand why bother and risk breaking tabs when it only takes 5 minutes to remove the side Confused
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(26-01-2013, 11:46pm)storm Wrote: Good to know. I can get the fairing of in 5 mins but still PIA &
waste of time.

I have done every thing to avoid taking fairing off. If only takes 5 min then agree would be easier to just take off. If you are going to remove would like to see how it is done.
(28-01-2013, 12:13am)Landmine Wrote:
(26-01-2013, 11:46pm)storm Wrote: Good to know. I can get the fairing of in 5 mins but still PIA &
waste of time.

I have done every thing to avoid taking fairing off. If only takes 5 min then agree would be easier to just take off. If you are going to remove would like to see how it is done.

The first time took awhile as I had to figure out the fastners's positions.
3 screws.2 fasteners bottom of the fairing,2 on the top near the tank,one near radiator, one of the pin types inside front of fairing. Yank the fairing off. This is from memory. I need to buy new fastners. Old ones are a pain sometimes to put back in.

Anyway I have decided to change filter every second oil change.even the oil after 6600 kms was clean.didn't change filter at 1k as I did not have a filter wrench and the damn thing was tight as hell. Filter after 7700 kms didn't have anything particularly interesting in it.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Can be done use a K&N filter with 17 mm Nut ....pack fairing with Rags to hold it out to get your Mitts in there....Just take your time .
[Image: lcqPoYy.jpg]
Thats slack, service is about having a look at stuff, not just one thing.
(Oil filter change without removing fairings) This is the Topic in this thread....if i read it correct...

(My response) Was....Can be done use a K&N filter with 17 mm Nut ....pack fairing with Rags to hold it out to get your Mitts in there....Just take your time .
I have done this on my Gen 1 a couple of times. Expect to lose some bark from the hands and hide the swear jar before you start. You will also swear to never do that again.... until the next time...